12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

I've talked to a few other people and apparently it can be done by yourself, and done decently well, so yes I was wrong. I can admit I was wrong. I'm not the pessimist everyone makes me out to be.

However, the same people are also telling me that like Qeltar said, it feels like a minigame more than a skill. And when Jagex said they were doing something that had never been done in another game what were they talking about? From everything I can tell this is nothing new... :unsure:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it deffo feels more game than skill.

I mean it has rewards and none of ur actions actually gain xp in it, only completing a dungeon.

Jagex's claim is being misread however. They claimed it has never been done AS A SKILL not never done at all.

I hope overtime we see this "skill" get integrated into the game more, via other training options etc.

Perhaps new dungeons, or even existing ones will require this skill to in combo with others to unlock deeper areas?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've talked to a few other people and apparently it can be done by yourself, and done decently well, so yes I was wrong. I can admit I was wrong. I'm not the pessimist everyone makes me out to be.

However, the same people are also telling me that like Qeltar said, it feels like a minigame more than a skill. And when Jagex said they were doing something that had never been done in another game what were they talking about? From everything I can tell this is nothing new... :unsure:

Hey good for you, I thought you were stubborn.

Also I think Jagex may have accidently greated nerfed f2p mage once again. If the KB is right then you can have a +110 range attack maple longbow. Mages will get slaughtered this way.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Also I think Jagex may have accidently greated nerfed f2p mage once again. If the KB is right then you can have a +110 range attack maple longbow. Mages will get slaughtered this way.

Yeah but that requires 45k tokens to buy and at the lower lvl dungeons u get like 5 tokens a go, plus f2p having lower lvls anyway. AND it only goes on longbows, which are bloody slow and annoying compared to shortbows. So I doubt its gonna gain hgue usage

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah but that requires 45k tokens to buy and at the lower lvl dungeons u get like 5 tokens a go, plus f2p having lower lvls anyway. AND it only goes on longbows, which are bloody slow and annoying compared to shortbows. So I doubt its gonna gain hgue usage

Don't underestimate the power of +110 range attack. Also there are plenty of f2p players with extremely high levels, or members who may play in f2p(like me).

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Don't underestimate the power of +110 range attack. Also there are plenty of f2p players with extremely high levels, or members who may play in f2p(like me).

Yes its strong, but strength is only good if u get the hits in.

With it being a longbow time between hits will give mages plenty of time to heal etc.

Plus if ur a member and waste 45k tokens to get a f2p reward fool you! If i was buying tht long sight I'd deffo put it on a mage bow or just not buy it and get some of the epic bows and swords etc u can get as a member

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I wonder when Tip.It will be doing research on this new skill. Ugh! Played for a while but found it particularly tough with my low Smithing. Will try again later. That "Bonecrusher" reward seems very useful for lower leveled player but a mind-bending 110k points for it seems over-priced (just like most rewards available).

bananaontop-1.gif

Revelacion.png

Having a hard time staying interested in this, to be honest. Maybe it's just because it's the lower levels, like any skill.

But right now this strikes me as something I'll do just to get a few specific "above ground" rewards -- again, just like a minigame.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

AMAGAD GUISE CHECK OUT SUMMONING TAB.

K now this skill is pro someone get 99 quick.

Check out the slayer tab lol, +690 strength dagger, +110 necklace that deals 20 damage AOE every 10 secs and heal you for half the amount.

@Paw, the +110 is the range attack bonus, which means is extremely accurate. Also for some people, clanning is everything, I am sure the serious clanners will have this as a goal.

@Qeltar, yes I kind of agree, but hey the point of playing a game is to have fun, does it really matter what is it called?

11-1.jpg[

Lol, after reading the KB, I can safely say that Gravite weapons are utterly pointless. Worse stats than dragon, and they cost 1 milliom gp to repair after 10 hours of combat. Seriously, who is going to use these in combat?

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

I woke up this morning... went to sell a few things on GE before work... and was like OMFG NEW SKILL.

played a couple levels.

Did you know that F2P is able to craft deaths, nats, and laws in this new miniskill?

Runecrafting is crazy slow tho- you can only do 1 at a time.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Lol, after reading the KB, I can safely say that Gravite weapons are utterly pointless. Worse stats than dragon, and they cost 1 milliom gp to repair after 10 hours of combat. Seriously, who is going to use these in combat?

F2p Pkers/clanners as a ko/snipe weapon.

11-1.jpg[

They are f2p and cost less in the long run than corrupt dragon items.

So I'd safely say a fair few rich f2pers will use em

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Dude! i nearly nailed this one. i am not a huge fan of continually posting my ideas partially due to the fact that I wasn't done with it, but i did post it a few time. that being said my skill was nearly the same concept.

i know we do not like links here but i am posting from my phone so the best i can do.

www.freewebs.com/exploreskill

obviouskly Jagex stole my idea :

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Why does everyone want to make me out to be some bitter, unhappy malcontent? I'm not. I simply take nothing for granted.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Huh...this seems...cool? I have classes in a bit but ill take a look at it now.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Just got on and yet to try out the new skill, but like many mentioned, this feels more like an activity than a skill....way too many restriction.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

It doesn't matter that they called it a skill instead of a minigame.

It does matter that we waited over two years for a new skill and instead got a minigame.

And I'm sure many people will find it fun, but so far it really feels sterile to me, and the complete and utter isolation from the rest of the game is not enjoyable.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Why does everyone want to make me out to be some bitter, unhappy malcontent? I'm not. I simply take nothing for granted.

Next time you look to complain about something, hold your fingers back. Or give a "compliment sandwich" - A good thing about Jagex, the thing you actually don't like, and another good thing.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