12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Thanks to those posting boss monster, dungeon, and item pics :thumbsup:! Any and all are appreciated! Feel free to roll by this topic if you're interested in helping more: Dungeoneering Item Info - Tip.It Needs YOU!!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not had access to the internet since Friday so this was a surprise to see. I will try it out on F2P and go self sufficient in the dungeons as I have no armour whatsoever.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Have not had access to the internet since Friday so this was a surprise to see. I will try it out on F2P and go self sufficient in the dungeons as I have no armour whatsoever.

None needed - its provided or made. Each level you're starting from scratch, just like everyone else.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Initial Observations of our new skill WOW-oneering.

One, stop complaining!

You knuckle draggers cryed and whined about how their wasn't group play or group think or other stupid crap that is in other MMOs.

So, here it is and ITS ON MY SKILL TABLE. :wall:

Enjoy it, this week is your's.

Next week, I hope for something better.

Two, every skill is involved except one.

Yes thats right, every skill including farming.

I mean come on farming in a dungeon????

But, hey don't worry about training agility cause thats the skill that doesn't count.

No ledges around pits to traverse, no obstacles to dodge.

Hey its a dungeon, I mean your supposed to fish and farm in a dungeon, right?

Three, chaos weapon reqs blow.

I mean why the hell do I have to get 80 wow-neering to compete in PVP when they took my 95 herblore out.

Seriously, remove them from PVP or put back overloads.

Heh, how deep have you been in this dungeon? What level are you? Because I have seen some traps already, and I am only level 15.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

There is a ghost fremennik walking around the place (he was near the tents but I dunno how far he wanders), no options to talk or examine him, someone with ghosthunting gear could try and see if he says anything.

Got bored of high-lvl f2p dunq for now. Soloing lvl 20 ice monsters with tier 5 sword isn't that much fun after a while.

Some things I hope can happen:

Tie in Construction Skill

More rewards that are permanent (new prayers, new spells, new abilities tied to other skills)

Something I hope doesn't happen (yet will not be popular)

No method to level this skill outside of doing the skill ie No tears, prayer lamps or xp award from quests

Out of interest, has anyone noticed a way to level skills in this dungeon in an efficient manner? Something like mining, smelting, smithing, high alchemy combo among a four or five man team.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Map was generated at medium I think, you can see how much promethium there was. (primal gaunts and gorgonite shield)

loloe.png

That looks really nice...I hope Jagex will release the skin of it.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

You can train Runecrafting in the dungeon without doing Rune Mysteries.. :D I guess they forgot to put that restriction in. I have 7 RC in F2P without doing the quest, all from the altars in there. This will probably get fixed, though. Seems like a simple oversight. (Now, don't hurt me if this was mentioned, I'm not reading all the previous posts).

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Is it just me or are the lvl requirements for making potions wrong. I have 81 herblore and i need 75 to make a strong defense potion. When i go to add the ingredients it says i need 85 herblore. Is this a glitch or am i doing something wrong?

jpegsigtest.jpg

Some things I hope can happen:

Tie in Construction Skill

More rewards that are permanent (new prayers, new spells, new abilities tied to other skills)

Something I hope doesn't happen (yet will not be popular)

No method to level this skill outside of doing the skill ie No tears, prayer lamps or xp award from quests

Out of interest, has anyone noticed a way to level skills in this dungeon in an efficient manner? Something like mining, smelting, smithing, high alchemy combo among a four or five man team.

there is obviously the runecrafting. 10xp per blood, get 100k cash, buy ess, sell runes back to the guy, rinse and repeat.

You can train Runecrafting in the dungeon without doing Rune Mysteries.. :D I guess they forgot to put that restriction in. I have 7 RC in F2P without doing the quest, all from the altars in there. This will probably get fixed, though. Seems like a simple oversight. (Now, don't hurt me if this was mentioned, I'm not reading all the previous posts).

Rune Mysteries doesnt unlock runecrafting, its just a tutorial

Rune Mysteries doesnt unlock runecrafting, its just a tutorial

Oh I was mixed up- I thought the quest gave you access to the altars. Rather, it gives access to the mines. :oops:

demonslayer2.png

[hide=Big room image]switchroom.png[/hide]

Is there anything complicated to this switch room that I'm missing?

I am soloing the dungeons and from what I've read I have to get around the switches (marked 1 to 5) and then to the door (hilariously marked "door") before the timer runs out. Well, I seem to be managing by clicking the next switch in sequence as soon as I hear the switch sound and finally clicking the door. The route I'm taking is, unsurprisingly 1 through to 5, anticlockwise, and then back to the door. It really looks like I get to the door before the timer runs out but I always get hit and have never made it through the door. Perhaps I'm too slow! I have tried other routes and they all seem slower. Any tips? Anything I am doing obviously wrong?

