12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For people complaining that the skill is repetitive, how is it any more repetitive than any of the previous skills?

Ive gotta agree with that.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Playing a minigame while training a skill unique to the game itself while leading an elite squadron of four of your best friends? How can this possibly be bad?

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Some of us don't have four friends to play it with :(

Hope you're not serious, I lol'd a little.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Some of us don't have four friends to play it with :(

You can solo.

When I reached lvl 13, I started getting lvl 100+ guardians which I simply couldn't beat without having the appropriate gear

prayer doesn't work on some monsters either

having a team is starting to seem advantageous

Naaxi.png

Sigh... for me... this may be the single biggest let down of an update, ever. I wasn't around mid 2005 to 2009, but from everywhere that has between mid 2003 to mid 2005, and mid 2009 til now... this takes the cake. There was just so much hype around this.

I just hope I can reach level 30 so I can just use Tears of Guthix from there on out, but after reaching level 4, I don't know if I'll even get to 30...

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

So lonely..

My biggest concern, though, is that this skill seems a bit too separate from the main game to actually be called a "skill". If what I'm led to believe is correct, then relatively few of the rewards can be used outside of the dungeons themselves, and the skill itself is practically useless outside of Daemonheim? I am willing to believe that my problem with Dungeoneering's relative isolation compared to other skills is simply due to my lack of experience and understanding in the skill. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving what little time I've spent with the skill so far, it's just that, as Me Hates Libs said; "2) It incorporates every other skill, but is a skill exclusive to itself..."

I dont see it as a huge problem. The entire Rewards page refers to objects that are for use outside of Daemonheim.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/dungeoneering_rewards

The only comments I have about this are that there really aren't many rewards there. And further, the highest level reward is 80. Leveling dungeoneer past 80 will only result in benefits in the dungeon zones.

If you enjoy the dungeon experience, this skill will be great for you. If you dont find genuine enjoyment in playing this skill, the rewards will take a lot of work for minimal payoff.

EDIT:

By the way, holy crap how did I not notice the Tome of frost till now? It gives infinite water runes. Combine this with a staff of air, and we officially have the first way to cast elemental spells and consuming nothing but mind/chaos/death/blood runes.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Sigh... for me... this may be the single biggest let down of an update, ever. I wasn't around mid 2005 to 2009, but from everywhere that has between mid 2003 to mid 2005, and mid 2009 til now... this takes the cake.

I just hope I can reach level 30 so I can just use Tears of Guthix from there on out, but after reaching level 4, I don't even know if I'll get to 30...

This update FAILS... for now.

But so were Slayer, Farming, Construction, Hunter and Summoning when they first came out. We'll just have to wait and see.

Sigh... for me... this may be the single biggest let down of an update, ever. I wasn't around mid 2005 to 2009, but from everywhere that has between mid 2003 to mid 2005, and mid 2009 til now... this takes the cake.

I just hope I can reach level 30 so I can just use Tears of Guthix from there on out, but after reaching level 4, I don't know if I'll even get to 30...

Tell that to the 100k+ people that rioted about the trade restrictions and removal of the old wilderness.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I actually liked Slayer, Farming when the were released. I was more or less neutral with Construction. I wasn't around for the Hunter and Summoning releases.

But seriously, I don't find this dungeon mini-game fun at all. It's kind of hard to have fun in it when you've got games like Dragon Age: Origins, Zelda, or even World of Warcraft that provide, "real dungeon experiences".

Tell that to the 100k+ people that rioted about the trade restrictions and removal of the old wilderness.

I guess you didn't realize that I played a lot from 2003-2005. When I came back I had to deal with it just like everybody else. But because I was gone for such a long time, I didn't find those too big a deal.

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

I actually liked Slayer, Farming when the were released. I was more or less neutral with Construction. I wasn't around for the Hunter and Summoning releases.

But seriously, I don't find this dungeon mini-game fun at all. It's kind of hard to have fun in it when you've got games like Dragon Age: Origins, Zelda, or even World of Warcraft that provide, "real dungeon experiences".

Nah, thats like saying "If I enjoy questing I might as well play city of heroes instead of WoW just for the quests".

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Nah, thats like saying "If I enjoy questing I might as well play city of heroes instead of WoW just for the quests".

You clearly missed the point. You can play both CoH and WoW, but if one aspect in one game is clearly better (and assuming you play both games regularly, and not just one and not even once the other), it's doubtful you'd spend much time doing the same in the other game (unless you enjoy grinding).

Luckily for me I've never really played other MMORPGs, so I find RuneScape pretty good, but as far as the "dungeon experience" goes - countless single players have done just that.

Maybe some of you find this new skill fun, which is good for you. But for me unfortunately, I don't like it all (as of now). It just feels like another mini-game, most of which I got bored with after a few days at most. :(

ftsig.png

You clearly missed the point. You can play both CoH and WoW, but if one aspect in one game is clearly better (and assuming you play both games regularly, and not just one and not even once the other), it's doubtful you'd spend much time doing the same in the other game (unless you enjoy grinding).

Luckily for me I've never really played other MMORPGs, so I find RuneScape pretty good, but as far as the "dungeon experience" goes - countless single players have done just that.

I have played both WoW and Guild Wars. WoW has great PvE element while GW has the best PvP experience, this is the opinion of many many gamers. I play both games for all of its content because I enjoy the game. It is not as if I suddenly I want to play PvP I play Guild Wars. It is more like whenever I want to play Guild Wars I go to play Guild Wars. Also, yes I have spend relatively equal amount of time doing both PvP and PvE aspect of both games during my free time. I just do not get the mentality that "if other games does this better, why should we bother with it."

