12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuh-uh. I said the same thing 29 times then said the name is dumb 1 time, so :P

Also that name is so stupid that by comparison DenUsynlige is somewhat discernable. ;)

Heeeey noooow. Dont drag me into this with your fancy dictionary. :P

( have no idea what discernable is btw and no dictionary I could find explained it without using other ridiculous words.)

Discernable basically means any methods available to figure it out. Since I don't speak French, French words would not be discernable to me. And I can't figure out what your name means.

Good think my name isnt french then, isnt it. :-w

I agree! I spent ages looking for a tree to make a bow once.

Oh and Jagex has made farming practically useless in this MINIGAME. Grow potatoes, for what? There are never any damn cooking ranges in the levels!! Herblore makes one dose potions? Brilliant..

I seriously hope they bump the xp up to something on the levels of RC.

You can combine potatoes with fish to make fish potatoes. Haven't checked how much extra health a fish potato heals compared to the fish on its own though.

Tip for the gluttonous behemoths. Use gatestones, especially if the boss is a long way from your respawn point, just drop the gatestone where you're standing in between the boss and its food, then if you die you can teleport straight back. Won't work for soloing; but if you have two people and one food carcass or three people and two carcasses, it lets you get back in time to carry on blocking.

I like the update -- it's a bit of a headache getting used to all the new armours/weapons and such (entirely new classes of metals is killing my brain cells), but it's quite a bit of fun. I'm enjoying jumping headfirst into it without guides or any sort of help outside of talking to a friend or two about it. I've been waiting for an opportunity to recreate the feeling of new, unexplored territory, and this is definitely it for me.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Do you seriously get EXP in other skills outside of the dungeons? Would be pretty awesome if you could. My head's hurting too much to check...

If by that you mean "do you get experience in other skills inside the dungeon", then yes, you do. My question is, is it normal experience for other skills or is it less? Because, if so, this could be a fun new way to train.. I sure was having fun.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Do you seriously get EXP in other skills outside of the dungeons? Would be pretty awesome if you could. My head's hurting too much to check...

If by that you mean "do you get experience in other skills inside the dungeon", then yes, you do. My question is, is it normal experience for other skills or is it less? Because, if so, this could be a fun new way to train.. I sure was having fun.

Well, what I meant was does that EXP stay with you outside the dungeon. Also, I'm pretty sure it's less EXP than normal. I hit a 200 something with melee, and I didn't get that much EXP on the counter thing, but I don't know entirely, as I didn't keep track.

guido_49.png

[hide=Image]

dungeoneering.png

[/hide]

I am sure that there is a lot more in store for this skill. I think it has the POTENTIAL to become a awesome skill.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Oh, and that's another thing... skills don't have tutorials. Minigames do. Soul Wars, Castle Wars, Stealing Creation, Barbarian Assault, etc.

Summoning comes to mind. Seeing as it was the most recent skill released before Dungeoneering, I'd say jagex is looking to start explaining all of their new skills.

I don't remember any Summoning tutorial... I remember a quest, called Wolf Whistle, but no actual tutorial. Herblore had that same thing, a quest that introduced the skill. And an introductory quest is far different from an uninformative minigame tutorial.

Not only is this not a skill, you cant even see skill from where this is standing.

Like all other mini-games, this will slowly be abandoned, with only those few who happen to like that particular game continuing to play it. The high-scores will be a mockery, discouraging real skillers from training. The level of disinterest that will be shown towards this skill will be epic.

Why dont we make Stealing Creation and Soul Wars skills also, completely confusing what kind of game this is intended to be.

I think about the combat pures wanting the high end gear, and :3 as they can't make weapons for themselves.

And would someone check the exp rate on runecrafting in there? I'd Just love to Craft X, then wait 5 mintues for my runecrafting level.

I think about the combat pures wanting the high end gear, and :3 as they can't make weapons for themselves.

And would someone check the exp rate on runecrafting in there? I'd Just love to Craft X, then wait 5 mintues for my runecrafting level.

Exactly what I was thinking :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Hopefully the EXP carries outside of the dungeon. Can anyone clarify this? On my itouch right now...

guido_49.png

I'm pretty sure it's 1/10 of normal runecrafting exp.

greenmelf.png

Deffenetly worth selling alll your swag and runecrafting at the end of a dungeon then!

Deffenetly worth selling alll your swag and runecrafting at the end of a dungeon then!

... Lame... I knew Jagex would keep RC horribly difficult to train... There's hope, though, lol. If you can get like 1M gp in a round, you could potentially buy a [cabbage] load of RC EXP. However, I don't how much money you can loot from monsters past level 4... -.-

guido_49.png

I just tried this skill on my main account, and I thought that it was pretty fun. It's pretty clever that you would have to stand between the carcass and the Gluttonous Behemoth in order to kill it. ;)

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It took me like 20 minutes for the first dungeon because I had no clue what to do <_<

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Every skill is linked in some way or another.. like herblore makes potions for boss hunting, smithing makes weapons, mining gets the ores for bars for smithing etc...

how does dungeoneering link to the other skills? I understand the other skills link to dungeoneering but how does it link to them?

WinterSigcopy.png