03-Mar-10 Changes to HP Skill, Shattered Heart, RuneScape Lobby/Login Changes, Success at Smelting Iron

Toad

The hitpoints update really makes me wonder what the new combat update could be... (assuming they updated hitpoints because of the combat update that is coming up sometime).

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So buy sharks now? Or...

So if I get this right, our hp level is x10 and so are NPC's, food heals the same, just that it is x10, and hits are x10? What's the point?

Also, do you think food prices will be jacked up when idiots think it means sharks can heal you at once?

1251842664adamantdragonsignature.png

It definitely seems to mean strength levels will have more of an effect...+2-3 to your max hit per level more instead of waiting 4 levels to increase the max.

What does this mean for Nomad and Corp now? 10k and 20k hp now?

Tipit kinda got screwed with this update....there is a LOOOOOT of updating for the bestiary now.

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

It definitely seems to mean strength levels will have more of an effect...+2-3 to your max hit per level more instead of waiting 4 levels to increase the max.

What does this mean for Nomad and Corp now? 10k and 20k hp now?

Tipit kinda got screwed with this update....there is a LOOOOOT of updating for the bestiary now.

I am sure one of them will whip up a program that will just automatically times all the HP+Damage by ten.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Mod Ash - QF code 15-16-298-60500114

There'll be a newspost along presently, after the game update countdown begins. Your life points will be based off your Constitution stat x10. So 99 Constitution will give you 990 life points.

Food and damage are basically x10 up from what they were before.

This isn't actually the big technical update that's taken all day to release. But I guess it's the bit of the update that you'll notice most when you're playing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Max hits are up x10 too. All damage and healing is, roughly speaking, up by x10.

The point was actually to get more flexibility for adjusting things up a bit and down a bit, not to radically change the behaviour of the game. At the moment, so many of the combat calculations end up being rounded to the same number because hitpoints only went up to 99 (and much less for most players).

I look forward to the newsposts coming out with full explanations of the day's updates

-----------------------------------------------------------

So, I think your constitution lvl will stay the same as your hp lvl now, and every level you gain will give you 10 life points. Also, he says this isnt the technical update...this could be Shattered Heart, or something else...

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

Smelly is a lying cabbage.

I wonder how HP exp is going to be counted? Damage/10*1.33?

I misread it at first glimpse it said "for example" it was using a current 45 hp as an example ;) so not lying I did correct myself if that helps!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I'm guessing currently if I hit a 30.4 with a whip it'd be displayed as a 30, if I hit a 30.5 it'd be rounded to 31, so this is a more precise way of measure as a 304 and a 305, perhaps a future intention with this update.

Some more KB picture locations.

On the clanwars KB page there is a ranger hitting a 122 on another player.

Stealing creation shows a 104.

Temple trekking shows a 100.

Fight caves shows a player hitting 209 on Jad.

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

is it just me...or is everyone kind of overreacting over this HP update.

There really is no difference except that everything is multiplied by 10... The only difference I can see in this is that you can maybe now hit or heal in between the previous combat values.

For example previously you could hit say either a 14 or a 15. Now maybe we can hit a 14.5 which would be a 145.

So the precision of the hp system has been increased and instead of using decimals they just multiplied everything by 10...Other than that, everything is pretty much the same? (in regards to the hp update)

Smelly is a lying cabbage.

I wonder how HP exp is going to be counted? Damage/10*1.33?

I misread it at first glimpse it said "for example" it was using a current 45 hp as an example ;) so not lying I did correct myself if that helps!

I know that, was pulling your leg. :grin:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Thanksgiving event and hitting 200s on turkeys.. WAS A BETA FOR TODAY'S UPDATE!!!

rofl :P

You might not be far off there...

I'm just going to like seeing all the high hits I do :P and I'm interested to see how the do the xp breakdown. On the highscores list, hitpoints is still listed as hitpoints and not constitution.

Amaranth_GTO.png

Holy...

Check out the special attack article on the knowledge base. :P

Il post some pictures here, but they will dissapear later on:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/special_attacks

dragon_longsword2a.jpgdragon_scimitar2a.jpgabyssal_whip1a.jpgdragon_2h_sword1a.jpgdragon_claws1a.jpgrod_of_ivandis1a.jpg

Thanksgiving event and hitting 200s on turkeys.. WAS A BETA FOR TODAY'S UPDATE!!!

Of course it wasn't that.

Why not? ;)

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

*begins crying uncontrollably*

I feel bad for the guy who has to stat spy all monsters for max hits (since it won't be X 10 it can have any number from 1-4 behind it now *I think*) Hp will be easy to work out though just slap a 0 at the end!