12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

At first I thought the concept of this being a skill was ridiculous, but then I began to think about it.

Yes, everything about the way this things runs screams "It's a minigame!" but I believe that when Jagex was adapting this into Runescape, but certain things make somewhat sense here. The requirment of levels to buy certain equipments and the like could easily have done through "ranks" or something similar, but having 1-99 available ranks fits into a skill fairly well.

Also, nowhere does it say that Demonheim IS Dungeoneering. Demonheim is simply the only way to Dungeoneer. Have you not considered the possibility of other Instance Areas in the future? Having them all be able to tie each other together through dungeoneering is the best way to do this.

And lastly, I honestly don't give a damn what it's called. It's fun and I like it, so I'm going to play it even if the title seems a might bit off.

I was thinking this exactly.

What if Jagex already made a 2nd batch much like summoning and that we soon get a 2nd dungeon to explore? :o

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Jagex already made a 2nd batch much like summoning and that we soon get a 2nd dungeon to explore? :o

As long as they fix the skill (activity) first, I wouldnt mind seeing Draegonheim. :P

Since the amount of tokes you receive= your xp/10 how will you be able to get those weapons that cost 400k at level 80? <_<

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

It seems odd for me that leveling in f2p should be quicker than in p2p.

I have yet to figure out what I should be doing to level fastest, currently level 11. What I do now is enter level and complexity the highest I can, and solo. I have been able to complete every dungeon on my own with some deaths, mainly with the maze room.

I totally think jagex will have already new dungeons in development, which should be no surprise, if you look at the bosses currently available: they only go up to level 50+ (?).

What I don't like is the fact that it is all a little random-luck based..: I mean, if I get a good rapier compared to a crappy maul.. that makes quite a difference along the way.

Also, the way that I play dungeons I think jagex meant them (killing all monsters, exploring all rooms, doing all things), does not give the best exp.. which means the tutoring for this skill lacks, and apprently there is a 'trick' for getting fast exp, which one should stick to?

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Anyone figured how to work the lever/switch thing yet? >_<

Pull all the levers in the room before the time runs out.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

What I really don't like about this skill is that when you disconnect on solo play, you cannot enter again. >.<

And when I try to rejoin my own solo party it doesn't let me.

Please Jagex, fix this.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Soloing the boss is in my opinion much easier than in group. I just hate it when the plane-freezer pushes me to the other side of the room and goes somewhere behind a pillar and once I manage to get back to it, sam thing happens. Or I am sliding towards it and then he comes to me, and I pass trought it.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I'm not the biggest fans of combat, but this alone could convince me to raise it.

I've tried it and holy hell, I'm excited for what this skill has to offer. It's incredibly complex and you don't have to spend millions on items to raise it.

If I get my combat stats to say.. 70, it should get me to a decent level.

Kudos for Jagex, it may be a bit minigame-esque, but it is still, so far, the best update of 2010.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

[To'Kash the Bloodchiller Image]

That looks quite a bit trickier than the level-22 counterpart i've been fighting the past few times! :P

Soloing the boss is in my opinion much easier than in group. I just hate it when the plane-freezer pushes me to the other side of the room and goes somewhere behind a pillar and once I manage to get back to it, sam thing happens. Or I am sliding towards it and then he comes to me, and I pass trought it.

Heh, I know how that feels. I've stuck to predominantly ranging / maging this one - but then again, all my levels on the account i'm playing are 40 (except HP), so they're pretty well catered to switching styles. Most of the time I've found standing near the door or going to where the freezer's 'blocked' by a pillar works relatively well - preventing it from getting close to push you away.

Hit level 26 in this last night. Its such a slow skill to train.

The people complaining about the amount of tokens your getting think about it this way.

At level 10 I was getting around 200-300 exp a game. At level 23 I was getting 1400 a game. So at level 80 you'd be expecting a large amount of exp a game, around... 90k a game anyone? Which means nearly 9k tickets a game.

Still the prices of armour and stuff does seem high for the amount of tokens, but it doesn't seem THAT bad.

I can see this skill taking a month for the first 99, let alone the the first 120.

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

[To'Kash the Bloodchiller Image]

That looks quite a bit trickier than the level-22 counterpart i've been fighting the past few times! :P

I had a fight against a level 189 with my team. though it was only one of the start bosses she had stupid amounts of defense and hp....

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Are the ingame items tradable ? (theoretycaly other words can someone with higher smith make me an item if I give him the ores.)

Short answer: yes

long answer: yes indeed!

it can really help if skillers and combat people work together now =D

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but I found this:

"If you use your ring of kinship on a fire it says:

[hide]Some text startst to appear on the ring. It says... 'Nothing interesting happens.'"[/hide]

Just tested it myself and made me lol. :P

imagangster.png