12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Jagex obviously plans on people playing this well past true skill mastery - you don't even get to bind your 4th item until level 120.

Once I got a prometheum chainbody bound, things got a lot easier. I can only imagine once I got a decent weapon bound, instead of having to make one from scratch every time.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after 2 hrs I got lvl 5 :D it's a fun skill, just hard to learn what does what. I mean heck, I was dropping cave morays for heim crabs L O L. All I've done is solo so far. However I dc'd and now I have to start over :x

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I wish Jagex would let us smuggle these armors out of the area.

These new armors look sexy as hell.

I'm back in the game. It's running much faster now.

I know right? Did you notice the new animations the Icefiend boss can do? It's insane.

Trapt45.png

Not even gonna attempt this skill, doesn't seem to be any benefits at the moment. All the good rewards are degradable, which sucks. And it's just a big time waste. Wtf is wrong with Jagex? They are encouraging people to train a slow skill to level 120. That's [bleep]ing sad. I lost my respect for this game a long time ago, but this really could be the last straw. The quality of things is getting worse and worse. Don't say this skill is the most thought out and well developed thing ever because it's not, looks like they just through some [cabbage] together and gave it to us. I'm starting to think the past 2 years of anticipation for this skill were just to keep people from quitting.

Ever hear the phrase "don't knock it til you've tried it"? Everyone's allowed to like or dislike this skill, but you look like an idiot when you call it a failure in the same paragraph where you admit not even trying it.

Didn't you listen to your parents as a kid?

"Eat your squash"

"But I don't like squash"

"Have you ever had it?"

"no."

"Well how do you know you don't like it?"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I refuse to read 12 pages of topic, so tell me if this was already mentioned but...

Wasn't this skill promised like in 2006?

There was a "what to expect this year" with "group quests" and "unique quests" in which the quest is dynamically made on the spot?

I'm sure you hardcore people can find the post... it was made on a Jan 1 back when they use to do that stuff.

Yea, I remember reading something about 'go on random created adventures with friends' in their goals list that was posted.

6he242p.jpg

"Be Excellent To Each Other"

Ive been looking for ages and i cant find the mining rocks. I got all the complexity lvls unlocked and im lvl 6 dung... the rocks arent in the room with the smugler so i dont know what to do?

Currently:whacking noobs with rubber chicken

F2p and 52 prayer :-P

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

Ive been looking for ages and i cant find the mining rocks. I got all the complexity lvls unlocked and im lvl 6 dung... the rocks arent in the room with the smugler so i dont know what to do?

They are in random rooms. You will know you can mind a rock when it says "Mine _____" You can't miss it if you are running around looking for one.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I really think im going to enjoy this skill. I ddi the intro and it was a lot of fun. Cant do much now due to homework but it is something I think Im going to enjoy a lot more as time goes on.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

After some time of doing both solo and team I've found something rather interesting: leveling is actually faster solo (at least at lower levels). More people means more powerful boss which generally leads to more deaths, which in turn leads to less exp than you would usually get solo anyway. More powerful bosses when you have crappy gear is a very bad thing even with 5 people, because most of those people are probably going to be scantily clad anyway. With one person you feel less rushed thus you can focus a bit more on mining and smithing up some decent armor.

Methinks they should REALLY let you bind more gear. Maybe like 2 at level 1 and 4 at level 50 and etc.

Can somebody actually freakin explain something to me:

What is the problem with "rewards"? Wtf? Really? Just because they are CALLED rewards? Its still something you gain from your efforts that you put into the skill over a period of time.

Compare it to slayer. With slayer all you get to do is kill bigger monsters and use better slayer-specific equipment. At least in Dungeoneering you will have to actually DO the skill to use the items. Not like Slayer where anyone can just buy a whip even if they have level 1 slayer.

I fail to see how the benefits of this skill are any different from any other skill.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I would like to be able to bind more items as well, but the thing about binding items is that too many and it's borderline on overpowered. I haven't had trouble killing anything yet using just a Katagon Longsword or Katagon arrows, both of which I obtained in the first dungeon. Imagine how easy it would become if you could get a 99 smithing friend to make you a set of promethium and you could bind the entire set, never having to welfare, so to speak (I still find it easy enough using just what I can scavenge/make, but I'm only level 10, so what do I know?)

What they do need to do, though, is allow you to log out in the middle of a raid and log back in without forcing you to start a different one -- it takes a while to do a dungeon solo and the ability to come and go as you please (one large aspect to RuneScape) would be very welcome -- I'm sure it would be especially so at higher levels.

EDIT: How do you toggle the dungeon size? I haven't the slightest clue and want to see if there's a difference in a medium sized dungeon.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

After some time of doing both solo and team I've found something rather interesting: leveling is actually faster solo (at least at lower levels). More people means more powerful boss which generally leads to more deaths, which in turn leads to less exp than you would usually get solo anyway. More powerful bosses when you have crappy gear is a very bad thing even with 5 people, because most of those people are probably going to be scantily clad anyway. With one person you feel less rushed thus you can focus a bit more on mining and smithing up some decent armor.

Methinks they should REALLY let you bind more gear. Maybe like 2 at level 1 and 4 at level 50 and etc.

Yeah, other then not being able to bind a few more things I really like it.

As I solo, I find myself going back and forth to the Smuggler with stuff and selling it so I can buy ores to make a weapon and/or shield. The only pot I've made was one of those cures so I could kill a frost dragon. I sell the hides, runes, charms & farming stuff for cash to buy high level ores.

Oh, and Jagex finally got it right & put a forge & anvil in the same room with an ore shop. That alone is worth noting about this new mini-skill, if nothing else is.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Played it for a while, reached level 6. Quite enjoyed it so far, even if it is a little confusing at first. I agree it does "feel" like a minigame, sort of like a cross between stealing creation and pyramid plunder.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I got level 26, but I keep crashing halfway through dungeons, so I'm going to maybe do some more tomorrow.

The skill's actually pretty fun in my opinion. I think it would have been great as a minigame, especially since the level [bleep] wouldn't be whining so much about having to do it.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp