12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little confused. I'm only level 4 dungeoneering atm, but I have a question. If I go up to like 80 dungeoneering, am I going to be running dungeons that are much more difficult? Or what..

In other words, how will the training of this skill change as I level. I know the answer is probably in the manual, but I am really confused by all the loads of terminology.

You CAN run the lower level dungeons over and over again, but as you level up and complete more floors you will have access to more difficult dungeons to raid. So yes as you level up the difficulty can be harder if you choose to raid the hard floors.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I think what kind of gets to me is

1) I don't see two years of work in this. Sorry, but I just don't.

2) It incorporates every other skill, but is a skill exclusive to itself. You can only train it in one place and only one way.

3) Like mentioned above, it's repetitive due to lack of training options. Even Summoning let you get some exp for summoning a pouch or making a scroll even if the main exp was from making Pouches. The problem with this is their is no other ways to train. Everything else, except Summoning, is seething with variety (hunting, mining, smithing, etc) this isn't.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

If this is a new skill, then why am I smithing, woodcutting, mining, crafting, doing herblore etc.? I can understand using combat in a different skill such a slayer but why would I want to do other non-combat skills while doing a... well, non-combat skill.

It's not a new skill, it's just a bunch of other skills combined with a raiding minigame.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

any idea how to solve the statues puzzle ?

You carve weapons out of stones that can be mined somewhere in the room. You need a hammer and a chisel. Make the weapon that beats the opposite one in hte combat triangle, then try to open a door. if they move and say "you pass", you've passed. =)

Best. Skill. Ever. Hands down.

Let´s you train every skill at the same place and is fun and enjoyable. Also, playing alone and starting from scrap feels awesome, when you must hunt for equipment and use your skills. Music is amazing and boss battles epic. I salute Jagex. :thumbsup:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

hanjuldoor.jpg

Looks like Hangul (한글) script on the door to me. Is it just jibberish, or do those characters actually say something?

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Initial Observations of our new skill WOW-oneering.

One, stop complaining!

You knuckle draggers cryed and whined about how their wasn't group play or group think or other stupid crap that is in other MMOs.

So, here it is and ITS ON MY SKILL TABLE. :wall:

Enjoy it, this week is your's.

Next week, I hope for something better.

Two, every skill is involved except one.

Yes thats right, every skill including farming.

I mean come on farming in a dungeon????

But, hey don't worry about training agility cause thats the skill that doesn't count.

No ledges around pits to traverse, no obstacles to dodge.

Hey its a dungeon, I mean your supposed to fish and farm in a dungeon, right?

Three, chaos weapon reqs blow.

I mean why the hell do I have to get 80 wow-neering to compete in PVP when they took my 95 herblore out.

Seriously, remove them from PVP or put back overloads.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The learning curve on what to keep and what to drop is a [bleep] and slows things down considerably.

You do know that you can examine an item and see what tier it is? Higher tier = higher quality.

Torlen.png

2) It incorporates every other skill, but is a skill exclusive to itself. You can only train it in one place and only one way.

3) Like mentioned above, it's repetitive due to lack of training options. Even Summoning let you get some exp for summoning a pouch or making a scroll even if the main exp was from making Pouches. The problem with this is their is no other ways to train. Everything else, except Summoning, is seething with variety (hunting, mining, smithing, etc) this isn't.

As much as you may dislike the skill, I do not think there is any denying in how much work Jagex has put in this.

Second of all why is the lack of training option a problem? There are different ways you can do it, you can rush them or attempt to get every bonus multipliers, whichever you like.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Wow, didn't expect the new skill this early.

By the way, anyone else like how the dungeon armor looks better than a lot of the regular armor, and yet it is all dungeon exclusive? Also, there are tons of resources that are exclusive to this dungeon. It seems a bit pointless if you ask me.

And the new weapons and shields need to be charged for 2 million gp. Good GOD, what is it with Jagex and making all of this new stuff degradable / rechargeable lately? How about just give us some actual gear instead of making it a bait to lure us back to this place?

I think this skill will be a complete failure unless they release more dungeons besides this one. It's more like a minigame at the moment.

As someone observed on another forum, this isn't a skill: it's an F2P marketing tool.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

So far it's pretty good. I went for a game with a group from TET and we had a good time. The level 4 complication thing (the word totally eludes me) was really quite hard but it was exciting. We killed the boss 30 seconds before the system update :D

It doesn't really seem like something you can grind, which is hugely good.

My only qualm so far is that it's quite difficult to tell what's a good item or not without examining it. Putting the level in the name would be nice, but I think once we're used to the names they'll be as common for us as Bronze to Barrows.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

So if we are only playing the "tip of the iceberg" with the highest person being level 30, do you guys think it is fair to be judging the skill so early? I mean, it would be like judging summoning when you only had acess to the level 30 and below familiars (which suck for high levels).

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

As much as you may dislike the skill, I do not think there is any deny in how much work Jagex has put in this.

Second of all why is the lack of training option a problem? There are different ways you can do it, you can rush them or attempt to get every bonus multipliers, whichever you like.

I can't imagine all the time wasted to re-create a non-tradeable version of almost every single item in the game just to prevent 'imbalance', to be honest. Not to mention, raiding-like features of WoW is the endgame for every player, yet for this skill you're working your [wagon] off for what, level 80 gear and a few extra total levels? An oppotunity that could create a long lasting endgame content in RuneScape, wasted.

So if we are only playing the "tip of the iceberg" with the highest person being level 30, do you guys think it is fair to be judging the skill so early? I mean, it would be like judging summoning when you only had acess to the level 30 and below familiars (which suck for high levels).

I think I'm well aware of what the later parts of the dungeon entail. Harder monsters, better armour, food, potion....you can find the list in the Knowledge base. Even the rewards have been revealed.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I can't imagine all the time wasted to re-create a non-tradeable version of almost every single item in the game just to prevent 'imbalance', to be honest. Not to mention, raiding-like features of WoW is the endgame for every player, yet for this skill you're working your [wagon] off for what, level 80 gear and a few extra total levels? An oppotunity that could create a long lasting endgame content in RuneScape, wasted.

Nay, you are assuming that this is it. This is the time when players should go on RSOF and suggest changes and ask questions. There are plenty of Jmods are at the forum at new releases and this is no exception.

11-1.jpg[

I think I'm well aware of what the later parts of the dungeon entail. Harder monsters, better armour, food, potion....you can find the list in the Knowledge base. Even the rewards have been revealed.

So you don't think it could actually be fun when the dungeon poses a real challenge to you and your friends?

Oh thats right, its Runescape. We dont play skills to have fun. We do it to sit in a bank and grind away, seeing who can do it the longest.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

in my opinion its fun, but I think they added the nice rewards as motivation to grind high levels :???:

And by the way how the hell do we reset the floors, I know the option is in party interface but it doesnt allow me to press it because im in the dungeon

s0ldi3r6.png

I really wish they would include reduced stat versions of all the armor to release into the real world, this was a prime opportunity to update combat across the board but they passed it up.

Either way, the skill is more fun than the rest of the game.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley