12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting concept, I think that this skill has much potential. Wonder what direction jagex will take it...who knows? Maybe they will add some explorable outdoor areas as well.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I'll be completely honest: I haven't played it yet. My initial impressions, even after reading through the KB, are that this is just an extremely complex minigame that doesn't have grinding and solves Runescape's 'instanced dungeon' issue...except all these items are untradable.

The amount of work put into this is phenomenal. It looks impressive. But when I hear "Dungeoneering" I just can't help thinking Dungeons and Dragons. And, heck, when that happens I sort of start to froth at the mouth a bit and lash out irrationally...Ah well.

Off to try it, still disgruntled.

hzvjpwS.gif

Edit my team had it...

Personally i found that being a high lvl and teaming with a low lvl that has high range gets about 300+ xp a dungeon and it's pretty easy overall. I run at complexity 6, and we usually fight pretty low lvl creatures. The bosses are usually pushovers as well. It's been much faster for me than soloing.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Got to level 15, then remembered I had a responsibility called "Shattered Heart". It's fun and a different direction. It's not the same old grinding skill you would see on an MMO like this. It is actually quite an imaginative skill. I never hyped myself for this skill, but I love it.

goblin512.png

When I read the news about dungeoneering I was quite excited. After playing it a little I still like the idea but feel they may have over done it by far to much far to early. I mean hell I am only on level three and I just feel massively overwhelmed with everything. It took me almost two hours to get through the place (yielding a little over 100 exp) and the partner I had while a fairly decent player skill wise was for lack of better words [developmentally delayed]ed. He choose to run through the dungeon as quickly as possible ignoring the fact that we should collect items to make better armor and weapons and then complained continuously that I wasn't helping since I was gathering items to make it easier. About halfway through he just quit which actually made it easier since I no longer had to share items and could go at a reasonable pace. Either way adding in all the skills with all the selections and all the new items is so confusing and it is hard to adjust. I think the lower levels of the place should only drop lower items and higher levels should only give higher items so it is easier to keep everything straight. I know people would hate using crappy items but I just feel that the learning curve is so steep for this skill. Finally I don't even want to think about the bosses on further levels. I just fought the Luminescent Icefiend and he gave me a royal smack down. I died three times on him using all tier 9 equipment with a high level summoning creature. I mean this skill will be near impossible to explore on your own it appears. So all in all seems like a fun skill I just feel they add to much to soon (maybe I should just keep to lower complexity but then I feel my wide range of skills is just wasted) and made it far to difficult to early, I could understand bosses like that around dungeon level ten but level 3. Guess time will tell. Also does anyone have any advice to leveling I'm really curious to see how the people got as far as they did so quickly because I am leveling very slowly.

All skills 80+

My only complaint with the update is that it is completely a Minigame. I really wish Jagex hadn't advertised it as a new skill. I think a lot of the negative talk about the skill would go away if Jagex were to just take it off the Skills list, and move it to the minigame's highscores.

It sounds like a pretty fun minigame though. Minigame. Activity. Not skill, because it is simply not a skill. Not one at all, because this is runescape not funorb.

Stellactic.gif

Awesome skill. I tend to lag when i am inside the dungeon. And killing a prometheus warrior at level 9 was way more diffiuclt than boss. Good thing my friend was ranging it too. Found it more pleasant with friends. We both use the resources to gain xp and armour/weps, and dont rush straight to the end like most <_<

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I'm a little bit confused about this "prestige" modifier thing... I'm getting 0 pres when I'm farming the lowest level I possibly can. Ok, so the logical thing to do would start about 5 floor prior and work back to the lowest level for better exp. Only I get 0 pres 5 floors back, too :unsure: What the hell?

I'm a little bit confused about this "prestige" modifier thing... I'm getting 0 pres when I'm farming the lowest level I possibly can. Ok, so the logical thing to do would start about 5 floor prior and work back to the lowest level for better exp. Only I get 0 pres 5 floors back, too :unsure: What the hell?

Prestige is for doing something you haven't done before. Leave you dungeon, leave your party, and press the reset button on your ring. Do the dungeons again and you will see you get xp for prestige now.

jpegsigtest.jpg

I must say this skill was surprising but I actually liked it a lot. Everything was really fun, until I got in a group with my friends who are all 130+ and we decided to do a lvl 6 complexity dungeon.

It was me (135) and 3 others (132, 135, 136) and it was only floor 3, complexity 6. The dungeon itself was 23 rooms and took us over 5 hours to get through everything. Everything still seemed good, get the boss get xp, good night. Then we find that the boss is Gluttonous Behemoth unlike any we've seen before. It's level 613 and wipes the floor with us. It uses magic and melee randomly and can hit over 650, tearing through tier 9 armor and our max melee stats don't seem to matter. This would all be fine if it wasn't for the fact that if you don't block the food, it heals back up to its 16000 lp 500 at a time. So after about 6 hours of being in this stupid dungeon and dying over 15 times each we gave up.

tl;dr we met the hardest boss ever and wasted 6 hours.

Eternis.png

I must say this skill was surprising but I actually liked it a lot. Everything was really fun, until I got in a group with my friends who are all 130+ and we decided to do a lvl 6 complexity dungeon.

It was me (135) and 3 others (132, 135, 136) and it was only floor 3, complexity 6. The dungeon itself was 23 rooms and took us over 5 hours to get through everything. Everything still seemed good, get the boss get xp, good night. Then we find that the boss is Gluttonous Behemoth unlike any we've seen before. It's level 613 and wipes the floor with us. It uses magic and melee randomly and can hit over 650, tearing through tier 9 armor and our max melee stats don't seem to matter. This would all be fine if it wasn't for the fact that if you don't block the food, it heals back up to its 16000 lp 500 at a time. So after about 6 hours of being in this stupid dungeon and dying over 15 times each we gave up.

tl;dr we met the hardest boss ever and wasted 6 hours.

