03-Mar-10 Changes to HP Skill, Shattered Heart, RuneScape Lobby/Login Changes, Success at Smelting Iron

Toad

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course, the possibility of new potions that can bring your health above 990, new armor that can give you better hit points, thus allowing new weapons that hit higher. This is just a needed stepping stone so that we CAN hit higher.

Everything is just multiplied by a factor of 10.

Their development blog doesn't even touch on this. The main reason that many players wanted to see a HP change so that we can weapons that hit higher.

Nothing is really different. It's HP under a different name, with a seperate HP bar .

I find it funny how everyone in the official forums are pissed off and quitting members, instead of actually using their head on why they would change the system.

+1

there's nothing wrong with not understanding something completely.

it's another to think that you do, and take inappropriate actions based on inappropriate understanding.

but not too surprised, self-IQ inflation isn't unique to runescape.

Their development blog doesn't even touch on this. The main reason that many players wanted to see a HP change so that we can weapons that hit higher.

Nothing is really different. It's HP under a different name, with a seperate HP bar .

jagex said that we're getting a defence AND hitpoints update

so far this looks like just the hitpoints update

Naaxi.png

tl:dr

We have multiplied every hp related stuff with 10 because noobs hate hitting zero's

I'm sure they have forgotten to 10x SOMETHING, so that will be interesting.

That is what I got out of this and I am not amused...however, I'm betting that a few percentage based healers will be more efficient now, even thought it sucks that most hp related mental calculations will probably need a calculator now...

Ponies should heal... 148-149 hp now!! woot! Ponies are now officially at least 6% more efficient, high five?

EDIT: max should be 1000 with an activated constitution cape, no?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I find it funny how everyone in the official forums are pissed off and quitting members, instead of actually using their head on why they would change the system.

Remember, the RSOF is home of trolls and morons. In other words, no loss. Just some 10 years olds upset that Runescape will make them do a little bit more math.

29y32nr.png

Rarest Drop: Obsidian Cape x3, TzHaar-Ket/Xil

Knew it would happen sooner or later. I look forward to being 92 HP tomorrow :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I get a feeling pures may suffer.

Lets say you max is normally 50. This is now 500. So instead of 49 other numbers you can hit, there is now 499 other numbers you can hit.

THIS MAKES ATTACK MORE IMPORTANT?

See?

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

And of course, the possibility of new potions that can bring your health above 990, new armor that can give you better hit points, thus allowing new weapons that hit higher. This is just a needed stepping stone so that we CAN hit higher.

actually it does

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

Wait a minute...Because of the Constiution multiplying everythings HP by 10...That means...

HOLYWTF BURGERS BATMAN! The Corporeal beast now has 20000 HP!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, as of now, we are [cabbage]ed

You've got to think that you also hit *10 as hard when you hit an NPC, in this case the Corporeal Beast. Based on that it shouldn't take any longer now to kill the CB then it would have before. You'll just bit hitting a lot higher each hit, but to counter that the CB's HP has been increased.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

[hide]

This update is pretty lame. If you compare the game now to back in 2004, almost everything has been revamped, and hitpoints were one of the last shreds of runescape in 2004 that we had left. The fact that Runescape only had a max of 99 hp, is what made the game unique to other mmo's because you'll find that hardly any other mmo has a max hp of under 100.

Unique does not mean better mate.

Never said better? I just liked how unique runescape was, all the mmo's followed each others footsteps, and it looks like Runescape has started to follow too.

I agree. This will appeal to those who like superficially hitting higher. Notice that the game is being more targetted to ADD little kids.

In the end it's just the same though. If monsters take the same time to kill etc.

It's a shame all that is unique about RS is just being revamped. Clearly there was something appealing about what they were doing before as it attracted so many players.

I think they should have foccused on word of mouth. The best guide to this game is still a experienced friend showing you the ropes. No NPC, or tutorials or hitting fewer 0's can replace that.

Plus it's still annoying if you hit a bunch of 1's instead of 0's.

[/hide]

If you said that you like the unique RS(99 hp) more than the more updated RS(990 hp), I am assuming you mean better.

@Canadiansmurf: Seriously? You think this is targeted towarded kids with ADD? You better think more throughly before you type. I really really do not understand how before attracted many players, do you mean it attracts less now? Honestly mate.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Lets say you max is normally 50. This is now 500. So instead of 49 other numbers you can hit, there is now 499 other numbers you can hit.

See?

No, it makes strength more important.

Zerker_jane.png

I don't know why people are so bothered by this, its the same as before just a slightly different mechanic and higher values.

Its just gonna take a little while to get used to that's all.

Future uses such as LP (life-points) boosting armour set effects, and higher hitting weapons are a possibility now.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

See?

No, it makes attack more important, as attack will help you reach the higher numbers.

And when theres 499 other numbers to hit instead of you max (normally there would be 49).

This is simple logic.

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

Wait a minute...Because of the Constiution multiplying everythings HP by 10...That means...

You've got to think that you also hit *10 as hard when you hit an NPC, in this case the Corporeal Beast. Based on that it shouldn't take any longer now to kill the CB then it would have before. You'll just bit hitting a lot higher each hit, but to counter that the CB's HP has been increased.

I know. I just felt like being a nub there. But you gotta admit, 20k HP is kinda imposing.

29y32nr.png

Rarest Drop: Obsidian Cape x3, TzHaar-Ket/Xil

Forget Corp :ohnoes: CHICKENS HAVE 30HP D: IMAGINE LOADS OF THEM?! D: AND THEY SPAWN FASTER THAN CORP! :ohnoes:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

For the people saying that this update opens the door for weapons that hit higher, IT DOESN'T. Since hitpoints and the max amount of damage you deal deal are both multiplied by the same ratio of 10, nothing changes.

patr1ckotg1.png

woooooooooooot new skilll finaly!!!!!!! constitution!!!!!!!!

r.i.p. jard y dooku

this will take months of getting used to

before update at 90 hp brews would heal 15

does this mean they heal 155? if so thats epic

a_final_name.png

I don't know why people are so bothered by this, its the same as before just a slightly different mechanic and higher values.

Its just gonna take a little while to get used to that's all.

Future uses such as LP (life-points) boosting armour set effects, and higher hitting weapons are a possibility now.

wait a sec - how?

If everything is 10xed, we're basically at the same place with this

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

See?

No, it makes attack more important, as attack will help you reach the higher numbers.

And when theres 499 other numbers to hit instead of you max (normally there would be 49).

This is simple logic.

This update doesn't affect attack at all. I don't think you read it properly.

Attack doesn't decide the number you hit. it just decides whether you hit or not. Strength decides what number you hit, thus strength now has more numbers to hit.

It does improve accuracy, but only because it improves strengths chance of hitting.

Zerker_jane.png