Skillers

Poopingman

Okay, I really don't get this whole skiller thing. I understand the novelty and "wow factor" that bred the initial concept; but it has become a bit overplayed in my eyes.

So we get it, seeing a low level player with high non-combat skills is initially pretty shocking! I mean, look at the unnecessary handicaps they put on themselves to reach where they are! However through this process I can't help but attribute it to somebody who...lets say performs all of his daily routines with his arms tied behind his back; all for the sole reason to, at the end of the day brag to his friends about how he did it. Impressive, sure...but why? Why not put all of your eggs in one basket and have a balanced character that can be respected on all fronts. Why put yourself in the unenviable position of having to mention "My main..." every time you are called out on being a one-trick pony?

In the past this wasn't as big of an issue as it has become. Skillers are becoming far more numerous, their smug attitudes bringing me to making this topic. Of course, play the game whatever way you which, just don't expect adoration for these decisions.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Well, it sounds like your issue is strictly with skiller pures, rather than skillers in general.

I'm 107 Combat, with combat stats being around 70-80, but I consider myself a skiller.

And I'm not smug :P

Edit: But, I suppose the "real" reason for them wanting to limit themselves is because, well, they simply want to. :P The fun of RS is that you can do what you want to, and combat isn't required as part of that.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

pure skillers kinda agitate me becuase they train one skill for so many hours and then they get there cape and they brag how they have a cape and u dont even though that cape is like a fm or hunter the only ones i would appreciate is the ones with mining and smithing.

i wouldnt care if they have capes i just care that they say there better then us wen we train all are skills and have all of them over 50 or something like that

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

There are a small number of low level pures that have very impressive skills (some with several and almost all 99's). I can give respect to the ones that gain impressive ammounts of xp over 99 as well (50m+ for instance).

If they're just wearing a fire cape that they trimmed with 99 cooking, and have their non-combat sklls in the 50-60 range...i can't say they deserve respect.

smackyw9.gifBrucejuice.png

This Really Depends On The Persons Preference, I For One Am A Skiller But My Combat Is Not Three Its 68. I Very Rarely Train Combat Because I Prefer Training My Non-Combat Skills. Not All Skillers Are Arogant And Its Dosent Hurt To Say "Wow, Getting 99 (Insert Skill Here) Was Hard" As Long As Your Not Trying To Show Off And ATTEMPT To Rub It In Peoples Face.

200812192143.jpg

Proud To Have Once Owned An Untrimmed Agility Cape

I used to play resident evil 4 with only hand gun/knife runs. Why? Because it is fun, I don't really care about skillers because they are just players as well, there are no differences between us except the concept of fun.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

For those who are not respective with lvl3 skillers, i'd like to make them remember what a lvl3 life is : Your in constant danger of death and things are awesome slow (no tele).

Along my strong warrior main, i got a tiny lvl3 f2p skiller i've much fun with. That account isn't awesome but the concept is fun.

While wootcuting, i've saw many other die because of NPCs and becaus they failed @ luring them.

Btw i've seen a lvl3 with 99 craft f2p : you can't argue it's nothing...

Oh baby light the dark side...

For those who are not respective with lvl3 skillers, i'd like to make them remember what a lvl3 life is : Your in constant danger of death and things are awesome slow (no tele).

Along my strong warrior main, i got a tiny lvl3 f2p skiller i've much fun with. That account isn't awesome but the concept is fun.

While wootcuting, i've saw many other die because of NPCs and becaus they failed @ luring them.

thats like saying -

'I'm a better person because I choose to wear no shoes - and live my life the HARD way with blisters and constant footache!! Gotta respect me, i'm hardcore!!'

level 3 skilling - glorified masochism

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

pure skillers kinda agitate me becuase they train one skill for so many hours and then they get there cape and they brag how they have a cape and u dont even though that cape is like a fm or hunter the only ones i would appreciate is the ones with mining and smithing.

i wouldnt care if they have capes i just care that they say they're better than us wen we train all our skills and have all of them over 50 or something like that

Damn man, puctuation is your friend!

I don't quite see why your hatred is focused on skiller pures instead of the pking pures as well, so pures in general. They expect maximum prestige for half the work of an all-round player.

In my experience a lot of these pures, either combat or skilling, tend to act like the typical 10-year-olds which we're so desperate to get rid of, though that's not really your problem with them though I wonder if you can relate to that.

As to answering your question: the essence lies in the acceptance that there are people who actually enjoy setting themselves tasks with limitations as to the means they can use. It's probably not debatable, it's, I think, comparable to someone like pancakes with maple syrup but not with honey. You might not understand, but for them it's totally reasonable.

thats like saying -

'I'm a better person because I choose to wear no shoes - and live my life the HARD way with blisters and constant footache!! Gotta respect me, i'm hardcore!!'

ha ha ha !

Gidion, My main is about to be maxed out and is well balanced. That's the reason i tried to make a lvl3 for the trill of danger doing things. And that's the only point i wanted to put in light... their life isn't easy, that makes playing those fun.

I never told skillers (whatever lvl3 or not) are better thant anywho... i just pointing that working on it deserve persistance. And That is something good to have.

