Wayne's gone, who will take over mainstream rap?

noble_aloof

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanye has more talent in his little finger than most of the other people you listed. And what about Jay-Z, is he not considered rap anymore or something?

Imo he should stick to what he does best which is producing.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Sage Francis and atmosphere will take it over one day, but it's not mainstream, never will be ;)

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

soulhja idiot or whatever should never be allowed to touch an instrument >.>

Pretty sure he doesn't anyway.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Well Wayne will never truly be gone..he recorded 10 music videos and has hundreds of pre recorded songs that they will drop while hes away. But as for whose taking the game this year I would say theres five with a shot.

1. Drake- He has already blown up his mixtape So Far Gone outsold most albums and his up and coming album Thank Me Later is one of the most anticipated of the year. The First single Over was decent and in the single he did bring across the point that he would take over and lead the game and YM (young money) while Wayne is incarcerated. The Second song with The Dream titled Shut it Down had a more R&B feel and was an improvement and I'm sure will be named the second single at a later time.

2. B.O.B- His single with Bruno Mars is huge right now and his album set to drop this year is sure to be a hit. He so far has been flying under the radar but with an album that has features from other hit artists such as (Eminem/ TI) its sure to give him an edge.

3. Nas- Nas is dropping his long overdue album Jr. Gong ( Damien Marley) the late Bob Marley's youngest son. The album is an album for Africa and already has critics saying its a sure classic. Nas Also is working on a project with Jay Electronica ( one of the best new lyricists in the game) which is sure to also bring him a good amount of acclaim.

4. TI- He's fresh out of jail and his single Im Back has showed everyone just that. His album drops at the end of this year but I would expect alot of features from him in the coming months. Also Expect him to be promoting B.O.B who is signed to his Grand Hustle label.

5. J. Cole - J Cole's album drops this year he isnt well known but he is the first artist signed to RocNation ( Jay Z's label) He featured on Jay's latest album and has had 2 critically acclaimed mixtapes ( The Warmup/The Come Up)

A few other names come to mind such as : Eminem/Jay Electronica/Kid Cudi/Jay Z but each has there downfall. Eminem's Relapse 2 isnt a return to the Eminem we've been waiting for look for that on the next album. Jay E./Kid Cudi's music is still not fully understood by the mainstream and I dont expect them to be on top of the game till 2011/12. The Hov will always be great but as his Blueprint Trilogy has finished I dont know what to expect as he says the next album will be a sampler album.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

I'm really looking forward to the Damian Marley and Nas collaboration, however I really don't venture into the realm of mainstream rap too often. A return to form for Eminem would be nice though, I didn't think Relapse was too bad but it wasn't quite up to par.

I can honestly say I was never very fond of Wayne though. I don't hate his music, but I don't really like it either.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'm really looking forward to the Damian Marley and Nas collaboration, however I really don't venture into the realm of mainstream rap too often.

I literally just looked for a leak right before clicking this topic. So weird.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'm really looking forward to the Damian Marley and Nas collaboration, however I really don't venture into the realm of mainstream rap too often.

I literally just looked for a leak right before clicking this topic. So weird.

You've already heard the first two songs ( strong will continue/As We Enter) right?

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

I think you left several people off that list. Kid Cudi has a great debut album and I think he will be huge at some point. T.I. is also coming back and no doubt his next album will be big. Weezy may be out of the game for a bit while he is serving his time, but the Carter IV will be big whenever it comes out.

I think Drake is the next person to take it huge though. Already praised for "So Far Gone" and his work on "We Are Young Money." His solo album comes out soon. He also crosses into different graphics in an interesting way because he has already gained over much of rap fanbase and I personally know a lot of teenage (girls mostly) who know a lot about him because they watch Degrassi and saw him in that and are fans of him.

But there are a lot of guys out there who will be huge over the next year or so and Lil' Wayne is far from done.

wayne is such a hard worker, he has made so many songs that the music world wont even notice he is gone. That´s it, but drake is on his way up.

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

He's "Gone" ? As far as I know he released an album in Europe three weeks ago? Is he dead or something?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

He's "Gone" ? As far as I know he released an album in Europe three weeks ago? Is he dead or something?

Prison

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

A year. Not that I care too much personally, I'm not a fan of his.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Drake fo sho.

It would be cool if Nas came out with some dope new raps. I also heard of some guy named XV with some cool songs, maybe he'll somehow make it big

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.