12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

You don't get the point, as long as the skill doesn't give something back to other skills, such as allowing players to smuggle a limited quantity of dungeon resources out for training and use above ground, it doesn't matter if there's 10 more of such dungeons, or an expansion of the 'reward' list.

Why does it have to give back something to Hunter?

Does Construction let you do more Fishing?

Does agility let you do more firemaking?

Does agility lets you directly use your agile abilities in other areas beyond the agility course?

Does construction create affect your gameplay around RuneScape? Where did your teletabs come from? How has your travelling, prayer training changed because of some direct features of Construction? Construction, although pretty cosmetic in the game, has an impact on other skills as well.

Now my question:

Your team of 4 just spent 4 hours of dungeoneering, and you want to end the trip. Does smuggling some of the unique dungeon items, limited by variety and quantity, but increasing as you proceed, hurts the game? Would incorporating the rewards as part of the dungeon, such as harvesting materials off boss monsters to create the rewards be a more illogical idea than earning some imaginary tokens and trading them for rewards off a NPC?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How has your travelling, prayer training changed because of some direct features of Construction? Construction, although pretty cosmetic in the game, has an impact on other skills as well.

In the same fashion the rewards from the D can affect your powertraining (the mage amulets for example)

Does agility lets you directly use your agile abilities in other areas beyond the agility course?

Does construction create affect your gameplay around RuneScape? Where did your teletabs come from? How has your travelling, prayer training changed because of some direct features of Construction? Construction, although pretty cosmetic in the game, has an impact on other skills as well.

what up bonecrusher

indeed, and I fully intend to use the rewards from dungeoneering outside daemonheim as well, that 5x rapid heal looks delicious for camping AZ's, for example

stomp.png

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

I have to agree with Qeltar. Nothing from this skill affects the game outside of itself. Dungeoneering offers nothing to getting high levels other than going further into the skill.

Bonegrinder offers nothing to prayer

Gem bag and coal bag offer nothing to mining.

Law and nature staves offer nothing to magic.

The farming scroll offers nothing to farming

Tome of frost offers nothing to magic

Anti poison totem offers nothing to combat

And all of the rest of the combat weapons and armor have no bearing on gameplay outside of the dungeon.

But in reality, all of these items are ONLY useful outside of the dungeon.

Your argument is just a blatant lie. All of these rewards are going to affect the world outside of dungeoneering. You are just looking at facts and dismissing them. Why?

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

The only issue I'm having is that Jagex needs to optimize this like, yesterday. I've been booted back to the Java loading screen too many times to count at the message about 3D objects, and if it happens again someone is getting shot in the kidneys.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I have to agree with Qeltar. Nothing from this skill affects the game outside of itself. Dungeoneering offers nothing to getting high levels other than going further into the skill.

And all of the rest of the combat weapons and armor have no bearing on gameplay outside of the dungeon.

Your argument is just a blatant lie. All of these rewards are going to affect the world outside of dungeoneering. You are just looking at facts and dismissing them. Why?

Because they're items, not the skill. Only the rewards from the skill offer anything outside of it. The skill itself offers *nothing* outside of itself. That was my point. As well as a skill this size should have more of those reward items at least.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

There is nothing that says a skill needs to become part of the RS world.

Maybe for you. For a lot of people, there is. That's what a skill is about. Think of the word: SKILL. It means you develop an ability that lets you do things. Not you develop an ability that has NO impact on how you play except for letting you get a few trinkets. That's what a MINIGAME is.

But this skill is not an isolation from the RS world, though. Even though we dont use Dungeoneering outside of its island, we get the opposite effect. All of your training in other skills pays of for this skill.

Yes. So? That's what minigames are about. A new skill should mean you train in a new way, not by rehashing all of the existing skills.

When you are doing any skill aside from slayer, where does your slayer level mean anything? Is slayer therefore a bad skill also? Slayer is not a part of the RS world any more than dungeoneering. At least Dungeoneering uses all your other skills. Slayer just uses combat. You gain some benefits from having other skills, like the ability to use shortcuts, and overloads, etc. But none of it is really a part of the skill.

