When do we get a REAL update?

Lep

Does having a statue in your POH where less than 10 players will view it much less care increase the size of our e-peen? The only reason most of us did Shattered Hearts was in hopes of a glorious reward at the end anyway... with the exception of the few skillers who despised combat for some reason.

Let's face it, these kinds of threads will always produce the same 2 sides: The "I agree with the OP" side and the "If your unhappy don't play" side.

I'm doing shattered heart simply because I enjoy the variety of skills! And I definitely consider myself a skiller, I don't know if that means anything. I want to get the statue just because it's something not a lot of people have! It definitely would be wonderful if there was some sort of bonus to getting the statue.. but I can live without it.

Blakdragon39.png

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I don't agree with some of the recent update styles to this game lately, I still enjoy the game as a whole. Just because I complain about many updates doesn't mean I don't like the game.

I consider myself a lifelong member of RS. I've been with the game since I was in 9th grade (or earlier?) and it has been a somewhat hobby of mine for too long to ever abandon. I don't get the same joy from the game still, and my original friends have all quit (hell, the friends I made since then have also quit, leaving me in a position to make a 3rd wave of friends who I will see quit one by one).

My attitude towards runescape is something that I enjoy watching grow, struggle, suceed, and start the cycle again. I think that Jagex has done a wonderful job building a game that is affordable, fun, creative, and acessible (browser based). The work theyve accomplished in the past is truly great, and the game serves as a testement that no matter how small or simple your idea is, you CAN make it work and you can make it a sucess. I still remember the times when adamantite armor was a display of how godly you were at marching your 2D paper-doll man around the tiny, poorly rendered world.

It's kind of like the Truman Show.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

There is this thing called a server which the game runs on and these people called developers, artists, community support,etc which need to put food on the table. ( Sorry for run-on). That is where your money is going. Don't pay for membership if you don't like the way Jagex is running Runescape. I think they are doing a great job, its you ranters who make every update seem unpleasant and pointless. Not every update has to be extravagant and over the edge. Until you have completed every quest, get 200m xp in each skill, have max cash, and have every item, there is still other content for you to do.

Ummm, after 13m xp in a skill there's no new content. Sure you can continue training but you unlock no new content. Most people have completed every quest, and you cannot get even close to all the items in the game.

UUpdates have sucked lately. Did i say lately, I meant for a while. I've been rather disliking Runescape since MMG took over.

preach

I for once agree, I'm hoping we're due a good quest in the comin weeks, or the new skill before june.

I hate EVERY updated these past few months, except Strykewyrms, Bonus XP and Friend Trading.

Same.

Instead of the question being "where the [bleep] is all of our money going?", maybe it should be "Why am I still paying for and playing a game that I love to complain about?"

Because he still loves the game, he just thinks the updates are not that good, a perfectly reasonable argument. The one your putting up is equivalent to all those people on youtube who say "if you don't like this video, why watch it?"

edit:

Even though I don't agree with some of the recent update styles to this game lately, I still enjoy the game as a whole. Just because I complain about many updates doesn't mean I don't like the game.

I consider myself a lifelong member of RS. I've been with the game since I was in 9th grade (or earlier?) and it has been a somewhat hobby of mine for too long to ever abandon. I don't get the same joy from the game still, and my original friends have all quit (hell, the friends I made since then have also quit, leaving me in a position to make a 3rd wave of friends who I will see quit one by one).

My attitude towards runescape is something that I enjoy watching grow, struggle, suceed, and start the cycle again. I think that Jagex has done a wonderful job building a game that is affordable, fun, creative, and acessible (browser based). The work theyve accomplished in the past is truly great, and the game serves as a testement that no matter how small or simple your idea is, you CAN make it work and you can make it a sucess. I still remember the times when adamantite armor was a display of how godly you were at marching your 2D paper-doll man around the tiny, poorly rendered world.

Exactly. I've been playing since I was around the age of 10 (just before I turned 11) I'm now 19, and know of no reasons to quit. I have hated the current updates, but I still love the game. I'm not sure what I love about it, but it's enchanting.

Edited by Saruman44

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Because he still loves the game, he just thinks the updates are not that good, a perfectly reasonable argument. The one your putting up is equivalent to all those people on youtube who say "if you don't like this video, why watch it?"

LOL that type of argument is so frustrating indeed.

Thats like me saying "Why have a law against people defacating in public? If they dont want to watch me poop on the sidewalk they can just stay home!"

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

There is this thing called a server which the game runs on and these people called developers, artists, community support,etc which need to put food on the table. ( Sorry for run-on). That is where your money is going. Don't pay for membership if you don't like the way Jagex is running Runescape. I think they are doing a great job, its you ranters who make every update seem unpleasant and pointless. Not every update has to be extravagant and over the edge. Until you have completed every quest, get 200m xp in each skill, have max cash, and have every item, there is still other content for you to do.

Ummm, after 13m xp in a skill there's no new content. Sure you can continue training but you unlock no new content. Most people have completed every quest, and you cannot get even close to all the items in the game.

UUpdates have sucked lately. Did i say lately, I meant for a while. I've been rather disliking Runescape since MMG took over.

preach

I for once agree, I'm hoping we're due a good quest in the comin weeks, or the new skill before june.

I hate EVERY updated these past few months, except Strykewyrms, Bonus XP and Friend Trading.

Same.

Instead of the question being "where the [bleep] is all of our money going?", maybe it should be "Why am I still paying for and playing a game that I love to complain about?"

edit:

Exactly. I've been playing since I was around the age of 10 (just before I turned 11) I'm now 19, and know of no reasons to quit. I have hated the current updates, but I still love the game. I'm not sure what I love about it, but it's enchanting.

If you're complaining about a game you love, and yet at the same time you don't know why you love the game, I think that makes your complaints pretty much baseless. Like geekdude mentioned, you're paying for servers, the existing content, and for the time to achieve whatever you haven't achieved. Disregarding it with a "Ummm, after 13m xp in a skill there's no new content."? Perhaps you should achieve that 13mil EXP in every skill first, before talking about "a lack of content".

And I find it hilarious that people are saying how the updates nowadays 'suck'. In terms of comparison, no one has really provided a concrete example of a time where RuneScape has 'better' updates and happier players, You're delusional if you can tell me a month where everyone was happy with the BTS. In fact, almost every BTS starts with people dismissing certain parts of it as bad updates and calling it a wasted month, with more people complaining when the actual update come about, and eventually ending the month with a sigh hoping that the next BTS would be more interesting. (Start reading from the last page of this forum yourself, for goodness sake)

Of course, you could have been referring to the time where everyone up to level 126 was using rune 2-handers and scimitars and one single dragon weapon gets released. Woohoo, historical update. Or Herblore gets added to the game? A common idea that Jagex took advantage of as early as possible. In a time where the game has almost nothing, it's relatively easy to come up with the so-called new content and amazing ideas, and players starved of updates are going to be happy with anything.

The only problem I see so far is the frequency of bugs. Bugs are well....bugs, they're unintentional errors, but eventually removed within 1-2 weeks. Pretty much every MMO out that has to patch their game for hours to release new content and fix bugs from the previous patch in a neverending cycle. I don't see how this equates to 'bad updates'.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Thing is generally those complaining about updates also say they're on the verge of quitting, etc etc. No they're not, it's just some silly scare tactic generally and do you think Jagex cares? Heh, you've guessed it, they don't. :thumbup: It's those that don't appreciate what they're making that scream the loudest, they know that.

Also, it was mentioned previously that there's more and more players ranting now that it's even filling up the Recent Updates thread. Yeah, perhaps, but that's not because there's more and more. That's because Jagex simply don't care for pathetic rants which fill the Rants forum. They have little depth whatsoever with their arguement. If they have a problem with a piece of content, why not head to the Suggestions Forum and input what they think would make it better and stop expecting someone else to, and when someone else does and that's eventually implemented, guess what's going to happen? People will still complain. It's natual. (Albeit not that natural when it's impossible to please one person because there's always going to be some sort of flaw for them)

As someone previously said, also, if you're not happy with the updates, stop playing. They're not going to change the mechanics just for you, or anyone else for that matter unless it has a huge impact on the game. (Many would say "Constitution" has made a huge impact, it hasn't. One extra digit? No biggie.)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Here's my idea. Try finding an example of a month that has amazing updates. RuneScape has the archives of news, so I don't think it'll be that hard. You can even click on 'game updates' to filter off the other stuff.

