12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not fun. It's dull and repetitive, even on members. God I could only imagine what it's like on F2P.

Back to Slayer. :thumbup:

The new game is dull and repetitive, so you are off to train a skill where you go to one room and kill 100-200 of the same monster, then get a new assignment and go to another area that will be exactly the same as it was the last 50 times you were there. How is that less repetitive? This is the most idiotic thing youve ever said.

Sorry, forgot my Sarcasm tags. :P

But Slayer is more fun because it provides good money and just enough of a certain monster before I get so tired of it that I quit, though tasks over 200 bug me. This skill is going to be terribly, terribly repetitive unless changes are made.

And technically yes, no more minigames, they're called Activities. Well then, this is an activity, and not a particularly good one in my opinion.

I think Jagex was highly blinded by the satisifaction they got out of creating this that the final product is... bleah. It would be like working on a car, you love working on the car, it provides hours of fun and interest, but too bad you were working on a '02 Hyundai Accent and when the car is finished it's a crappy car.

So basically this skill = '02 Hyundai Accent.

Den said it well. By level 7 everyone seems to get sick of it, and I'm not BSing, like every single person seems to come to that at level 7.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Those are REWARDS: not using the skill! - I would like to be able to do something with dungeoneering OUTSIDE of the dungeon... - so I USE the SKILL (not the rewards) to become better at other skills. - Even if better just means opening a worse method for training it is in my opinion a usefull skill.

As it stands now it is just useless, apart from "rewards". (no methods etc)..

Where do I use Hunter aside from the self-contained rewards? Where do I use Farming aside from self-contained uses?

You could always cast elemental spells while only consuming mind/chaos/death/blood.... air spells with air staff... I know what you meant there, you judge phrased it incorrectly.

Good point I suppose. I'd also like to add that this means we can cast ancients with a powerful staff, and then in our offhand use the Tome and still not use a million water runes.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Another weird point comes up:

You can make summons, potions, and armour.. But honestly? - This requires huge amounts of time, and without a bank it is unfeasable to make them.. (1 inventory is way to little.. Reminds me a bit of the RSC days).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Another weird point comes up:

You can make summons, potions, and armour.. But honestly? - This requires huge amounts of time, and without a bank it is unfeasable to make them.. (1 inventory is way to little.. Reminds me a bit of the RSC days).

It wont be unfeasable to make them when you get to a dungeon that is difficult enough to force you and 4 friends to make all the best stuff you can.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Ok, so I cant actually try this skill for several weeks due to being away from a non-blocked RS area, but this does seem pretty awesome to me. MHL's comment just seemed like the usual trolling, but when Den comes around and says the same thing it makes more of an impact....

I dont really get why so many people find it boring, but I guess I'll know when I get a chance to try it.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Those are REWARDS: not using the skill! - I would like to be able to do something with dungeoneering OUTSIDE of the dungeon... - so I USE the SKILL (not the rewards) to become better at other skills. - Even if better just means opening a worse method for training it is in my opinion a usefull skill.As it stands now it is just useless, apart from "rewards". (no methods etc)..
Where do I use Hunter aside from the self-contained rewards? Where do I use Farming aside from self-contained uses?

You can use hides for summoning, salamanders for combat, chinchompas for range, the list goes on. As for farming, you farm herbs for use in potions, and things like strawberries for consumption in combat, or whatever circumstance you would normally find food useful in.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Not trolling, I'm just saying it stinks. That seems to be the general conclusion amongst the players. People just call it trolling because I try to say the same thing but with some humor/sarcasm/wit.

I think the most damning thing that can be said about it is not it's simply not fun. No trolling, sarcasm, etc. Just a straight opinion that I share with others.

On another note this is the biggest update of the year. That means the rest of the year is gonna... well you can probably guess.

And while people may think this is trolling, could Dungeoneering have a stupider name? I mean seriously. It seems like they came up with this name because no one would think of anything so dumb and then Jagex could honestly say no one correctly guessed the name. I mean, why not go with something like Fickle Farting Farfennugens then? Gets the same job done.

And while people may think this is trolling, could Dungeoneering have a stupider name? I mean seriously. It seems like they came up with this name because no one would think of anything so dumb and then Jagex could honestly say no one correctly guessed the name. I mean, why not go with something like Fickle Farting Farfennugens then? Gets the same job done.

Yeah i literally thought it was another jagex joke when i saw it. Its a very strange name..

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Nice to see it finally released. Not too sure about the name either but meh, doesn't bother me all that much.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

The rewards for this are so badly nerfed I don't see any incentive at all to play. A law staff that gives you a 10% chance of getting a free law rune? come on. And I'm through with all of the degrading combat equipment. Case in point: Battle robes which degrades 20% every hour of use. I was pumped like everybody else when the staff of light was released, but the reality is it took me 5 hours of Fist of Guthix play to get enough reward to charge them up, so it's basically 1 hour of FoP for every hour of useable combat. Sad. I could do other tasks in that hour that would easily pay for all the runes I would have saved using the robes.

You can use hides for summoning, salamanders for combat, chinchompas for range, the list goes on. As for farming, you farm herbs for use in potions, and things like strawberries for consumption in combat, or whatever circumstance you would normally find food useful in.

You can use the anti-poison totem to avoid being poisoned in combat, you can use the tome of frost for magic, you can use the Bonecrusher to get extra exp from prayer that you would have otherwise left on the ground, you can use the Coal Bag for...well...okay, I am not really sure how that works? But it sounds like it could be good for mining or smelting.

What is the difference? In hunter, you go to the hunter area, gather hunter items, and use them outside of hunter. In Dungeoneering you go to the Dungeoneering area, train the skill, then use your rewards outside of the dungeon. There is no difference.

BTW am I the only one who is so excited at the idea of future dungeoneering updates? Possibly new dungeon areas now and then? Maybe with the same items, but with different bosses and puzzles? I think this skill will be really fun when we get it a little higher.

Myweponsgood.gif

Its only trolling because you've posted the same thing 30 times in a row.

And dungeoneering because no one would come up with that name - anyone could come up with "raiding", "instancing", etc.

Oh, and this miniskill is pretty much "dungeon assualt" for runescape, except its game-generated and not player-generated.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Ooo I thought of another way to make the skill loads better.

Remove the annoying "binding" stuff and let us keep armor/weaponry/skill items untill we complete a whole floor instead of removing it in every wave.

Its extremely frustrating to get 2 parts of the best armor and 1 special slayer weapon and then loose 2/3 of them after the wave is done. >.> Dont even get the time to use them.

Normally, I would never ever complain about any updates, I accept them as they come. This skill is just terrible compare to any other that has ever came out. Besides the points already mentionned, I also don't like the fact you get all the xp at the end. The dungeon can take a long time to solo, you get disconnected, bye bye all the xp. The update that appear earlier in the day had the same effect as a disconnection. So personally, i'm hoping they will improve the skill before I max all the other skills.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png