03-Mar-10 Changes to HP Skill, Shattered Heart, RuneScape Lobby/Login Changes, Success at Smelting Iron

Toad

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay for 5th task block? waited a year for that one

jard y dooku what does the monster examine say about nomads hp level!!?!?!?!?!?

jard y dooku: its over 9.....ok u get the picture ill spare you

Jake doesn't play anymore, he quit not long after his silly rant about the Rock Patriarch. Something about not being able to play RS without making a website, and not being able to make a website and keep up with schoolwork.

Anyways, the difference between armors that boost your max HP and Saradomin Brews / Rocktails is the way HP is treated as a skill. So far, everything with regards to HP behaves similarly to other skills - if you boost your HP above the maximum, it'll slowly degenerate at the same rate as other skills. Nothing boosts your max skill levels, which would render things like HP-Boosting armor very, very, bizarre. It can't be like Overloads, overloads are essentially drinking every potion again every 15 seconds, but if left to its own devices, it would perform like the HP cape - it boosts, then goes away, and you have to re-equip the item to get the bonus again. Which would just be extremely painful and ineffective.

However, now that Life Points are no longer a skill, it can be treated entirely different. You can have the maximum increased, so armor can give +20 MAX Life instead of just current.

Why are there 2 people playing throughout this entire update when we can't even get to the login page?...

And why did they make 3 news posts, other than shattered heart, all the other 'changes' aren't that substantial. Boohoo, so every thing hp gets multipled by 10. And iron?... Iron itself really doesn't deserve a whole newspost, just be just 1 more line in the main newspost or even patch notes.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

damnit. i had login screen loaded, and got error connecting, now the page itself wont even load <_<

That's because every world is down so they can move them to new hosts.

15-16-547-60500622

QFC for a post by Mod Tom S for a Live Update of the update progress.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Yes, but since LP is seperate from the skill, it could be boosted by items, set effects and other things in the future, it could add the possibility for more powerful items.

That's just grasping at straws to explain this change.

They could already have done that with the HP skill.

Sara brews already work like that.

Rocktails heal beyond your HP.

The new thing is that they can bring out items that boost your max HP without healing you, it is more flexible than before.

I don't understand, how do you boost your max hp without healing yourself?

I'm confused :-|

So, what do you think about slayer? Will it be the monsters HP then? Could they have forgotten it and so left us to get 10X slayer exp per task? And same with combat? 1 exp per damage or do they do the normal 4X or will the normal 4X be overlooked somehow and turned to 40X? They need to be careful they double and triple check things.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

wholegamewindow1d.jpg

How does he have 99 hits with such low stats? does this mean there are gonna be new ways to level your hits skill without gaining any other xp? :blink:

Actually I believe this is an imaginary character (how could you possible get 99 slayer with these combat stats???)

wholegamewindow1d.jpg

Yes, but since LP is seperate from the skill, it could be boosted by items, set effects and other things in the future, it could add the possibility for more powerful items.

The new thing is that they can bring out items that boost your max HP without healing you, it is more flexible than before.

You can boost your possible HP, not your actual HP.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Max hitpoints don't change. They're calculated directly from your XP and their formula. In other words, you can not change max HP at all.

However, Life Points are NOT a skill. Base Max LP is simply Constitution times ten, it's very plausible to change Rocktails to, say, +100 Max Life Points and +230 Life Points. Similarly, you could have new potions that ONLY boost Max Life Points.

This is one of the most exciting updates I have seen in Runescape for a while. Runescape is one step closer to having a real combat system. I'm extremely happy.

yes, i agree with you somewhat.

to be honest tho, i kinda feel sad. My account is pretty much older then 95% of the other people i meet in game. I came from classic. And throughout the game, there have been very few skills that remained the same. I will miss the good old reliable hitpoints skill :cry: it was one of the few things that has remained the same since time immemorial. Let us hold a moment of silence for that which is now gone............

pere_grin.png

Before if you want to increase your max hp, you have to eat brews/rocktail to overheal. Now with constitution, they can bring out potions that affect only constitution. You drink a constitution potion that increase the level by 10, you gain max of 100 LP but you do not heal because constitution is your max HP and LP is your current HP.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

This is one of the most exciting updates I have seen in Runescape for a while. Runescape is one step closer to having a real combat system. I'm extremely happy.

yes, i agree with you somewhat.

to be honest tho, i kinda feel sad. My account is pretty much older then 95% of the other people i meet in game. I came from classic. And throughout the game, there have been very few skills that remained the same. I will miss the good old reliable hitpoints skill :cry: it was one of the few things that has remained the same since time immemorial. Let us hold a moment of silence for that which is now gone............

I came from classic as well. I can just see things without my Nostalgia Glasses.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's now updating... i'm at login screen. Now in-game. OMFG hot!!

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

For the people saying that this update opens the door for weapons that hit higher, IT DOESN'T. Since hitpoints and the max amount of damage you deal deal are both multiplied by the same ratio of 10, nothing changes.

You clearly didn't read the whole topic. Considering people have explained how it opens up the door for weapons that hit higher.

Care to explain? If the hitpoints and damage are multiplied using the same ratio, than essentially what we had before was the same, so this changes nothing. Simple logic.

As others have said, now that your constitution level and lifepoints bar are separate, we can have lifepoint boosting set effects or items like the constitution potion that will raise your max lifepoints.

You sir, clearly do not get what i'm saying. They could have added all that when we had 99 hp, this doesn't change anything. Jesus, it's a constant ratio.

It's a constant ratio NOW, but semi-untethering LP's from Cons frees them up to have LP not as dependent. Also, I want my "cursed" weapon that will damage Cons so ppl can't heal back up as high.

newge4.png