For example, August 2002 might be your ideal update month.

Sheep herder quest

Hazeel cult quest

Plague City quest

Or perhaps July 2006?

Crossbows (the first failed introduction)

Lunar Diplomacy quest

Pyramid Plunder minigame

Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen

Stronghold of Security

Trouble Brewing minigame

Just seeing the names of those updates alone reminds me vividly of the complaints I saw back then. :???:

Yea, here's your chance to show me the glorious days of old RuneScape. (I'm sure I'm around during that time though) \:D/

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Here's my idea. Try finding an example of a month that has amazing updates. RuneScape has the archives of news, so I don't think it'll be that hard. You can even click on 'game updates' to filter off the other stuff.

For example, August 2002 might be your ideal update month.

Sheep herder quest

Hazeel cult quest

Plague City quest

Or perhaps July 2006?

Crossbows (the first failed introduction)

Lunar Diplomacy quest

Pyramid Plunder minigame

Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen

Stronghold of Security

Trouble Brewing minigame

Just seeing the names of those updates alone reminds me vividly of the complaints I saw back then. :???:

Yea, here's your chance to show me the glorious days of old RuneScape. (I'm sure I'm around during that time though) \:D/

Did you find those months to display actual good months? Or do you think those werent good months? I thought you were saying they were good months, but this sentence:

"Just seeing the names of those updates alone reminds me vividly of the complaints I saw back then. :???: "

confused me.

Myweponsgood.gif

Maybe by "useless" someone means "unenjoyable". If he sees the only "use" of any skill as "recieving enjoyment" then an unenjoyable skill could be useless.

Okay, well, that's a different issue. Maybe that individual could use appropriate words. ;)

Also, to compare it to RC, Fishing, and Agility-- In RC, you run to and from the banks, seeing people converse, fletch, alch, doing other things. Fishing, you might be banking at a bank like Shilo where you see slayers come and go, people alch, etc. Agility, you ARE restricted to an "agility" area just like hunter, but take a moment and consider how popular agility is. It is definitely one of the least trained skills. Also, for both Fishing and Agility, you can at least use the specific areas with no threat from other players. Fishing spots move independently of the number of fishers, and agility courses have no limit. You might be seeing nothing but an agility course, but at least you can see other people training agility.

Not all hunting is done without any interaction at all. I've been doing a ton of it lately for a guide I'm working on and I see people all the time. No, not as much as in some skills, but more than in others.

When considering cooperation versus competition, you're forgetting Woodcutting and Mining and Thieving, for starters. Hunter is actually not very bad in terms of cooperation, except for red chinchompas (the most overrated part of the skill).

Again, I can understand why people might not like it, but it's actually a very nicely designed skill, and now quite useful (it wasn't very good before Summoning).

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Heres a summary of 2005:

Jan 10: In search of the Myreque

Jan 17: Karamja dungeon

Jan 26: Slayer skill

Feb 7: Roving elves (cbow)

Feb 15: Ghosts ahoy (ectophial and ectofuntus)

March 29: Monkey madness (d-scim...so huge in RS history)

April 18: Desert Treasure (ANCIENTS)

May 9: Barrows...

May 31: Keldagrim

July 11: Farming

Aug 1: Waterbirth Island

Aug 23: Blast Furnace

Sep 12: Cook-X, paving the way for "Do-x" in all skills

Sep 19: Tzharr area

Oct 4: Fight caves

Oct 17: Mournings End part 2

Nov 07: DKs

Dec 05: Nardah released, Spirits of the Elid

Dec 12: Champions Challenge + wyverns

This was 5 years ago, and many of the changes that happened in '05 are still at the "top end" or "most used" features in the game today (fire cape? still top dawg. barrows armor? still most useful armor. tzharr area? alive and well. DKs? Still hugely profitable and the rings they drop are the best rings). We got monthly, game-changing updates. 5 years later these updates are still on top of the game.

