12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

I really like the new skill, but i feel it is too much like a minigame. It feels now in a way, than rather levelling a skill for the new items you can harvest/use/make etc at higher levels, you are gaining levels so you can unlock more in dungeoneering. It feels as if runescape is in a way 2 games in one: runescape + dungeoneering. That said though i love the new skill! :)

96290504.pngsilasinth.png

99/99 Hunter

73/80 Smithing

74/80 Agility

71/75 Slayer

69/70 Summoning

~Silasinth~

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude! i nearly nailed this one. i am not a huge fan of continually posting my ideas partially due to the fact that I wasn't done with it, but i did post it a few time. that being said my skill was nearly the same concept.

i know we do not like links here but i am posting from my phone so the best i can do.

www.freewebs.com/exploreskill

obviouskly Jagex stole my idea :

Your idea was nowhere in the same country as the Dungeoneering skill.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The rewards looks situational to be honest. There are some nice little items here and there like bonecrusher and the poison totem. But the weapons/shields seems way too expensive for their use. 200k cost per hour? I only see dedicate boss hunters/pkers/CWAers use those items. The items such as blood necklace and the flameburst/hailstorm combinations looks interesting. Why not incorporate those into normal gameplay?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Next time you look to complain about something, hold your fingers back. Or give a "compliment sandwich" - A good thing about Jagex, the thing you actually don't like, and another good thing.

Its a forum - meant for opinions. If the guy doesnt like an update, they are entitled to express that. I dont think a "compliment sandwich" is necessary at all in this instance.

Remember Summoning 2?

I guess I'll wait for Dungeoneering 2.

Welcome to the Dungeoneering 1 beta test!

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Next time you look to complain about something, hold your fingers back. Or give a "compliment sandwich" - A good thing about Jagex, the thing you actually don't like, and another good thing.

Its a forum - meant for opinions. If the guy doesnt like an update, they are entitled to express that. I dont think a "compliment sandwich" is necessary at all in this instance.

Can I get one of those little cakes with my sandwich?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Can I get one of those little cakes with my sandwich?

Like a ding-dong? *fishes around in cupboard* Nope... I'm all out.

Just wondering... how quickly do you level this skill? Anyone have an idea of max xp / hour?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

* Corrected a problem with the Bull Rush special move (minotaur familiars) against players and NPCs.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

and a new lame skill but * Corrected a problem with the Bull Rush special move (minotaur familiars) against players and NPCs.

new level cap is 120...

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Tried it for a bit, got to level 6, got bored and logged out. As someone said earlier, feels like one of those skills where you're either stuck with a bunch of newbies or have to do some heavy scheduling with your friends. No fun, I'm the type to log out the second I get distraught, not feeling like focusing for long times like that :(

Level 30 and Tears of Guthix here I come? :$

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

To bind an item, right-click on it in your inventory and select 'Bind'. At level 1 Dungeoneering, you can bind one item in this way per dungeon; at level 50 Dungeoneering you can bind two items; at level 100 you can bind three items; and at level 120 you can bind four items. Once bound, an item will remain bound forever, until you right-click and 'Destroy' the item, or sell it to the smuggler.

The [bleep] is this [cabbage]?

How the [bleep] do you defeat the gluttonous behemoth? He keeps healing to full health...

get 1 person standing on each side of the behemoth: he can't get to the food that way.. (and once eating, will even attack only occasionally)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Just wondering... how quickly do you level this skill? Anyone have an idea of max xp / hour?

I'm guessing it's probably the slowest skill...

After completing one dungeon my Dungeoneering level only rose up to 2... and that took like 5 minutes. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Me: "gonna do herb run and collect mtk resources."

*play runescape* *existing user*

Me: "woah, woah, backtrack a little." Reads news.

Me: :mellow: :blink: :shock: :mrgreen:

Gonna go test it now. :thumbup:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

After completing one dungeon my Dungeoneering level only rose up to 2... and that took like 5 minutes. <_<

Same here, wondering how long it stays like that (thinks of runecrafting).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Same here, wondering how long it stays like that (thinks of runecrafting).

I did 4 or 5 dungeons in about 20 minutes (Might have been longer) and only just got to level 5. The exp rate might rise for higher floors though.

weiyao5.png

Well seems to me eachcompleted dungeon (when increasing) also exactly increases the amount of xp you recieve for that lvl (each dungeon untill dungeon lv 5 I gained 1 level exactly)...

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.