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Maybe some of you find this new skill fun, which is good for you. But for me unfortunately, I don't like it all (as of now). It just feels like another mini-game, most of which I got bored with after a few days at most. :(

Yeah you make a good point. If I want to farm crops on a video game, we have Harvest Moon. Also theres plenty of fishing and hunting games that deliver a much more realistic fishing experience than RS.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I just do not get the mentality that "if other games does this better, why should we bother with it."

Well, it's kind of hard to enjoy something when you've played something else that provided a similar and much better experience. As you can maybe tell, I'm not exactly the grinding type. I play what I enjoy, and this... I simply find no enjoyment. Hopefully this will change in the future. A failure of a start for me, but at least it starts from rock bottom for me and can't possibly get any worse! :P

Yeah you make a good point. If I want to farm crops on a video game, we have Harvest Moon. Also theres plenty of fishing and hunting games that deliver a much more realistic fishing experience than RS.

If you think I'm joking - there's one main reason I play RuneScape now - to play the market. I don't like fishing. I don't like mining. I don't like combat training. I don't part-take in any of that anymore. My stats, and everything else are a mere reflection of the only thing I really enjoy in RS now these days - and that's to play the market. You may enjoy grinding to a 2200+ total level, but that's just not for me. My stats are very lopsided - and that's never going to change, because my fishing, mining, and etc will never be leveled because I do not enjoy those skills.

But I do actually really enjoy farming because it is a very casual skill which brings in money so I can... play the market. ;)

ftsig.png

If you think I'm joking - there's one main reason I play RuneScape now - to play the market. I don't like fishing. I don't like mining. I don't like combat training. I don't part-take in any of that anymore. My stats, and everything else are a mere reflection of it. You may enjoy grinding to a 2200+ total level, but that's just not for me.

You should probably re-think the way you voice your opinions about this skill then. When people read your posts, unless you tell them otherwise, theyre going to assume that you play the game basically the same way as everyone else.

I think your original comment was just mis-percieved as illogical hate towards the update. However from looking at your skills, you really just dont do some things in this game. Now that you made it clear how you feel about the game in general, it is easier to understand your attitude toward dungeoneering.

Myweponsgood.gif

So lonely..

My biggest concern, though, is that this skill seems a bit too separate from the main game to actually be called a "skill". If what I'm led to believe is correct, then relatively few of the rewards can be used outside of the dungeons themselves, and the skill itself is practically useless outside of Daemonheim? I am willing to believe that my problem with Dungeoneering's relative isolation compared to other skills is simply due to my lack of experience and understanding in the skill. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving what little time I've spent with the skill so far, it's just that, as Me Hates Libs said; "2) It incorporates every other skill, but is a skill exclusive to itself..."

I dont see it as a huge problem. The entire Rewards page refers to objects that are for use outside of Daemonheim.

The only comments I have about this are that there really aren't many rewards there. And further, the highest level reward is 80. Leveling dungeoneer past 80 will only result in benefits in the dungeon zones.

If you enjoy the dungeon experience, this skill will be great for you. If you dont find genuine enjoyment in playing this skill, the rewards will take a lot of work for minimal payoff.

EDIT:

By the way, holy crap how did I not notice the Tome of frost till now? It gives infinite water runes. Combine this with a staff of air, and we officially have the first way to cast elemental spells and consuming nothing but mind/chaos/death/blood runes.

Those are REWARDS: not using the skill! - I would like to be able to do something with dungeoneering OUTSIDE of the dungeon... - so I USE the SKILL (not the rewards) to become better at other skills. - Even if better just means opening a worse method for training it is in my opinion a usefull skill.

As it stands now it is just useless, apart from "rewards". (no methods etc)..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Hehe, you got it before I updated my post. :thumbsup:

But like I've stated, and like somebody else has stated, other skill releases were also "fail" at release, so I'm not giving up yet. I'm just going to give it time, and return to this skill a later date. Maybe I'll enjoy it then. :)

ftsig.png

I just do not get the mentality that "if other games does this better, why should we bother with it."

Well, it's kind of hard to enjoy something when you've played something else that provided a similar and much better experience. As you can maybe tell, I'm not exactly the grinding type. I play what I enjoy, and this... I simply find no enjoyment. Hopefully this will change in the future. A failure of a start for me, but at least it starts from rock bottom for me and can't possibly get any worse! :P

Hey I am fine if you dislike it for whatever reason. I am just a bit confused at the thought process thats all.

11-1.jpg[

I usualy only get headaches from playing minigames too long. This is the first skill which has been able to give me a headache, and im only at level 7.

Am I ever going to get 99 in this skill? No

Am I ever going to get 120 in this skill? HELL NO.

I cant believe I got about 1k worth of exp in a day. Im prepared to not touch this skill again, and I havent said that since summoning was first released.

I thought summoning was complex, but this is like 5000 times worse.

Its fun and all, but if I think the skill is getting repetitive at level 7, something has to be wrong.

So lonely..

My biggest concern, though, is that this skill seems a bit too separate from the main game to actually be called a "skill". If what I'm led to believe is correct, then relatively few of the rewards can be used outside of the dungeons themselves, and the skill itself is practically useless outside of Daemonheim? I am willing to believe that my problem with Dungeoneering's relative isolation compared to other skills is simply due to my lack of experience and understanding in the skill. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving what little time I've spent with the skill so far, it's just that, as Me Hates Libs said; "2) It incorporates every other skill, but is a skill exclusive to itself..."

EDIT:

You could always cast elemental spells while only consuming mind/chaos/death/blood.... air spells with air staff... I know what you meant there, you just phrased it incorrectly.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563