12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interested about experience at higher levels and tokens per hour. Some of those scrolls are dieing to get my name written on them. As do some other items.. But to grind away each dungeon.. Mmm Perhaps with a team of 5 ;) I'll manage. Got to 17 earlier today, haven't played since. Won't get much time this week but that's ok. People can find stuff out for me first. Going to level this skill to 30 at minimum. Kind of like it :D Perhaps that I caught it first <3

Anyway, good luck on your dungeoneering. (yes, that is RS language for the WoW version of RAIDING!)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Nuh-uh. I said the same thing 29 times then said the name is dumb 1 time, so :P

Also that name is so stupid that by comparison DenUsynlige is somewhat discernable. ;)

Heeeey noooow. Dont drag me into this with your fancy dictionary. :P

( have no idea what discernable is btw and no dictionary I could find explained it without using other ridiculous words.)

Also that name is so stupid that by comparison DenUsynlige is somewhat discernable. ;)

( have no idea what discernable is btw and no dictionary I could find explained it without using other ridiculous words.)

She is defending her point while secretly making fun of your name.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

How do you make weapons for the statues?

Get any pickaxe, find the hole in the wall, pick up the chisel, Use Chisel --> Stone Block, then craft it for the statue without the weapon. (I.E Sword for Warrior)

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Edit: Moral of the story --

Please be nice to other forumers - Jimmy_Jim

Stop pasting idiotic images of birds and try actually thinking about things, and you'll realize that with the prices Jagex has set on these items, they are going to take insane amounts of time and effort to acquire. This skill already does not appear to be particularly fast, and all of the rewards require very large amounts of XP.

Plus, once you use up your tokens, that's it -- you get no other benefit from this skill at all. I bet you also can't trade them back, so you could spend 100 hours to get a shield and then you're stuck with it -- want a different shield? That'll be another 100 hours, please.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Does anyone else read the falador tavern? If not, I suggest you take a look at it IMMEDIATELY and search for a particular thread that MIGHT JUST RING A BELL with 800 pages and a creation date of 2009...

THE IRONY! IT BURNS!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Edit: Moral of the story --

The "moral of the story" is that you're a fool. Stop pasting idiotic images of birds and try actually thinking about things, and you'll realize that with the prices Jagex has set on these items, they are going to take insane amounts of time and effort to acquire. This skill already does not appear to be particularly fast, and all of the rewards require very large amounts of XP.

Plus, once you use up your tokens, that's it -- you get no other benefit from this skill at all. I bet you also can't trade them back, so you could spend 100 hours to get a shield and then you're stuck with it -- want a different shield? That'll be another 100 hours, please.

Awesome. I've never had someone tell me I was a fool, only to then go about making foolish comments. You're my first, Qeltar.

I'll quote you.

This skill already does not appear to be particularly fast

appear

appear

appear

Really now? I find it extremely difficult to believe that the skill is taking a while to train. Surely, going at 4 exp/bone at level 1 prayer is also fairly slow. We should have an argument as to why prayer is too slow.

I'm going to assume (foolishly, to no extent), that you know the exp rates past level 50, assuming that you're ranked number 1 and have a clear understanding of how you level up/buy items.

try actually thinking about things

Alright. So, let's see: we're all low leveled, so it's taking a while to level up and gain tokens; Exp rates suck, I have like 10 tokens, and the weapon I want is ridiculously expensive. Now, taking that, I'm going to make the not-so-rash and purely logical assumption that it'll take me 80k+ hours to get the level I need to buy my rape weapon. Also, I'll assume that the EXP rates/level is purely horizontal and that EXP rates never increase. Ever.

so you could spend 100 hours to get a shield

could

could

lolwutnow?

The "moral of the story" is that haters gonna hate
guido_49.png

I fail to see the point? You think Jagex come to Falador Tavern? You think they haven't had this skill planned for a BIT longer than mid 2009? :rolleyes:

Considering first rumours of new skill and first QA, clan chat and forum confirmations of a new skill appeared summer 09 and mentioned it was intended for summer but was "postponed" til end of 09 to make it better. Coupled with the fact we have dev blogs interviews etc that clearly shows skills take years to make. Racheya has a epic win point.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Discernable basically means any methods available to figure it out. Since I don't speak French, French words would not be discernable to me. And I can't figure out what your name means.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I was going to try this update out, and come out of retirement for like a half an hour, but when I logged in I had no idea where to go or what to do so I signed off. Looks like a great update, something RS has needed for sometime now.

tFtfA.jpg

Steve, do you pay attention to the Falador Tavern? There seems to be an abundance of irony there at the moment.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Steve, do you pay attention to the Falador Tavern? There seems to be an abundance of irony there at the moment.

I pop in every once in a while to make sure everything is running smoothly. I'll check it out though. If you ever run into problems there feel free to PM me. :)

edit: ha it didn't even click to me that you guys had your dungeoneering game. That made me laugh.

tFtfA.jpg

When I first logged in, the new skill was the last thing I expected to see - but wow. I am still gob-smacked from the second I seen the word Dungeoneering. Its so dynamic and something RuneScape has never seen before, I think it's excellent. It looks very difficult to level up but I can't wait to play during the Summer after exams to get this up to level 80 to match up with the rest of my stats. :)

Does anyone know if the Floor levels are randomly generated like Stealing Creation? For example, does Floor 1 have a fixed map, or is it a new puzzle every time?

Looking forward to playing tomorrow, I am level 7 at the moment and I am loving what I am seeing so far, the rewards look completely out of this world, totally immense. It's so new to the game and I can't get over how much I adore it!

Going to note down all my playings and item find to help out the Crew and their new mission to prefect the website to correspond everything that was added. I encourage everyone to help out too, no better feeling then knowing your contribution will help so many others. <3:

It takes so long for me to solo a floor. I can only do one at a time before I get burnt out. I'll have to get some of my friends to duo or trio with me, because soloing is just too mentally exhausting.

I'm having fun though, for sure. I just wish that the ingame skill guides gave you the number of items you need to make certain items (EG: The dungeoneering summoning guide tells you that you need a type of leather to make such-and-such pouch, but it doesn't mention that you need TWO of those leathers. Gave me a couple headaches).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.