12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Dungeoneering Skill!

"As my foot touched the first icy cobblestone, a sense of dread flowed through my already shivering limbs. I could feel a presence, powerful and malevolent, hidden in the darkness before me. Cautiously, I rounded the corner, and was hit by a blast of hot, sulphur-smelling air. There was a sound of gristle and cracking bone that turned my stomach. Then my eyes adjusted and I saw it: a hulking demon, sitting before a blood-spattered stone door and feasting on the bodies of my fallen brothers. It was in that moment, as I raised my axe and prepared to charge for vengeance or death, that I gave the place the name it now bears...the Dungeons of Daemonheim."

Its out! The new skill is here and its available on free-to-play! Youll receive all the equipment you need to train the skill when you arrive, so catch a boat to Daemonheim from behind the Al Kharid bank to start your new adventures!

Within each dungeon, the adventuring party is asked to solve puzzles and fight monsters, while using their skills to overcome the fiendish challenges that stand in their way. Use your skills to equip your party members, search for loot and keys and explore the floor until you find the epic boss monster at the end.

The environment contains hundreds of new objects, NPCs, rooms and locations covering an area more than 60 times the size of Falador more than any single update ever has!

After adventuring (with a group of up to 4 other players), youll be able to access a wealth of new skill upgrades and reward items, including new weapons and armour for both the free and members game.

If you have any questions, please use the dedicated forums (Adventuring Parties, Dungeoneering Feedback and Dungeoneering Help) and read the associated KB articles.

Mod Mark

Lead Designer RuneScape

Mod Trick, Mod Liono, Mod Chris L and Mod Benny

Principal Dungeoneering Developers

In other news...

The 2010 Easter event has been removed with this update.

We've added a button left of the minimap which you can toggle to show the total XP you have gained during your login session. After your feedback of this feature from the Bonus XP Weekend, this XP counter is here to stay!

Patch notes

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Miscellaneous

* Adjusted a large portion of the code dealing with books you can read within the game.

* Fixed a problem with the recent changes to the mjolnirs and getting them back.

* The pet squirrel no longer shakes when it's standing still.

* Corrected a problem with the Bull Rush special move (minotaur familiars) against players and NPCs.

* Corrected the number of free quests on the login screen.

* Reduced the price/shop stock restrictions on the following items: bananas, apple pies, redberries, cooked and raw karambwan, lobsters and oranges.

* We are increasing the chance of receiving a blood talisman from the Columbarium. Heres a reminder of how to use this:

o To get Columbarium keys, take the boat from the south of Burgh de Rott to Meiyerditch. In Meiyerditch, you will encounter vyrewatch who you can kill in order to obtain a vyre corpse (use an Invandis flail to kill the vyrewatch; a Guthix balance potion may also help).

o When you have your vyre corpse, take it to the Columbarium along with some pyre logs (which you can make in Mortton). To get to the Columbarium, return to the Salve temple under Paterdomus (the room with the statues around a well). In the northern wall is an entrance to the Columbarium.

o Inside the Columbarium are some funeral pyre stations where you should first place the pyre logs, then the vyre remains, then light it with a tinderbox this will cause a Columbarium key to appear on the pedestal.

o Use this Columbarium key on a wooden recess, then open the wooden recess to claim your reward.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhm... Is this a late april fools joke?

Really, it's SILLY! - "dungeoneering"

It's completely out of touch with anything else from runescape..

EDIT: am I the only 1 who can't log in now?

Runescape won't "update" itself anymore!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Cant..log..in, who will be the first to get 99?

Epic race begins now! <_<

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

First I was like "Are you serious? This is it?..."

I looked through the knowledge base and was like "Hoooooooooooooooooly crappppppppppp, thats epic!"

*Wants to go home and try it*

uhm... Is this a late april fools joke?

Really, it's SILLY! - "dungeoneering"

It's completely out of touch with anything else from runescape..

come on, it's not even in the game yet

I know, but reading the KDB I foresee it's really something you do or "don't" - Only 1 location to train (completely seperated from the rest of gielnor), and secondly all rewards seem really "untradable" type rewards. Futhermore the skill only "uses" high levels from other skills.. It doesn't really help other skills (other than by items, but guess what: the limit in bank is problematic for a multi-tasker). - Also notice the stats on the chaotic longsword:

+120 stab/slash, + 120 strength! - Making the whip, or even better: the zamorak spear useless (even though it's smaller, doubling the strength is a lot)?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Looking forward to this, skill sounds pretty good - rewards look interesting, haven't quite compared them to other stats of items yet but from the looks of things they should add a nice bonus to the game.

Good luck to everyone training this! Enjoy it. :)

Edit :- Skillcape looks interesting, quite like the Slayer one though?

skillcapeg.png