Your 126cmb, so you can crash me, right?

elloello

Though I firmly believe that it is your fault that you aren't trained as well as him, I believe it's the 126's fault as well.

Crashing is acceptable, but crashing after the other politely asked them to leave is just... bloody rude.

Lrn2acceptmannerz, ppl. (You're supposed to respond politeness with more politeness, not rudeness.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I firmly believe that it is your fault that you aren't trained as well as him, I believe it's the 126's fault as well.

Crashing is acceptable, but crashing after the other politely asked them to leave is just... bloody rude.

Lrn2acceptmannerz, ppl. (You're supposed to respond politeness with more politeness, not rudeness.)

I disagree. People have been polite with asking me to leave when I have come to a spot and put down my cannon, but I did not leave because them being polite doesn't change the situation.

If I know that I am not going to find an empty world even if I hop I will stay in my world as it does not make a difference if I am crashing a polite person or a rude person, regardless I will be crashing someone. I will apologize but in the end I know to the person being crashed those are all empty words.

This may not be the case in this situation but often lower levels feel that all crashers are deliberately trying to ruin their fun or are just jerks. I can assure those that feel this way that this is not true, when I crash someone I have no intention of ruining their game play nor am I a rude person. I am simply attempting to further my own character's progress and if it is at the someone else's expense then I will apologize, but still continue to do what I am doing.

*Looks around* - Where's that "First Come First Serve" sign? I thought it was here a second ago? Oh damn, that crasher must have taken it and thrown it away!

*CUT*

Seriously though, you don't own the place - what makes you entitled to having the place to yourself? Unless you paid Jagex for the exclusive right (though I doubt they even sell it) to have that place for yourself, anyone can come in and "crash" you. Since when was it YOUR place? It's everyone's place. Just because he came in later doesn't mean he has the obligation to hop worlds. Sure, it's basic courtesy, but no one gives a damn for courtesy in-game.

I'm not in any way advocating crashing, but honestly, someone just logging into the game (most probably) coming into a combat zone, and being asked to leave. How would you feel? You're stressed out and probably tired and want to relax after school or work or what have you. Some other people that have already been there for the past (insert number) minutes tell you to get out, politely or not. Seriously, most people aren't going to delay their personal enjoyment and relaxation for the sake of being courteous.

Allow me to translate this: Don't hate the player, hate the game.

The game is identical for everyone, but some players are considerate, and others are selfish jerks.

So I think I'll continue hating those players and not the game, thanks.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

heh, ya'll had better play a real pvp game to find out what its like to get your spot crashed

dont cry about it, man the [bleep] up

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I'm still lol-ing at the fact that he was meleeing the mole.

I have to wonder why, given that it's the fastest way to kill it.

you have to....use supplies! my personal favorite method is geyser titan+rcbow, specing with dhally when he hits half hp :P all you use is super sets, geyser titan pouches and bolts.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

At one point, I used to get really irritated when people tried to crash me. Hell, I still do, but the fact is, sometimes you just have to (though not in this case). When I decide to duo Bandos, I'll hop to as many worlds as I can and, as a last resort, I'll have to go to a world with someone at a lower level than us. Even then, I will still ask if they're almost finished. When someone crashes me, it really makes me just want to train my stats. It still annoys me when it happens, but I understand that it needs to be done sometimes when it's almost impossible to find a world.

As for what happened to the two of you, I really do think that guy was being a selfish jerk. He could have quite easily hopped and likely found an empty world on the first try. :mellow: So I'm sorry it happened. Just remember, not everyone is like that - but in some situations, we probably have to be.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

What exactly gives you the right to that spot? Your make-believe rules are like a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. The only solid rule in this world is that the strong will defeat the weak. If you don't like getting beaten, get better stats or hop.

Really? Really? Only rule? How about the Golden Rule?

Respect man, respect.

This was taken out of the game after RSC as it withheld 8-year olds from playing the game.

You should read the front-page more often.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a moment, because I for one can see both sides of this argument. First off, I commend you (OP) for trying to be civil about the matter when asking this higher level player to politely consider hopping worlds since you and your friend were there first. However, at the same time, getting upset with this player is uncalled for. Yes, "crashing" is annoying, but then again, the Mole is not solely for one person, is it? If his presence there was that much of a bother, switching worlds takes only a few seconds. I'm not saying him being a higher level entitles him to it, more so that if one party refuses to leave, the other should and be on with their activities. After all, this area is multi-combat for a reason.

I'm level 120, so I get crashed by 130s and such on my Bandos GWD solo's. The snobbish ones think they're all big and badass crashing me; they don't seem to realize how stupid they're making themselves appear to me. The nicer ones I'll happily hop worlds for, when they use words like "please". Matter of fact, one has joined my cc and we duo'd, and a couple even hopped.

The snobs can be the biggest [censored] sometimes, though.

VVeeb.png

matk55555.png

99 Strength 2-21-10

My Ultimate Melee Guide for P2P

[hide=Drops]

Slayer: 2x Leaf-Bladed Sword, 6x Mystic Pieces, 1.7M worth of seeds, 8x Brine Sabres

GWD: 1x BCP, 2x Bandos Boots, 3x Shard duo cs, 1x Zamorakian spear duo cs, 4x Steam Bstaff trio cs

Barrows: 1x Ahrim's Hood, 1x Verac's Helm, 1x Torag's Platebody

Dragon: 2x platelegs, 3x skirt, 1x spear

Obby: 3x cape, 2x shield, 4x maul

Random: 3x rune kite

[/hide]

Weebler makes a good point -- being polite usually does help.

The attempts to justify crashing in this thread are really weak. If you want to be a selfish jerk, that's your choice, but don't pretend you are being anything else.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Weebler makes a good point -- being polite usually does help.

The attempts to justify crashing in this thread are really weak. If you want to be a selfish jerk, that's your choice, but don't pretend you are being anything else.

You're a jerk because you decided to attack a monster that someone has attacked for the past few times? Please - it's not a queue, and neither is there a first-come-first-serve sign. Argue that we have a "weak" argument - you don't even have one. Your pathetic argument about being polite simply doesn't apply in a MMORPG.

Someone has been camping for the past half an hour. Shouldn't he be the one moving? He's already escaped from the hassle of hopping worlds for quite a while. The person who just entered probably has been switching a few worlds already.

Since you think crashing is such a big issue, why not go ask Jagex to put up a queue in front of every monster? Then someone who has been queuing for a longer time will be able to attack the monster and have immunity to crashing. [/sarcasm]

Competition maximizes productivity and efficiency. When a firm (or in this case a player) can't make a normal profit (or in this case get the kills), in the long run that firm (or player) shuts down and relocates to another industry (or in this case a different world or monster).

You should not complain about being crashed by a stronger player in runescape just like pricy bookstores shouldn't complain about being crashed by the more efficient Amazon.com. It's competition: compete or shut down. Yes it sucks for you, but that's your fault for being inefficient.

PS: You can hop just as easily as that player. Sometimes if you can't compete, cut your losses (in terms of time wasted) and hop.

Before quitting I was level 137 and I regularly got crashed while killing different monsters whether it be while slaying or at GWD. Obviously most of the people crashing me were lower levels (because most people are lower than 137) so I wouldn't say people crash because they're higher levels. Personally I dislike crashing people if I can help it, I always try a few worlds before crashing people despite the fact that with maxxed stats and gear I'm unlikely to be second best, however I think you just have to accept that runescape is just a game and if you can't take a bit of competitiion then perhaps you should go and train your farming skill. If nothing else, maybe being forced to leave due to a higher level crasher will inspire you to train harder and max out :)

ichigosig2da4.jpg

You're a jerk because you decided to attack a monster that someone has attacked for the past few times?

If you haven't even made an effort to find another spawn or another world that is empty, then yes, you're a jerk.

It's like any other community: when people behave considerately it encourages others to do the same. When people behave like selfish morons, that encourages others to do the same.

Please - it's not a queue, and neither is there a first-come-first-serve sign. Argue that we have a "weak" argument - you don't even have one. Your pathetic argument about being polite simply doesn't apply in a MMORPG.

It doesn't apply in an MMORPG filled with selfish jerks. I like to strive for better.

The argument is very simple. It's called the Golden Rule. Look it up sometime.

Someone has been camping for the past half an hour.

This of course is a BS argument, because crashers don't hang around for half an hour, and have no idea how long the other person has been there. For all you know, the guy you are crashing might have spent 5 minutes finding a free spot to avoid crashing someone else.

Shouldn't he be the one moving? He's already escaped from the hassle of hopping worlds for quite a while. The person who just entered probably has been switching a few worlds already.

Again, this is BS, unless you want to tell me that crashers sit there for half an hour before crashing.

Since you think crashing is such a big issue, why not go ask Jagex to put up a queue in front of every monster?

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do something.

That's the difference between decent people and asswipes. You decide which you want to be.

signew2.png

Qeltar - you're pathetic. You know you don't have a proper argument so you have to resort to calling people who "crash" asswipers, jerks, etc? T

Launching personal attacks on people makes you a very respectful person. I really have to quote this. It thoroughly beats my last "The Epitome of Hypocrisy".

------------------------------

Respect is about moral obligations. We're not morally obligated to queue up for a MULTI-combat zone or in a Massively MULTIplayer Online Role-Playing Game for that matter, unless there is a rule stipulating a first-come-first-serve basis or something like that. Which there isn't.

Don't do to others what you don't want done to yourself - What about you go tell that to murderers, robbers, thieves, conmen, etc, instead of wasting time lecturing us? They're committing crimes of actual consequence; we're simply wasting a few seconds of your life. Wait - you Americans are the ones pontificating about human rights, trying to abolish death sentences, etc. By your anecdote, the death sentence should stand since murderers should be murdered.

I've been noticing this problem arise more often also. I was at chin spot killing skeleton monkey's and a guy a couple levels lower than me stole my spot and told me to leave. I was very low health so I couldn't so he essentially crashed me at chinning, lol. I also got my rocks stolen at granite mines when there was 2 other spots on the same world open. Those kind of people I don't understand.

Nearly two years ago I got crashed quite a bit while chinning. That's not a new problem :P

wl7w9j.png