12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

primalboots.jpg

Fail JPG but who cares

Are items like only useable inside dongeons? Or can they be used outside as well?

Can only be used inside, as far as I'm aware

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck?

Max mage strength bonus is like +30% on equipment with the new mage amulet. Total is +30% + 21% (pots) = %51...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I love the new skill!

Not that I have tried it out yet, or not that i will in any time soon, but i just love how my slayer areas have cleared up. Havent seen anyone in kuradals dungeon yet :D.

I'm gonna wait until the dust clears a bit, if it is as useful as it seems (lvl 21 for prayer) and other stuff then probably will level to a reasonable level. No point hurrying down there now, the skill will still be there when i lvl a little more of my slayer. :)

Purekilljoy.png

primalboots.jpg

Fail JPG but who cares

Are items like only useable inside dongeons? Or can they be used outside as well?

Can only be used inside, as far as I'm aware

They should be used outside as well, so as to curb inflation.

PS: I hope they release a new room for Construction called Armoury so we can show off some of our Dungeoneering equipment or whatnot. It would also be nice to be able to put a Daemonheim teleportal in your house.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

The general response on the RSOF is of distaste, shock, and (in some cases) outrage at this [cabbage]-stain of a 'skill'.

One guy has canceled three memberships and is trying to get all three accounts permanently banned.

fuer grissa ost drauka

"Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary, cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no committment that overrides that one. Cut. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance of life: death. It is the dance with death."

"Dance with me, Death." Bringer of death. "I am ready."

I hope this update is just a start. This skill could tie everything together so nicely and i really hope they do what they did for summoning and kinda re release it.

I am really not finding it enjoyable atm.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

The general response on the RSOF is of distaste, shock, and (in some cases) outrage at this [cabbage]-stain of a 'skill'.

One guy has canceled three memberships and is trying to get all three accounts permanently banned.

I am wondering a bit why. I mean slayer is the most popular skill among players and is basically the kill X of Y quest made into a skill. Dungeoneering just seems raiding wrapped in a little box. Why do players dislike raiding?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

What they need to do is make it not a skill. It's a minigame, everything in how it functions pushes it that way. Reward tokens? That's a minigame concept. Team play? Once again, minigame concept. A single training area? Minigame. Using all other skills, both combat and non-combat, to progress? Yep... minigame.

fuer grissa ost drauka

"Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary, cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no committment that overrides that one. Cut. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance of life: death. It is the dance with death."

What they need to do is make it not a skill. It's a minigame, everything in how it functions pushes it that way. Reward tokens? That's a minigame concept. Team play? Once again, minigame concept. A single training area? Minigame. Using all other skills, both combat and non-combat, to progress? Yep... minigame.

Sure, what is slayer? Some dude tell you to kill X of Y, what is that? A fetch quest, does it stop the skill becomes the most popular? No. The question here is not if is a skill or minigame, the question should more be is it FUN.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I just did 5 lvls solo and it is pretty doable, but it's getting harder, so i can imagine that a team is required within a few lvls. I don't see how that is a bad thing though, just get a decent team like with BA. It also seems to me that it was intended to be a seperate game, but implemented within Rs, but because of the sheer size of it they made it a skill.

Love the rewards <3:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Well im stuck at work but from what i have been reading it seems more like a minigame but its also seems like it will be very fun reminds me of Zelda and getting through the dungeons or towers to fight the bosses at the end of them. I love the update but as a skill it can not be ground out like most of the skills and i couldn't see myself going through 1 or 2 dungeons in a session it would get too repetitive.

Edtheripper, thanks for the item pic showing the name and stats, it's been added to our topic (http://forum.tip.it/topic/263204-dungeoneering-item-info-tipit-needs-you/ ) and you will be credited!

primalboots.jpg

Fail JPG but who cares

Everyone please feel free to post item data here http://forum.tip.it/topic/263204-dungeoneering-item-info-tipit-needs-you/ , even if it's only a jpg, showing us stats or the item name or examine or anything you can share. There are a LOT of items and we need info on all of them. You will be credited on the website!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Having read through the KB article, and without actually trying out the new 'skill', I'll just state why the skill pretty much kills my mood to try it out.

Firstly, the limits imposed on the skill, in particular how it doesn't incorporate resources from the outside world, and vice versa. Just go there with nothing on, and somehow everything would be provided for you in the dungeons. As a minigame? Sure. As a skill? Not really. The initation part of Dungeoneering doesn't integrate with other parts of the game at all. We have awesome armours and weapons in-game, clan chat, familiars to support us, potions, graves to prevent loss of items on death, and yet we get a 'safe skill' that provides the same thing within the training boundaries just so that there is no interaction between the world underground and above ground?