Oh, and I have left out the fact that nearly every week had an update, and there were tons of random improvements in bank space and things of that nature that were really important additions to the game. But those arent really content related.

EDIT:

Oh, and I just looked. The easter, halloween, and christmas updates all came on the same day as additional game content such as a real, non-holiday quest.

Myweponsgood.gif

Heres a summary of 2005:

This was 5 years ago, and many of the changes that happened in '05 are still at the "top end" or "most used" features in the game today (fire cape? still top dawg. barrows armor? still most useful armor. tzharr area? alive and well. DKs? Still hugely profitable and the rings they drop are the best rings). We got monthly, game-changing updates. 5 years later these updates are still on top of the game.

Oh, and I have left out the fact that nearly every week had an update, and there were tons of random improvements in bank space and things of that nature that were really important additions to the game. But those arent really content related.

EDIT:

Oh, and I just looked. The easter, halloween, and christmas updates all came on the same day as additional game content such as a real, non-holiday quest.

All the come-latelly Jagex appologists need to stare at that.

That was the quality Jagex used to be capable of.

Now they make way more money and have a much bigger staff and heres what the highlights of 2009 are.

Dec 8: Kuradel Dungeon

Dec 3: Temple at Sennistran (new prayers)

Oct 7: Herblore update

Sep 17: Rock Cavern

Sept 9: Forgiveness of a chaos dwarf (Dragon Pick)

Aug 18: MA final form (only mentionable because of rewards)

June 9: Run energy update

Feb 10: Soul Wars

:rolleyes:

First half of 09 was a no show by Jagex.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I really wish there was some way that we could get an understanding of what exactly is going on at Jagex. I hope it is just something bigger than I could ever imagine.

I mean the company has grown, and the game growth has slowed. I dont really understand what could be going on. I just REALLY REALLY hope that the new skill is going to be something huge and amazing. So then, maybe I will feel a little more validated at the "slowing" of updates just because they were focusing all their energy on one super ultra mega update that they dont want to reveal to us.

But if this isn't the case, I want to know what happened to the Jagex philiosophy. This used to be a company of big dreams and inspiring creativity. Fortunately, the "great updates" still are nice, fun, and just as awesome. Its just that they come far less often despite the growth of the company.

Myweponsgood.gif

I don't see why people don't just cancel their subscription and return when they find an update appealing, since obviously complaining about the lack of "high-level" updates isn't going to improve things.

Bit late to the thread but this basically. If you are not happy with the service, don''t pay? Nobody is forcing you really. I can see where the money is going to int multiple updates, it is just narrow minded imo if you cannot see them.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I don't see why people don't just cancel their subscription and return when they find an update appealing, since obviously complaining about the lack of "high-level" updates isn't going to improve things.

Bit late to the thread but this basically. If you are not happy with the service, don''t pay? Nobody is forcing you really. I can see where the money is going to int multiple updates, it is just narrow minded imo if you cannot see them.

I agree with the above.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Surely people must realize Jagex can't release a game changing feature every week?

Agreed, and nor should they even if they could. Alot of people expect new WGS, Dragon Claws, and Godswords every week, but the plain fact is, it would ruin the game if that was the case.

As it is, the game is already getting easier as each update comes into the game. This is a natural process, but imagine if every week was a new WGS, D-Claws, and Godswords. The game would become a streamline from very easy to extremely hard and nothing in-between.

Most people don't like the "filler" material because it doesn't matter to them once they passed it. But frankly without the filler material the game would just be to hard for new people to start, or to easy for people already in it, more-so than it already is. The same concept could be said about the types of updates they produce.

This game is all about personal goals. Either that be a skill goal to 99, goal to solo a boss, or goal to dance as much as you can in GE, its just all goals. If you don't do anything already in the game, and simply feed off new updates, you need to take a step back and see why you are still playing. If the game doesn't excite you, you should do something that excites you, not rant about why things that don't excite you should be made to.

Um, there's only really one point that I don't remember seeing brought up so far on this thread. The more released content there is the harder it is to develop new content. However you feel about the quality of the content Runescape has, I think we can all agree that there's a lot of it. Every single time a new piece of content is created, or an old piece is updated or changed, it has to work with the rest of the existing content without clashing or making other things completely useless. It's a balancing act that grows exponentially with every new piece added to the whole and consists of a multitude of aspects (including, but not limited to, lore, graphical cohesion, programming, etc.). Even small tweaks have to be thought out thoroughly.

That it takes longer and more people to create and implement content geared towards high levels (and, for the sake of brevity, I'm going to speak only to high level content because the thrust of the majority of the complaints surrounding content seems to find its root in a longing for more content geared towards high level players, or complex content that faces similar difficulty in development even if not geared specifically to high level players) is neither surprising nor unexpected really. High level content is some of the most difficult to develop and implement because it usually doesn't just deal with one aspect of the game and can often bring up issues with the balance of the game. Runescape has to pay special attention to this because it has been around for around nine years and plans to be around for another ten (or more) years. An easy example of this is boss monsters that were once nearly impossible to solo are now relatively easy to solo (such as the KQ) because the equipment available to players has changed drastically while the boss monsters have stayed more or less the same; this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I doubt Jagex wants all of its boss monsters and challenging quests and whatnot to become watered down or obsolete (due to other considerations, such as the loot becoming so devalued due to better drops from other creatures,) in a few years time.

The longer Runescape is around, the longer and harder it will be to create and implement new content.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

So if you have been a part of something for a long time, and the service declines, you should just walk away and drop your hobby.

Also look at the list of updates in 2005 (I arbitrarily picked this year):

You cant honestly say we are getting the same quality of gameplay.

Also to the most recent post on this thread:

The longer Runescape is around, the longer and harder it will be to create and implement new content.

I disagree. You are only thinking of the game in its current state, with its current style of update. Currently, when runescape gets updates, they either "top" the old stuff, or they dont. And they tend to render old items "useless" and hurt the economy.

But, all it takes is some creativity. Right now, off the top of my head, I can come up with an idea. What if there is some type of new dungeon that gets released where items and levels of the monsters are scaled to the player who enters the dungeon? The system could also change its rewards based on your combat levels, and also maybe they could make this something you can enter with a group of friends and get rewards from.

That way, players get new things to explore, no matter what their levels are, and we can give players "99 attack" weapons while still creating a new chunk of the game that isn't created explicitly for people with 99 attack.

This is just a random idea I came up with quickly. With some effort, creativity, and determination, I am sure Jagex can find a way to add new useful things to the game that reward people who have 99s, but could also still be fun for the rest of the world.

Myweponsgood.gif

I disagree. You are only thinking of the game in its current state, with its current style of update. Currently, when runescape gets updates, they either "top" the old stuff, or they dont. And they tend to render old items "useless" and hurt the economy.

But, all it takes is some creativity. Right now, off the top of my head, I can come up with an idea. What if there is some type of new dungeon that gets released where items and levels of the monsters are scaled to the player who enters the dungeon? The system could also change its rewards based on your combat levels, and also maybe they could make this something you can enter with a group of friends and get rewards from.

That way, players get new things to explore, no matter what their levels are, and we can give players "99 attack" weapons while still creating a new chunk of the game that isn't created explicitly for people with 99 attack.

This is just a random idea I came up with quickly. With some effort, creativity, and determination, I am sure Jagex can find a way to add new useful things to the game that reward people who have 99s, but could also still be fun for the rest of the world.

I'm not disputing that the style of update could change, nor that creative thinking is a solution to some of the problems development faces. My point is that it becomes more difficult (and thus more time consuming) to create and implement content because the game becomes more complex with every new piece of content that's added. Your example wouldn't necessarily save any development to implementation time because it calls for completely new code, it also has to be tested, lore has to be created to explain why it works the way it does given that it runs counter to the physics of the rest of Runescape; doing things in a completely new way that doesn't follow a set pattern that has already been developed can be just as time consuming an difficult as following the system they already have in place. All new content has to fit in with the rest of the game some how, some way. That's why the longer Runescape exists (and thus adds new content) the harder it's going to be to make and implement new content (or simply update old content) that works with the old content.

