12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Ok I just got home from work (spent 10 hrs today thinking about this omfg)

First off: is it crowd related? I know that there's teams, but I mean if its crowded (which it is obvsly) will that affect xp gains? (like hunter?) or is it like say rc or cook crwods don't matter (besides your party)

ALSO, is this a semi fast skill? too early to tell?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hallo. just wondering randomly.. but.. did they steal this idea from Falador Taverns game, named Dungeoneering as well?... or did they come up with it by themselves?...

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

First off: is it crowd related? I know that there's teams, but I mean if its crowded (which it is obvsly) will that affect xp gains? (like hunter?) or is it like say rc or cook crwods don't matter (besides your party)

hai saru

All dungeons are instanced, so you don't need to worry about crowds. It's too early to tell for sure, but apparently it starts to pick up around level 30. It's pretty slow before that, as far as I can tell. Also, you can solo the dungeons, so don't worry about not being to find a good team.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Crowds have no effect, the skill only will be the 1 to 5 people involved in the party.

Well with over 12 hours of the skill release, there are a few people with 40+, but I am in the mind frame that it will be a hard skill to level and it takes the certain niche to love it, where time will be no factor to playing the skill.

ty sirs.

hai jimi obelisk

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

hallo. just wondering randomly.. but.. did they steal this idea from Falador Taverns game, named Dungeoneering as well?... or did they come up with it by themselves?...

They definitely came up with it themselves. As I said already. Jagex don't browse FT, and if they did they've had this skill in production waaaaaay before FT was even created.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

They definitely came up with it themselves. As I said already. Jagex don't browse FT, and if they did they've had this skill in production waaaaaay before FT was even created.

i did say that i was randomly wondering. but whatever, your probbably right. but it would be funny if they did base it off our thread.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Does anyone else read the falador tavern? If not, I suggest you take a look at it IMMEDIATELY and search for a particular thread that MIGHT JUST RING A BELL with 800 pages and a creation date of 2009...

THE IRONY! IT BURNS!

Link please?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

All I gotta say is... I HATE GLUTTONOUS BEHEMOTHS. At least on teams. Two piles of food, and if one person dies, boss heals to max hp. Seriously, three people left, in the 120 range, we all go through a gruelingly long dungeon, only to be greeted by a level 411 incarnation of this fatass. Impossible. Good thing I got exp anyway when I bailed.

Lol, lame. I was like "I'm level 138. I got this [cabbage]."

Go over to the boss monster that freezes and prays melee. I look in my inven, and all I have is 3 weird pieces of food that heal like 100 LP and a Katagon Longsword. I cried. Shortly thereafter, I died.

guido_49.png

Go over to the boss monster that freezes and prays melee. I look in my inven, and all I have is 3 weird pieces of food that heal like 100 LP and a Katagon Longsword. I cried. Shortly thereafter, I died.

Yeah 138 isn't actually so great if you consider bandos and other gear actually makes us level 200-300ish.

Seriously, they should allow us to take our own gear. Let the other garbage be for the people who need it. Or of course for higher levels when we actually get tier 9-11 stuff.

Yeah 138 isn't actually so great if you consider bandos and other gear actually makes us level 200-300ish.

Seriously, they should allow us to take our own gear. Let the other garbage be for the people who need it. Or of course for higher levels when we actually get tier 9-11 stuff.

Well, lol, I have really high skills, so I was also like "God damn. Level 4 complexity is gonna be cake." So I go around, just killing monsters with a longsword and soul split to heal. The boss caught me off guard, since the boss beforehand died in like 15 seconds. Didn't know we needed more than one attack style... Good to know, though.

guido_49.png

I am really loving Dungeoneering   :P Very happy that they made something like this into a skill, as it truly is a joy to play. 

I organised a quick team of four with some low level'd F2P players and it was so much better than it had any right to be. Had a good laugh trying to figure out puzzles and mowing down the enemies aided by my three team mates giving me every decent piece of equipment that was dropped, which was fine, you know, seeing that I pretty much had to kill everything on my own. Hell, even the level 3 pure that was in my team came in useful as he helped the other three out by running around the level mining and smithing to get us our weapons and armour.

Never thought I'd have so much fun with three random low level'd F2p players. Brings a tear to my eye! I can see this skill making people a lot of new friends, and I pity anyone taking this skill so seriously that they'd rather quickly grind through the dungeons on their own instead of finding people to play with.  :thumbup:

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

I am really loving Dungeoneering   :P Very happy that they made something like this into a skill, as it truly is a joy to play. 