And for all the variety of food items, monsters, armour and weapons etc you see within the dungeon, you end up being able to get only a few new items (spread across multiple skills) above ground, not harvested from the dungeons that you've explored, but from trading your 'tokens' with a NPC. The ideas of some of the items were good and even useful, but from the perspective that I'm training a skill and not playing a minigame, somehow I don't see the link as to why this NPC has a truckload of bonecrusher, or chaotic weapons waiting for me to trade for them. Even within the variety of rewards, what you get compared to what you saw in the dungeons is pathetic.

Meleers get: one level 80 shield, three level 80 weapons.

Rangers get: one level 80 shield, one level 80 weapon, one pair of attack boosting glove.

Magers get: one level 80 shield, one level 80 weapon, one amulet up to level 70, two skilling staves, one shield slot item for infinite water runes. You got the best deal mages. :thumbup:

Not that I'm boasting, but if this is supposed to be the skill of all skills, I can come up with a better 'dungeoneering' skill (I'll call it raiding) that introduces more new resources to the outside world, allows you to bring every single item out of the dungeon without overpowering the rest unnecessarily, and provide more endgame fun that can expand levels after levels beyond 120.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

The only items usable outside the dungeons seem to be:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/dungeoneering_rewards

I'm interested in 3 rewards which total to 143k tokens(~1.43m xp)

Gem and coal bag are pouches for gems(100 gems storeable)/mining(27 coal storeable).Bonecrusher,if kept in your inventory, will turn the bones dropped by monsters into prayer xp.

I agree with Ravian on the reward part. It is really lacking and Jagex should definitely add more in there, perhaps incorporate some dungeon items like blood necklace as rewards.

11-1.jpg[

Magers get: one level 80 shield, one level 80 weapon, one amulet up to level 70, two skilling staves, one shield slot item for infinite water runes. You got the best deal mages. :thumbup:

So it wasn't just me who thought the mages benefit the most from this update...

+30% damage boost for a staff.Gf sol?

To be honest, there could very well be an expansion pack coming in the upcoming months, just like Summoning.

Here are some suggestions, though.

-Make more areas to train the skill besides Daemonheim

-Add Dungeoneering-related content to Construction for use in a POH (such as an Armoury room, etc)

-Make weapons from Dungeoneering able to be used outside.

-Add higher level armor and bonuses (which I assume will be done anyway).

-Make single-player dungeons so people aren't forced to play in groups, but they earn a little less experience in the process.

-Allow players to get more fame within the Fremennik clan through their progress in Dungeoneering. (i.e. You are referred to as "Rillim the Mighty".)

As far as feedback, I've only heard positive comments (other than the few comments above this post). The majority of people seem to like the new skill/minigame (whatever you want to call it, doesn't matter). However, there are complaints coming from the group aspect of it.

There definitely needs to be an alternative for people who don't want to play with other people. Maybe a single-player option could substitute teammates with NPC Fremennik warriors?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Seriously, you need to take off all of your armour? WOW once again jagex does that. They just hate f2p players with skillcapes... :mellow:

Arghhh, seriously? <_<

~Dan

Either way, just discovered that someone changed my password again! And I've scanned my computer a couple times through finding nothing...and I only play RS on this one computer. And I don't share that password with any other sites, and as far as I know, haven't logged onto any "fake" RS sites. :unsure:

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I am wondering a bit why. I mean slayer is the most popular skill among players and is basically the kill X of Y quest made into a skill. Dungeoneering just seems raiding wrapped in a little box. Why do players dislike raiding?

If your Slayer skill involves banking all your favourite equipment and inventory items in order to enter instanced slayer locations, using non-tradeable (but cool looking) armours, weapons, food, potions and summoning pouches to kill the monsters, and you don't get loot nor slayer EXP from the monsters directly except more non-tradeable food/potion to sustain your trip, but you get TOKENS based on how fast you took and average damage, and then you trade for EXP and abyssal whips which would be non-tradeable again, and returning all the non-tradeable equipment back once you're done..... :mellow:

Talk about poor integration with other skill resources and draconian rules imposed to 'prevent' imbalance in the game.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Sure, what is slayer? Some dude tell you to kill X of Y, what is that? A fetch quest, does it stop the skill becomes the most popular? No. The question here is not if is a skill or minigame, the question should more be is it FUN.

No, as a matter of fact, I don't think it's fun at all. Not as a skill, anyway. The experience gains are based on the overall performance of the entire team, leaving your experience gains at the mercy of others. That is no way for a skill to function. Slayer makes sense in the way it's set up, you get experience by what you kill. What you kill. Not by what someone else kills.

Also, what the hell does this mean? -> "A fetch quest, does it stop the skill becomes the most popular?" <- That sentence makes absolutely no sense to me.

fuer grissa ost drauka

Group Skill? :shock:

I think I just died a little inside.

I kind of support this. :P

Group skilling has never appealed to me, and right now this new skill isnt really "Super Awesome" in my eyes.

I tried doing a round solo, I was torn to pieces and it took forever.