That seems highly suspicious... maybe their main drop traded 100k uncut sapphires?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I never told skillers (whatever lvl3 or not) are better thant anywho... i just pointing that working on it deserve persistance. And That is something good to have.

thats cool then bro, i could never see the attraction of skilling personally

i wont respect anyone for pouring hours of grind into a videogame, no matter how they choose to play it.

it's what you do with your stats that makes a difference to me, be it pk/gwd/clanwars or kq, you need a certain ability. most level 3 skillers seem to grind hours and hours just to stand by the ge hoping to attract 'wow nice x level' or 'wow nice phat' comments - really, what else is there to do?

personal challenge is a great motivator - but the only thing it should generate is personal respect - dont go looking for a pat on the back

;)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

alos lvl 3s have a limited area

they cant go in other areas like canifis or use the shops at relleka

wen wile ur acc like lvl 80 u can actually stick it out wen trying to run thru a dungeon

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

i wouldnt care if they have capes i just care that they say they're better than us wen we train all our skills and have all of them over 50 or something like that

In my experience a lot of these pures, either combat or skilling, tend to act like the typical 10-year-olds which we're so desperate to get rid of, though that's not really your problem with them though I wonder if you can relate to that.

Have you been boss hunting?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Yeah. GWD and TDs are full of arrogant [wagon], but you haven't met a real [bleep] until you've gone to FFA corp.

Yeah. GWD and TDs are full of arrogant [wagon], but you haven't met a real [bleep] until you've gone to FFA corp.

Man, I'd love to hear those stories. A lot of the top BA players are complete [bleep]s, which is somewhat understandable; they do have to deal with hundreds of nine year olds who don't know how to play.

Personally, I don't think that skillers or pures are a problem. People set limitations for themselves to see if they can conquer those limitations. Look at Villandra; she has a lot of accounts that she imposed HUGE limitations on. I know a girl who made a level 15 account that's essentially a BA pure. She's on the front page of the healer high scores. She's as nice as they come, and you meet a lot of players like her when you seriously get into BA like I have lately.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

thats like saying -

You're half right. The pure skiller is taking the stupidly unproductive way, the guy who walks around with no shoes is just an idiot and an attention seeker.

This is nothing new with Runescape, take a look on Youtube, you'll find plenty of people playing games like Final Fantasy with requirements like "No Phoenix Downs" "All white mages" "All black mages" "All fighters" "One Character" and more. Some genuinely do it for the thrill of a challenge, but most just want an internet pat on the back, and attention.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

That seems highly suspicious... maybe their main drop traded 100k uncut sapphires?

no no.Hhe was simlpy a wise f2p merchant who invested the money he got on the right times. Making it even better

i wont respect anyone for pouring hours of grind into a videogame, no matter how they choose to play it.

it's what you do with your stats that makes a difference to me, be it pk/gwd/clanwars or kq, you need a certain ability. most level 3 skillers seem to grind hours and hours just to stand by the ge hoping to attract 'wow nice x level' or 'wow nice phat' comments - really, what else is there to do?

personal challenge is a great motivator - but the only thing it should generate is personal respect - dont go looking for a pat on the back

;)

Hmm, boss hunting on main is already a known activity. The noob lvl3 (that's how i call it) is only for seeing fast lvls and experimenting emergency money making things at top low levels. I'll never run after phat or even any rare on it since i even never did on main. imho, lvl3s are what pures are for pkers nothing else : experimentations of game limits. Though people can put it to the extrem.

You respect people on their game activity... It's ok. I do give respect on people behaviour.

It's like IRL respect on people's look ('bling bling' vs discression)

like bladewing said :

GWD and TDs are full of arrogant [wagon], but you haven't met a real [bleep] until you've gone to FFA corp.

That is also so true. It's part of the competition to point people lack of power in surch situation... but sometimes, it's rough over the limits of respect to people. Doing this that way doesn't give them any sort of respect.

so : Whatever you play like, it's only a pixel and the time you spend on it is your. Just keep pleasure and keep a real active life.

Here's my two cents...

Of course there are things that are harder to do at lvl 3 than at lvl 138. One is runecrafting for example: you can't boost your training by running through ZMI as efficently as someone with magic and defence, you can't just summon your Tony Tiger and run quickly to the nature altar and so on. Same applies to mining and many other skills too. However the reason why they are harder are due one major thing: your own choice. In my opinion it's your own personal problem if you want to limit your gameplay. Sure, you might do it just because it's harder, but in the end it's harder because you've chosen it to be that.

As it's your own personal choice to make it harder, I don't see how someone else should show some extra respect. Certain things can be impressive when they've done few times, but in the end it's similar to making a fire with sticks instead of a lighter: it's cool that you can do it and it can impress people, but it's just plain stupid to light your sauna with that method. It might give you some pleasure that you've managed to warm up the sauna that way, but for majority of the people the main aspect to light the fire is to warm up the sauna, not to make it with some akward method.

Anyways, it seems to me that vast majority of the lvl 3 "skillers" are just attention seekers. I don't personally see how lvl 99 fish, fletch, cook, wc or hunt for example would be a lot harder to get on a lvl 3 than on a lvl 30, 60 or 138. In them the combat plays virtually no role at all and in the end you don't need so much money. Not to mention that you can make a load of money without any combat skills.

All in all, it's our own choice to be inefficent and make things harder. Because of that, I don't give any extra respect to many pure skillers. Of course cool people are cool people and some things are impressive when done the first time, but... Well read up if you missed the point.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Yup, that and I overheard a lot of those skillers bragging in f2p at the Draynor willow trees. Arrogant [wagon].

;)

:thumbup:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Baheeto.png

Don't do it for a pat on the back....man....how different would the world be without people doing that...

Most people who own nice cars wouldn't, a lot of people would have dead lawns and be proud of it, gated communities might not exist....

That's off topic.

Personally, I've never see much of a point in a pure. I'd rather have all my skills on one account. As for skilling pures, well, I like combat quite a bit....so, yeah. But if someone wants to do that, that is their problem.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

;)

:thumbup:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

What abilities does it take to be a PKer/clan war player? Nothing more than experience and good reaction and some advice from guides/more experienced people.

What do you mean by a skiller doesn't have abilities? Don't they also need experience like a PKer? Don't they need the most efficient methods to train? Don't they need perseverance?