Yes, everyone brings up Slayer. But guess what? Saying Dungeoneering is like Slayer is not anything to be proud of. It's an old skill, and one of the least integrated. They should be moving forward, not backward.

And Dungeoneering is STILL worse than Slayer. You use the products of other skills, like Smithing and Fletching and Farming and Herblore, to make items to help with Slayer. You can't with Dungeoneering. You in turn get resources via Slayer that help train other skills. Not with Dungeoneering. Slayer is trained across the entire RS map. Not Dungeoneering.

And so on. It's not even comparable.

Where do I use Hunter aside from when I am training hunter?

Let's see. Ever use a spotted or spottier cape when training Agility? Ever make a spirit kyatt? Gloves of silence? Extreme ranging potion?

Hunter is a resource skill and is integrated into the game via the resources it provides. Other skills, like Agility, are integrated by the abilities they provide.

Dungeoneering is neither. It is no more integrated into the game than Barbarian Assault is. (In fact, it's arguably worse!)

Where do I use farming aside from when I am farming in farming patches?

Herblore. Combat. Cooking. Crafting. Are you serious?

You must have missed the part where there is a list of 20 rewards you can use outside of the game.

Yes, every minigame has a list of rewards you get by turning in tokens for things you do in a pocket world. Very much the point.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Because they're items, not the skill. Only the rewards from the skill offer anything outside of it. The skill itself offers *nothing* outside of itself. That was my point. As well as a skill this size should have more of those reward items at least.

So what can you do with Slayer aside from obtain items? What can you do with hunter except to kill things and obtain their items?

If the Dung rewards were obtained from a monster drop instead of bought from a store, would you stop illogically complaining? Becuase most skills have nothing to offer except for the items that you harvest from them. Farming has no effect on runescape except for the items that you farm.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

If that's all you require for something to be considered a skill, then I guess Dungeoneering qualifies.

So do Barbarian Assault, Stealing Creation and Fist of Guthix.

And half the quests too.

It's nice to have low standards.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

By your definition, since Stealing Creation 'gives' something to almost every skill, it is legit enough to be a Claying skill.

Reason:

It 'gives' SC tools.

You get points off it.

The point is, just because the process has a by-product used in another, it means that both processes are linked.

If the Dung rewards were obtained from a monster drop instead of bought from a store, would you stop illogically complaining? Becuase most skills have nothing to offer except for the items that you harvest from them. Farming has no effect on runescape except for the items that you farm.

The short answer is, yes. It is about making sense. Why does fletching requires logs and knife, and not trading logs for tokens, and then trading some tokens for yew longbows and some tokens for fletching EXP?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Where do I use farming aside from when I am farming in farming patches?

Herblore. Combat. Cooking. Crafting. Are you serious?

You must have missed the part where there is a list of 20 rewards you can use outside of the game.

Yes, every minigame has a list of rewards you get by turning in tokens for things you do in a pocket world. Very much the point.

In those skills you mentioned, you are not using the skill itself, you are using the item. The items from Farming are used in other areas, just like the items from Dung are used outside of Dung.

And if we obtain the Dung rewards from tokens, so what? Its still a product of something they call a skill. I could say that seeds are a token that you turn in for Farming crops.

Myweponsgood.gif

Somebody strike my comments before.

This skill is good.

Real good.

Best update since construction.

It might take me a month to hit level 30 but its fun at complexity 6 while soloing.

Its more D&D + runescape puzzle/skill mania than wow raiding .

It just needs some agility stuff and it would be perfect.

Anybody moaning about there being no rewards outside of the dungeon can't read.

There is a whole fricken page of over-powered rewards in KB.

The best shields in the game, the best weapons in the game, something to get you seeds back, something to automatically bury bones, best mage prayer and so on and on and on.

Stop crying about the costs... reminds me of when I got most of the stuff from the mage training arena and then you crybabies screamed so loud that they cut all the prices in half and I busted my [wagon] for nothing.

This is like the second coming of slayer.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

By your definition, since Stealing Creation 'gives' something to almost every skill, it is legit enough to be a Claying skill.

Reason:

It 'gives' SC tools.

You get points off it.

The point is, just because the process has a by-product used in another, it means that both processes are linked.

I'm not making an argument that Dung is very unlike a mini game. I am making the argument that many skills are, in many respects, not very different from a mini game.

Myweponsgood.gif

Slayer can also be trained anywhere. Also Slayer allows you to get the items randomly and better items as well as you progress.

The rewards from Dungeoneering are not a product of the skill, but a by-product of the skill by a means of reward token. This, as a skill and defined as a skill, is rubbish.

But I guess since it's Jagex they can redefine what a skill is to suit their purposes in the game way they went back and redefined what a Grandmaster quest is so they can legitimize quest with as much depth as a children's kiddie pool, Nomad's Requiem.

If that's all you require for something to be considered a skill, then I guess Dungeoneering qualifies.

So do Barbarian Assault, Stealing Creation and Fist of Guthix.

And half the quests too.

What qualifies Construction to be a skill? Your POH is an isolated world. It has the following effects on the game:

Tele tabs

Portals

Guilded altar

A bank designed for your costumes

A bank for your pets

Where is this long list of construction benefits? It seems Dung already has more benefits than a skill that was added a long time ago.

Myweponsgood.gif

Slayer can also be trained anywhere.

This is a stupid argument. We just got Kuradels dungeon, where you can ONLY go if you are training slayer. Kuradels dungeon is isolated from the world.

And guess what, people love that dungeon, and want to see more places like it where you can only slay the beasts if you are doing slayer.

So the players want the skill to be more like that. When we recieve Kuradels dungeon so well, how can we tell them that we want the new skill to be on the opposite track?

Myweponsgood.gif

You know what I mean Dung. At least there are different places where it can be done, and many places where different assigned Slayer monsters are. It also provides less autonomy in that you can switch the creatures up. Placing aside the skill/minigame argument I find this skill to be overly slow, overly repetitive, and flat out not fun.

And I only brought up Slayer because you brought up Slayer. Strictly speaking it is a hard skill to defend when comparing to this crap skill.

because firemaking actually provides anything (except ashes)

Lets not drag fm into this, their been many topics complaining about the uselessness of fm.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

because firemaking actually provides anything (except ashes)

Lets not drag fm into this, their been many topics complaining about the uselessness of fm.

God people have griped about that skill since 2003, or at least since I started. Honestly, that is the most worthless skill there is in the game.

Slayer can also be trained anywhere. Also Slayer allows you to get the items randomly and better items as well as you progress.

The rewards from Dungeoneering are not a product of the skill, but a by-product of the skill by a means of reward token. This, as a skill and defined as a skill, is rubbish.

But I guess since it's Jagex they can redefine what a skill is to suit their purposes in the game way they went back and redefined what a Grandmaster quest is so they can legitimize quest with as much depth as a children's kiddie pool, Nomad's Requiem.

MHL - I thoroughly enjoyed this skill all the way up until 4 hours ago... when I learned that - get this - I was gaining XP too fast.

Even F2P runecrafting trains faster than this mini-activi-skill.

I enjoy the skill... I hate the xp rates. And I dislike the fact that Jagex has taken a stance against me, the "5% that will be affected".

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I can honestly say I have not found one aspect of this skill repetitive, apart from not having the requirements to open certain doors. That is frustrating :P

Yes, ok, Daemonheim is the portal to the landscape, at the moment there are 3 settings of Dungeon (and judging from the music book, I think that's it), which ok isn't the most variety in the world, but I still remain happy that I'm not being bored by doing the same movements over and over, as say I am during, firemaking, construction, prayer, agility, mining, fletching, crafting, thieving, runecrafting, woodcutting..

har%27lakk.png

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!