(Editted to hide image)

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

Can somebody actually freakin explain something to me:

What is the problem with "rewards"? Wtf? Really? Just because they are CALLED rewards? Its still something you gain from your efforts that you put into the skill over a period of time.

Compare it to slayer. With slayer all you get to do is kill bigger monsters and use better slayer-specific equipment. At least in Dungeoneering you will have to actually DO the skill to use the items. Not like Slayer where anyone can just buy a whip even if they have level 1 slayer.

I fail to see how the benefits of this skill are any different from any other skill.

Can someone answer these questions?

I feel like I haven't been answered because you guys realise that your complaints against this skill are completely illogical. This is no less of a skill than slayer. In fact, I see many similarities between it and slayer, in terms of the way the skill works and how you get exp and rewards.

Slayer is probably the most popular skill, with a majority of the population in love with it, and also the exp is quite slow and nobody complains about it. Then Jagex releases a skill that is similar to slayer, but more complex and involving, and you guys complain.

The way I see it, you being given a random dungeon is exactly parallel to you being given a random task of monsters to kill. You complete the challenge, get exp, and move on to the next random chellenge.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Can somebody actually freakin explain something to me:

What is the problem with "rewards"? Wtf? Really? Just because they are CALLED rewards? Its still something you gain from your efforts that you put into the skill over a period of time.

Compare it to slayer. With slayer all you get to do is kill bigger monsters and use better slayer-specific equipment. At least in Dungeoneering you will have to actually DO the skill to use the items. Not like Slayer where anyone can just buy a whip even if they have level 1 slayer.

I fail to see how the benefits of this skill are any different from any other skill.

Can someone answer these questions?

I feel like I haven't been answered because you guys realise that your complaints against this skill are completely illogical. This is no less of a skill than slayer. In fact, I see many similarities between it and slayer, in terms of the way the skill works and how you get exp and rewards.

Slayer is probably the most popular skill, with a majority of the population in love with it, and also the exp is quite slow and nobody complains about it. Then Jagex releases a skill that is similar to slayer, but more complex and involving, and you guys complain.

The way I see it, you being given a random dungeon is exactly parallel to you being given a random task of monsters to kill. You complete the challenge, get exp, and move on to the next random chellenge.

There is no logical reason not to like this skill. People complain for complexity, high level rewards, new skills, skill integration, etc.. and when they get it, they complain that it's too complex and too high level. Your parallel to Slayer is spot-on, and I agree with you. However, the naysayers will be naysayers and there is nothing we can do to change their view. It's annoyingly ironic that they complain when they get what they were complaining about not having, but hey.

demonslayer2.png

I think the only valid reason for people to dislike the skill is because of the group nature of it. Some players just like to play solo.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

There is no logical reason not to like this skill. People complain for complexity, high level rewards, new skills, skill integration, etc.. and when they get it, they complain that it's too complex and too high level. Your parallel to Slayer is spot-on, and I agree with you. However, the naysayers will be naysayers and there is nothing we can do to change their view. It's annoyingly ironic that they complain when they get what they were complaining about not having, but hey.

Its like trying to argue with a creationist. You can show them all the fossils in the world and present them with cold-hard facts, but they don't want to see it so they just deny the existence.

I am a critic of Jagex. Pretty hard core. Since the trade updates, the game content updates have been far worse than in the years prior.

There are a lot of people in this thread who I thought were similar to me, wanting to see some new, interesting, high level challenging content added to the game. But now I see that they are just unable to be pleased.

In the past two years I have been overtly critical of many things Jagex has done and I feel that they let their game get very dry. I think that Dungeoneering is the best update to come in the past 3 years, and has delivered us exactly the right type of update that so many people have been asking for. I really am just shocked at how many people are displeased for no reason. Perhaps they just plain don't like Runescape any more, in which case they should just stop playing the game instead of confusing Jagex by always telling them that they want the opposite of what updates they are making.

The Dungeoneering skill is in the spirit of everything this game has ever hoped to be about. Making friends, working together, solving unique challenges, and using your culmination of skills to overcome these challenges.

I think the only valid reason for people to dislike the skill is because of the group nature of it. Some players just like to play solo.

You can play solo

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Still not certain even this is valid - I prefer soloing, I haven't actually grouped yet with this (I am only Level 27 mind you) and am managing quite alright, very much enjoying the change of scenery actually! :)