Also, while your idea isn't necessarily geared solely towards players with level 99 attack, it still hits the same walls that all high level content hits; it has to reward players without giving them too much or too little. If the dungeon is basically too much a good thing for players with lvl 99 att (loot is excellent, monsters are not too difficult and give excellent exp/hour, etc.) it creates a disincentive to train anywhere else and can devalue the relative value of other monsters in the game (not to mention causing problems with crowding, having too many people training at once, unless the monsters spawn independently for each player; but that still could cause other problems). If the dungeon isn't enough of a good thing for players with high att then they won't use it and it'll be a failure.

Whatever way you slice it, it's just simple and only becomes more complex the longer you want that content to be relevant to players.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

I'm not disputing that the style of update could change, nor that creative thinking is a solution to some of the problems development faces. My point is that it becomes more difficult (and thus more time consuming) to create and implement content because the game becomes more complex with every new piece of content that's added. Your example wouldn't necessarily save any development to implementation time because it calls for completely new code, it also has to be tested, lore has to be created to explain why it works the way it does given that it runs counter to the physics of the rest of Runescape; doing things in a completely new way that doesn't follow a set pattern that has already been developed can be just as time consuming an difficult as following the system they already have in place. All new content has to fit in with the rest of the game some how, some way. That's why the longer Runescape exists (and thus adds new content) the harder it's going to be to make and implement new content (or simply update old content) that works with the old content.

Also, while your idea isn't necessarily geared solely towards players with level 99 attack, it still hits the same walls that all high level content hits; it has to reward players without giving them too much or too little. If the dungeon is basically too much a good thing for players with lvl 99 att (loot is excellent, monsters are not too difficult and give excellent exp/hour, etc.) it creates a disincentive to train anywhere else and can devalue the relative value of other monsters in the game (not to mention causing problems with crowding, having too many people training at once, unless the monsters spawn independently for each player; but that still could cause other problems). If the dungeon isn't enough of a good thing for players with high att then they won't use it and it'll be a failure.

Whatever way you slice it, it's just simple and only becomes more complex the longer you want that content to be relevant to players.

What I meant in my suggestion is not just one dungeon that will be new, but a style that will be new. They would have to come up with ideas for the first dungeon, and write the code for more of them. They could keep introducing new armor that boosts levels by more and more, so then people arent restricted by the level 99 cap and can keep getting harder dungeons provided they have some equipment.

Some of this equipment could be specific to the "dungeon" system that they invent. Obviously there would be a lot of balancing to consider.

But the main idea I was getting at is that they don't need to keep finding tricky ways to balance old things vs. new things if they just put some work in and make a bit of an overhaul to the way the game works. Maybe the Constitution change is a hat-tip towards working around the strange ways that RS levels work, and the fact that you have only 99 of them, 13 million experience across 99 levels, with half of the exp being past 92. That system honestly I feel is kind of restricting them from adding a lot of newer things, while still trying to worry about it being too close the the skill level cap.

If we had like 200-300 levels to gain in runescape across the 13 mil exp, I think the game could be updated a lot smoother, and the "level requirements" would be a lot easier to determine.

I mean honestly. The highest armor is level 70. This takes like 700k exp to achieve. And the difference between 93 and 94 is also 700k exp. How do we want rewards to work in runescape? While the average player stats were still well below 90, we were getting a decent pace of rewards for our training. But now in the 90s, we get no rewards for gaining the same ammount of exp that we gained from 1 to 70. 1-70 we get acess to tons of armor upgrades. 90-99 we do 9 times the work and get no rewards and get limited combat efectiveness increased. Its hard to say what the best course of action is.

Myweponsgood.gif

So if you have been a part of something for a long time, and the service declines, you should just walk away and drop your hobby.

...yeah, pretty much since apparently the game is unbearable w/o a high-level update.

77yLQy8.png

...yeah, pretty much since apparently the game is unbearable w/o a high-level update.

First of all, most people arent saying the Runescape is unplayable without updates. But it definitely is a big piece of the puzzle for many people.

Secondly, why? If someone has played the game for a long time, and only recently started to notice that its been a good year or two now where the upgrades have started to go downhill, why should that person leave the game, instead of rallying community support to get the game back to its former glory?

