03-Mar-10 Changes to HP Skill, Shattered Heart, RuneScape Lobby/Login Changes, Success at Smelting Iron

Toad

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patch notes 3/3/10

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

Fixed a problem throughout the game where animations on NPCs high in the air (such as aviansie) now appear to hit them correctly.

Marius Giste's chathead now matches his actual head.

Quests

Fixed an NPC in the Restless Ghost quest who wasn't dealing any damage.

Miscellaneous

Removed a duplicate message when fighting/the Vyrewatch notice you.

Ensured that some of the map locations in the Familiarisation area aren't blocked by shards.

Corrected some inconsistencies in the Adventurers Log.

You will no longer be attacked when viewing the crop circle on Mos Le'Harmless.

Fixed a problem with the overload potion between logouts.

Added the new implings to Quick Chat.

When the RuneScape applet is not in focus, the flashing caret in the chat box is hidden.

Using a cloth to clean dye off of abyssal whips is now consistent no matter which way around they are used.

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

The lobby system is interesting, is like a RS version of IRC I guess?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

03-Mar-2010 - Improving Success when Smelting Iron (Free and Members)

Previously, when smelting iron ore, there was only a 50/50 chance that it would result in an iron bar (the rest of the time it would just be lost). Now, that success rate has changed so that, at level 15 Smithing, you will succeed 50% of the time, and from level 45 Smithing onwards, you will succeed 80% of the time (gaining an extra 1% chance of success per Smithing level earned in between).

Free players are more likely to have interest in this update, as members have access to rings of forging, a limited-use item that grants 100% success when smelting iron, but this change benefits everybody.

Mod Hew

RuneScape Content Developer

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

Tipit kinda got screwed with this update....there is a LOOOOOT of updating for the bestiary now.

*begins crying uncontrollably*

there there serp *cuddles* it'll be all alright. I'll help you ^^ <3

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Funny they add in the damage multiplier with 10x damage and health. I was talking about it a few weeks ago on my friend's RS Podcast. I *know* they didn't change it because of me, never crossed my mind, I am just surprised I was right in my hopes and guessings.

Now they can put in cool weapons, like bow/dart speed melee weapons that are accurate but hit low.

You can now block a 5th task if you have more than 250 Quest Points.

You can purchase the ability to be assigned aquanites by Kuradal.

You can now purchase the ability to deal killing blows faster to those Slayer creatures that require them.

The crystal chime now has an auto chime feature, which should help when fighting warped terrorbirds and warped tortoises.

Oh wow

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

So....how many slayer points does it take to purchase the Ice Strykewyrm task? <_<

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Can anybody access the blog which they say will explain why they did this? Because I am getting redirected to the blog page, I am using a proxy though so that might be why.

11-1.jpg[

The Hit Points update SEEMS to be the first step in a REAL rebalance of the combat triangle.

Before the update, let's say a weapon could deal either 17 or 18 damage. After the update, that same weapon could deal 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, or 180 damage. This will allow the damage dealt by all weapons, spells, & bolts/arrows to be adjusted and bring the combat triangle into more of a balanced state.

Lord_Porus.png

Can anybody access the blog which they say will explain why they did this? Because I am getting redirected to the blog page, I am using a proxy though so that might be why.

Nope, doesn't seem to be up yet. I'll put it in the topic I have made straight away when it's through though.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Same here. It just sends me to the old blog page.

I think is pretty cool. This means you don't have to go up 4 strength levels to hit one more damage. I'm curious to see how this will affect boss fights, maybe harder?

vettro.png

Same here, I think they haven't uploaded the blog yet.

The 5th block comes in handy and i love the auto-chime function if it works correctly.

Also I really like the idea of the lobby, now you don't have to enter your pass each time you want to switch worlds :thumbup:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

the blog link just sends me to the developers blog page...doesnt seem to be up yet

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Music Tracks - 703/704

WOW, the slayer changes are crazy. I'm logging in and seeing Kuradal right away.

Get a picture? :D

By the way, it's great that Jagex adjusted their Fire Cape changes a bit more... Fire only multiplying damage by 1.5 without a Fire Cape is fair.

Nope, doesn't seem to be up yet. I'll put it in the topic I have made straight away when it's through though.

nvm