12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every skill is linked in some way or another.. like herblore makes potions for boss hunting, smithing makes weapons, mining gets the ores for bars for smithing etc...

how does dungeoneering link to the other skills? I understand the other skills link to dungeoneering but how does it link to them?

How does hunter link into any other skills :P

Lord_Beloved.png

Every skill is linked in some way or another.. like herblore makes potions for boss hunting, smithing makes weapons, mining gets the ores for bars for smithing etc...

how does dungeoneering link to the other skills? I understand the other skills link to dungeoneering but how does it link to them?

A lot of the rewards greatly help other skills. The new mage ammy gives +15% mage damage bonus, which is amazing. I only hope this stacks with current staffs and slayer gear. You can also get bags that store coal/gems and scrolls that help with farming.

Also, read mod MMG's quote. There's going to be more additions to this skill, like summoning batch 2, so expect more rewards.

guido_49.png

Ranged: Chinchompas. Dragon Arrows.

Herblore: I think so.

Too lazy to write out the rest...Hunter's a horrible skill anyways.

Stellactic.gif

Chinchompas for ranged, grenwall spikes for herblore, salamanders for combat, hunter xbow for range, barb-tailed harpoon for fishing, several summoning secondaries, dragon arrows/darts...I'm sure that I missed a few.

This "skill" is really quite fun from my extremely limited experience, but I seriously dislike it being a skill...this has all the makings of a roided up stealing creation. I also seriously dislike the bit with levels being tied to dungeons instead of xp and that whole lvl 120 mess...but then again, I fear change.

Also I would be willing to bet that the floodgates will bust open from all the whining about the difficulty to get large numbers of tokens which I expect soon enough and that Jagex will eventually cave in and change the sysytem somehow. Or not, but if I'm right it makes me look awesome.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

How does construction work in this game/skill? I don't want it to be useless.

Staurolite.png

Uhm...I believe that construction is actually the only skill that is not encorporated in any way. Or maybe I'm missing something...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

it doesn't that's the beauty of it it is purely for if you want to as are all skills

constuction does allow you to make an area for you and your friends to "party" though

Construction is just as bad lol...

Eh I need to stop coming back to runescape and these forums. And Jagex needs to [bleep] off of the Minigames.

Last year was the year of Change, and this year is the year of Minigames and D&D's. Jagex, this isn't funorb. If we wanted to play minigames we would go to your other gaming site.

Stellactic.gif

A lot of the rewards greatly help other skills. The new mage ammy gives +15% mage damage bonus, which is amazing. I only hope this stacks with current staffs and slayer gear. You can also get bags that store coal/gems and scrolls that help with farming.

Also, read mod MMG's quote. There's going to be more additions to this skill, like summoning batch 2, so expect more rewards.

Also, something that I seriously dislike about this is that it was completely structured like a minigame, from the tutorial to the reward shop. I would much prefer if I had to pry that bonecrusher from some bosses cold dead claws after a gruelingly difficult dungeon than cashing in these points which are to my knowledge just 1/10th of your total xp minus past purchases, so there is no way that you would be able to get it at the assigned level(25 I believe) when it costs what 110k tokens? That would be a minimum of 1.1 million xp which is what in the 70s?

What do torn bags do ??

I sell them to the smuggler.... they said they were valuable to him aha..

Anyways a question, lets say I played for a couple hours and i at like dungeon 4, then I log out. Does that mean every time i log back in to play i start from a beginner level dungeon? Does what I'm saying make sense, haha sorry, I find the skill pretty complex.

So wait, this new skill:

a) Is hard to train (people complain how "easy" RS has become)

B) Has content from 1 to 99 in almost all skills (people complain there is no high lvl stuff)

c) Has new weapons that help to rebalance the combat triangle (people complain about mage being unbalanced)

d) Has a level cap above 99 for the obsessive grinders (people complain that the 99 cap isn't enough)

e) Has features that require either a balanced approach to the game in terms of skills or ability make balanced teams (people complain about gameplay not suiting them/being innovative enough)

f) Is both F2P and P2P (People always claim they are being excluded)

g) Is the biggest update for ages in terms of additional game features and map size etc (people complain about the size of updates)

....I could go on.