I organised a quick team of four with some low level'd F2P players and it was so much better than it had any right to be. Had a good laugh trying to figure out puzzles and mowing down the enemies aided by my three team mates giving me every decent piece of equipment that was dropped, which was fine, you know, seeing that I pretty much had to kill everything on my own. Hell, even the level 3 pure that was in my team came in useful as he helped the other three out by running around the level mining and smithing to get us our weapons and armour.

Never thought I'd have so much fun with three random low level'd F2p players. Brings a tear to my eye! I can see this skill making people a lot of new friends, and I pity anyone taking this skill so seriously that they'd rather quickly grind through the dungeons on their own instead of finding people to play with.  :thumbup:

A skill that introduces a new way to train? Blasphemy. Take me back to the good ol' days where I have to spend 20 hours and 170M to get a 99.

guido_49.png

I've hit level thirteen and a massive block with this "skill".

It really is just one big massive complex minigame that doesn't integrate with Runescape at all. I'll just have to grind it to 30 and then pay weekly visits to Juna..

asrhasrh.jpg

Now I'm jealous that I can't play this game for another few months. I'll be sure to check it out once I'm out of my parents house and able to play on my own again.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I believe there is a pseudo-crash happening right now. Anyway, while I do not like the new skill, anything that makes the market a bit more interesting is okay with me!

Anyway, New Skill Dungeoneering, Market Crash!

Good time to buy. :)

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

For some reason...I think im going to enjoy this skill. I sure hope so though...just need to write some English papers first...

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I've hit level thirteen and a massive block with this "skill".

It really is just one big massive complex minigame that doesn't integrate with Runescape at all. I'll just have to grind it to 30 and then pay weekly visits to Juna..

Soloing is really getting on my nerves, lol. Takes like 10 minutes to complete one level. Then again, I have no idea what to do, lol. I tried summoning stuff... but apparently I need shards, which I don't know how to get.

Also, why aren't things labeled on the mini map? I don't really feel like hovering my mouse over the entire room to find out where the mining places are. I was like, ok... Where do I mine... Spent about 2 minutes looking for some rocks.

guido_49.png

Soloing is really getting on my nerves, lol. Takes like 10 minutes to complete one level. Then again, I have no idea what to do, lol. I tried summoning stuff... but apparently I need shards, which I don't know how to get.

Also, why aren't things labeled on the mini map? I don't really feel like hovering my mouse over the entire room to find out where the mining places are. I was like, ok... Where do I mine... Spent about 2 minutes looking for some rocks.

I agree! I spent ages looking for a tree to make a bow once.

Oh and Jagex has made farming practically useless in this MINIGAME. Grow potatoes, for what? There are never any damn cooking ranges in the levels!! Herblore makes one dose potions? Brilliant..

I seriously hope they bump the xp up to something on the levels of RC.

asrhasrh.jpg

While this looks like it'll be a very fun time waster, it is extremely disappointing as a skill. I mean, we get rewards? Seriously? And only twenty of them on top of that! This reminds me of the iPad; has some very good features about it that were wanted for a while (e.g. instanced dungeons, team-oriented monsterhunting, VERY high leveled combat gear), yet a few setbacks that made it completely worthless to most people. If a dungeoneering 2 doesn't come out, I don't think I will ever actually refer to this as a skill, because right now it just looks like a really good minigame.

That said, I still think it will be a lot of fun. Just not something that I would ever expect from a skill.

wl7w9j.png

While this looks like it'll be a very fun time waster, it is extremely disappointing as a skill. I mean, we get rewards? Seriously? And only twenty of them on top of that! This reminds me of the iPad; has some very good features about it that were wanted for a while (e.g. instanced dungeons, team-oriented monsterhunting, VERY high leveled combat gear), yet a few setbacks that made it completely worthless to most people. If a dungeoneering 2 doesn't come out, I don't think I will ever actually refer to this as a skill, because right now it just looks like a really good minigame.

That said, I still think it will be a lot of fun. Just not something that I would ever expect from a skill.

I agree. As of right now, this skill is stupid. Rewards are good at level 80 and it's very fun to play, but the skill continues on to level 120. There has to be a second update to this skill, and I can only hope that Jagex is waiting to release it based on our reactions to the first part.

guido_49.png

I totally can't seem to figure out how to change the Dungeon size! Can someone tell me how to change it? I want to solo Medium dungeons. :pray:

I'm liking this skill so far but it doesn't seem very rewarding to be completely honest. But as a free player, I'm not complaining at all! Much more fun than pretty much everything else in F2P.

Fellsig.jpg