Defence and max hits on bosses scale up very unfairly with multiple players =s

It's not like with more players, you can expect to have substantially better armaments

never go with more than 2-3 people in a group.

Solo bosses are fairly easy so long as you don't screw something up

THIS MINIGAME TAKES TOO LONG TO LEVEL

lol, had to say it.

I hit lvl 35, but I think I'm simply better off waiting til tears of guthix comes by.

At least I'll be spending less time repeating the same floors, and I can get to my first reset more quickly.

Naaxi.png

Just hit lvl 30 :D ranked 105th

4qlhcp.png

I like this skill, it is like a minigame yes, but it has way more variation then for example mining.

That's a good thing :D

how many tokens do you have?

just wondering how much more you get by then

What kind of XP rates are you gettin and how long are games taking?

It's a bit late but if you're still interested

I do,

- f2p

- small dungeon

- complexity 6

- only kill the necessary monsters

And I think f2p is easier, the monsters are only like lvl 18.

Also I think I got like 1k xp every dungeon and I could do like 2 or 3 an hour.

Now my rank is down to 1k+ :(

O and about the tokens, I didn't get to much like 10:1 xp:token but I handed them in for xp.

There seem to be two theories... rush to the boss and one item... or take your time, find the right armour, stock up on webspinners, solve puzzles for exp bonus,then take no damage at the boss because you are a tank.

There seem to be two theories... rush to the boss and one item... or take your time, find the right armour, stock up on webspinners, solve puzzles for exp bonus,then take no damage at the boss because you are a tank.

Websnippers ftw.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I'm still kinda confused at the moment. Does the combat/skill levels of the members of a party affect how strong the monsters are in the dungeon or is that decided only by the ring settings?

I don't wanna team with a bunch of lower levels and end up face to face with logs that require 90+ firemaking to get through.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Anyone know the fastest way to train this atm? (like soloing complex 6 or doing parties?) Me and 4 friends all lvl 120+ (except me ofc :P) went in a dungeon and it took like 3 hours to get to the barrage prayer nub boss who wrecked us completely with 5+ deaths each. Was fail. And i only grew from lvl 9 to 10 from the dungeon. I want faster leveling than that -_-.

The bosses for this skill/minigame in disguise are godlike lol.

EDIT: I find it great when you need 104 runecrafting to open a door tbh. :wall:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Another question about the presige bonus: If say, I reset my game, do I need to raid all of the floors again before I reset again to get the max prestige bonus? For example, I can currently go down to level 15. I've currently done the first 5 floors. If I skip straight to floor 13 and descend down to floor 15, will my prestige bonus after the next reset be 15, or 8? Ie, do I need to do all of the intermediate floors again?

Just hit lvl 30 :D ranked 105th

4qlhcp.png

I like this skill, it is like a minigame yes, but it has way more variation then for example mining.

That's a good thing :D

how many tokens do you have?

just wondering how much more you get by then

What kind of XP rates are you gettin and how long are games taking?

It's a bit late but if you're still interested

I do,

- f2p

- small dungeon

- complexity 6

- only kill the necessary monsters

And I think f2p is easier, the monsters are only like lvl 18.

Also I think I got like 1k xp every dungeon and I could do like 2 or 3 an hour.

Now my rank is down to 1k+ :(

O and about the tokens, I didn't get to much like 10:1 xp:token but I handed them in for xp.

WOW I cannot thank you enough dude, this is an awesome tip! For all those looking to train this skill quickly(relatively) this is how you do it! I tried going f2p for 1 dungeon round solo, was able to get 240 xp in 10 mins! You're a lifesaver dude thank you so much. Does anyone know the best melee weapon for f2p?

I wish I had known about how good f2p was earlier would have saved me a lot of headache lol.

At first I thought the concept of this being a skill was ridiculous, but then I began to think about it.

Yes, everything about the way this things runs screams "It's a minigame!" but I believe that when Jagex was adapting this into Runescape, but certain things make somewhat sense here. The requirment of levels to buy certain equipments and the like could easily have done through "ranks" or something similar, but having 1-99 available ranks fits into a skill fairly well.

Also, nowhere does it say that Demonheim IS Dungeoneering. Demonheim is simply the only way to Dungeoneer. Have you not considered the possibility of other Instance Areas in the future? Having them all be able to tie each other together through dungeoneering is the best way to do this.

And lastly, I honestly don't give a damn what it's called. It's fun and I like it, so I'm going to play it even if the title seems a might bit off.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

At first I thought the concept of this being a skill was ridiculous, but then I began to think about it.

Yes, everything about the way this things runs screams "It's a minigame!" but I believe that when Jagex was adapting this into Runescape, but certain things make somewhat sense here. The requirment of levels to buy certain equipments and the like could easily have done through "ranks" or something similar, but having 1-99 available ranks fits into a skill fairly well.

Also, nowhere does it say that Demonheim IS Dungeoneering. Demonheim is simply the only way to Dungeoneer. Have you not considered the possibility of other Instance Areas in the future? Having them all be able to tie each other together through dungeoneering is the best way to do this.

And lastly, I honestly don't give a damn what it's called. It's fun and I like it, so I'm going to play it even if the title seems a might bit off.

Instanced sailing areas :P

TUBULAR BELLS!