New Slayer Changes Discussion

Tylon_Dragadon

and i just used 1,2k points last week.... god my luck is just awesome -.-

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I can auto-retaliate garg tasks now for 400 points. The 2k points for not getting a fire cape seems a bit over-exorbitant.

[runs around lalala while wearing a fire cape] :3

I especially liked the Auto-Kill option was a pain sometimes to keep remembering "Oh right, Fugicide/ Rock Hammer/ etc"

Popoto.~<3

I'm questioning if there's a reason for its existence in the first place.

And now we're back three years ago to the same argument people had when this skill came out.

The concept of Slayer itself is dumb. But it's a skill, and there you go. At least they've made it a useful one, whereas firemaking is just...there.

Ima hurt you if you mock my favorite skill again.

I would have hated getting maxed melee killing 10000000 armored zombies...

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

So, is the payment to be able to be assigned wyrms, or able to kill them without a cape? Aka, if you have the cape, can you get the assignment and then just not wear it?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I'm questioning if there's a reason for its existence in the first place.

And now we're back three years ago to the same argument people had when this skill came out.

The concept of Slayer itself is dumb. But it's a skill, and there you go. At least they've made it a useful one, whereas firemaking is just...there.

Ima hurt you if you mock my favorite skill again.

I would have hated getting maxed melee killing 10000000 armored zombies...

No one asked you to do that. You can volunteeringly switch monsters as and when you like? No more bad task streaks!

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Ya, when you think about it the only point of Slayer is the rewards that come out of it (such as the loot and unique point rewards like broad bolts). However, these rewards could have easily been added to the game without the addition of a whole new skill. This conversation is several years old though so i'll just leave it at that. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So can anyone confirm the auto smashing for gargoyles while ranging?

Do I step out of my safe spot or just smash them where I stand and get the next one?

I like the new updates, although aquanites....yeah never done a task and never will :D.

Overall, love the skill, wouldn't train melee any other way.

Purekilljoy.png

Let's have another compromise then; spend all your remaining slayer points and never get any more nor ever have access to updated content. That way people who can't seem to deal with the updates wont.

On a serious note, I bought the auto kill the first time i visited Kuradal for a new task. A long over due ability. I haven't gotten any gargs yet though <_<

But! I finally got a chance to take on Jad for slayer xp so I try yet again for a fire cape. I'm glad I got a focus and hex to make my own full helm to use. This time I will be victorious, and of course ready for 93 slayer no matter how many points I have.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

Do I step out of my safe spot or just smash them where I stand and get the next one?

I like the new updates, although aquanites....yeah never done a task and never will :D.

You can stay in your safespot, they just fall apart when their HP runs out like any other monster,

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

You can stay in your safespot, they just fall apart when their HP runs out like any other monster,

And you no longer need to have a rock hammer with you?

Byzantus.png

Got my first Staff of Light whilst wearing Soul Wars cape. Gotta' love it.

On another note, I'm hoping they release some more intermediate-to-higher level monsters like Gargoyles so that I have an incentive to spend 400 points on something that would only affect Gargoyles for me at the moment, unless of course Kuradal is going to assign Zygomites now... :wink:

I really like all of these things. 2000 points is a nice bit aswell.

And either way, if you dont have 2000 points to spend at 93 slayer, you are doing something wrong.

I have a new problem with the compromise. It's causing everyone who hates an update now to make threads suggesting compromises. It's just a new tactic for whiners to use.

I would like to clarify to everyone that when you buy the killing blow option it allows you to kill zygomites, desert lizards, gargoyles and rock slugs without having to use or even have these items on you (fungicide, ice box, rock hammer or bags of salt) to deal the finishing blow. That means these tasks wont annoy you either... well worth the 400 points in my opinion.

This is wrong. I have tested this myself on Gargoyles earlier; you still need a rock hammer in your inventory in order to deal the killing blow.

bleachsigsmalldp1.gif

I would like to clarify to everyone that when you buy the killing blow option it allows you to kill zygomites, desert lizards, gargoyles and rock slugs without having to use or even have these items on you (fungicide, ice box, rock hammer or bags of salt) to deal the finishing blow. That means these tasks wont annoy you either... well worth the 400 points in my opinion.

This is wrong. I have tested this myself on Gargoyles earlier; you still need a rock hammer in your inventory in order to deal the killing blow.

Yeah, you need the item in your inventory.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Yeah, you need the item in your inventory.

Confirmed ! and very usefull.

now, regarding spending 2k points (instead of the crap load of unused slayer dart runes) is something i could think about since i still don't have that xxxx fire cape.

Though, when i think about it more longer, i still think i shouldn't.

Yes, having ice worms as a possible task would be awesome... but doing so with only mage as a solution would cut into being effective.

So, i will continue visiting Jad and hope getting more skilled since fire cape still makes a differente at doing those tasks.

Oh baby light the dark side...

They should have kept the fire cape req. it made them more uniqe.

Unique? Everyone can buy one.. not so unique.

If they were to be untradable, that would be a good incentive to get that fire cape. Now, it would just be profit driven, which in case of spending 2k slayer points makes sense.. 1 SoL and you gained back tha points.

In my case: no ice wyrm task yet since I unlocked the ability, and getting close to slayer 99, so I consider training some more slayer to try out ice wyrms at least.

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

They should have kept the fire cape req. it made them more uniqe.

Unique? Everyone can buy one.. not so unique.

If they were to be untradable, that would be a good incentive to get that fire cape. Now, it would just be profit driven, which in case of spending 2k slayer points makes sense.. 1 SoL and you gained back tha points.

In my case: no ice wyrm task yet since I unlocked the ability, and getting close to slayer 99, so I consider training some more slayer to try out ice wyrms at least.

Nevermind, misread that line

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)