And somehow people are STILL effing whinging! As someone said, haters gonna hate. Nitpicky, whiny, anomaly hunting little kiddies (and trust me sweeties, age is irrelevant when someone is stuck in the mentality of a self important, spoiled, delusionally entitled child). Hating on updates is their way of getting attention they desperately lack.

Anyway, enough about the feckless naysayers, I'm lvl 18 in the new skill and loving it. Although at this rate I'll be 70 by the time I get the skill to 70.

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

Bad idea for a skill. Its a mini game, or activity. LAME

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Great if it were a minigame, but from what I have seen currently it is a lousy skill. It took me literally 90 minutes to get 500xp..lawl. But in all fairness, when summoning came out it fell short, but after a few months of updating jagex made it into one of the most usefull skills in the game. Dungeoneering seems a little to far removed from the other aspects of the game for this to be likely...but who knows.

99 Fletching - 01/08/08

99 Theiving - 09/11/08

99 Cooking - 12/13/08

99 Runecrafting - 10/23/09

99 Strength - 05/07/10

I was just kicked off of the game. Stuck at "started 3D library."

Great if it were a minigame, but from what I have seen currently it is a lousy skill. It took me literally 90 minutes to get 500xp..lawl. But in all fairness, when summoning came out it fell short, but after a few months of updating jagex made it into one of the most usefull skills in the game. Dungeoneering seems a little to far removed from the other aspects of the game for this to be likely...but who knows.

The exp raises as you level. By a lot.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I really like it but it's one of the few things that require a big time investment, you can't just log on and play a quick round which is slightly annoying.

Oh, and if you get a terrible partner who takes all the food, makes armour for himself, lets you do all the tanking, etc. I feel bad for you but it's better to have an idiot then to do it solo. :\

Trapt45.png

What happened is that people subjectively decided to have a connotated idea of what a 'skill' is. Let this new skill expand your horizon and thinking pattern and accept the new change of pace with a new skill. I particularly enjoyed playing the few hours I put into it. I certainly will see my grades drop because of this and my bank account will see another month subscription taken out. :)

Let the splunking continue! :D

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I just went from level 1-22 straight and I have to say it definitely was enjoyable for me. Yes, it was frustrating in some parts but figuring things out and being required to work in a team is what makes this skill good. That said, I was working with 4 very close irl friends. I can't imagine doing that with complete strangers. It would get way too hectic.

And yes I HAVE seen some sort of incorporation of every skill, including construction and farming. They aren't required to beat the dungeon, but it's still there. Kind of useless tbh.

Overall, yes it's fun for a while, but highly over rated and I was expecting much more after over 2 years with no skill :mellow:

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

What happened is that people subjectively decided to have a connotated idea of what a 'skill' is. Let this new skill expand your horizon and thinking pattern and accept the new change of pace with a new skill. I particularly enjoyed playing the few hours I put into it. I certainly will see my grades drop because of this and my bank account will see another month subscription taken out. :)

Eff school. Scape fo' life, son.

guido_49.png

Eff school. Scape fo' life, son.

Ha, if only there was a degree in Runescape, I'd go for my PhD. I just don't want to be taught by a dragon in fear of getting an answer wrong...

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Not even gonna attempt this skill, doesn't seem to be any benefits at the moment. All the good rewards are degradable, which sucks. And it's just a big time waste. Wtf is wrong with Jagex? They are encouraging people to train a slow skill to level 120. That's [bleep]ing sad. I lost my respect for this game a long time ago, but this really could be the last straw. The quality of things is getting worse and worse. Don't say this skill is the most thought out and well developed thing ever because it's not, looks like they just through some [cabbage] together and gave it to us. I'm starting to think the past 2 years of anticipation for this skill were just to keep people from quitting.

patr1ckotg1.png