I also dont understand why there is always such a conflict about this. There are people who love updates, and people who just take whatever updates they get, not really caring. If there is a lack of updates, the first group is unhappy with the game, and the second group is satisfied. If there are people who feel there should be more updates...why not? Is it going to hurt the anti-update people if more updates start coming out? No, you can just ignore the updates and play your old content that you are satisfied with. Then, people who thrive off new content also get what they want.

So why do we argue about this every time an update is recieved poorly? What are you guys afraid of? That Jagex will release better updates? I just dont get it. It sounds to me like the opposing side of this argument is being whiney little brats "omg what SPAM! eww, I have to read other peoples OPINIONS more?? jesus! life is gonna end!"

Myweponsgood.gif

I'll insert some comparable 2009 updates (supposedly the worst of all years?) for the ones you mentioned. Your list is not exhaustive, and neither is mine.

Jan 10: In search of the Myreque Glorious Memories

Jan 17: Karamja dungeon Kuradal's Dungeon

Feb 7: Roving elves (cbow) Magic damage boost + new surge spells

Feb 15: Ghosts ahoy (ectophial and ectofuntus) Run energy upgrade, High level Agility course

March 29: Monkey madness (d-scim...so huge in RS history) Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf (D pick, best mining tool, but somehow people don't see it as epic)

April 18: Desert Treasure (ANCIENTS) The Temple at Senntisten (CURSES)

May 9: Barrows... High-level Herblore Potions

May 31: Keldagrim Fremennik Province Achievement Diary (Keldagrim was dead 2 weeks after its release, until the revival in 2009)

Aug 23: Blast Furnace Soul Wars

Sep 12: Cook-X, paving the way for "Do-x" in all skills Route-finding Update, Deposit-all feature and more

Sep 19: Tzharr area Seers' Village + Ardougne Achievement Diary

Oct 4: Fight caves Nomad’s Requiem

Oct 17: Mournings End part 2 The Chosen Commander

Nov 07: DKs Mobilising Armies

Dec 05: Nardah released, Spirits of the Elid Fur 'n' Seek

Dec 12: Champions Challenge + wyverns Poison Arrow Pub and Aquanite

I try to match as accurately as possible based on my perception, a poor minigame for another poor minigame (though soul wars has more people playing), high level skill addition with such (Ancients VS curses), best item VS best item (D-scimmy VS D-Pick), convenience update (X-activity VS bank all buttons, no more jerky movement), areas VS area diaries (diaries were in fact, better reward than a dead keldagrim at that time), quest of a decent plotline VS a similar quest of another plotline...you get the drift.

Obviously, nothing can substitute new skills, and release of the best item at that time unless a new 'best' was released, or a new area release (even if the area ends up being pretty desert). And again, a lot of updates you listed weren't popular back then as well. You left out tons of low level quests such as The Golem, Troll Romance (OMG low level quest with no new training area?!), 'wonderful' new activities such as Rogues Den (best spot to train cooking), graphical update notice that Jagex don't even put on the headlines nowadays.....

The only difference being that people are more vocal nowadays, both on the RSOF and tip.it.

---------------------

And to your idea of the expansion of equipment beyond level 99, yes, of course that could work. Why is why I suspect that the constitution change was in part due to this. Equipment that permanently increases your HP capacity so that you don't just drink sara brews to heal beyond 99 HP.

So for me, my stats will display my Constitution as 99/99. My equipment page would have a new stats displaying constitution + 2010 (500 from shield, 610 from chestplate, 500 from leg armour, 400 from helm), my HP orb would show 990/3000. I start swallowing sharks and rockfish to get it to 3000/3000, sara brewing to 3170/3000, and go venturing into the dungeon that you speak of and defeat the level 2376 Sandwich Grandma with max hit 2500 and 20 million HP.

Yet, I've also mentioned that RuneScape is unlike other games that focus on endgame content in that you don't have a good proportion of players who can access this feature. And of course, with the 80s equipment getting added THIS YEAR, I doubt Jagex wants to shortchange the excitment the new equipment would bring with another update for 99+ levels until another year or so.

Zepheras.png

-F1775