12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

RSOF is full of idiots who have seen a new update for 10 minutes and already judged it?

G

As opposed to the people here who have seen it for the exact same length of time and are raving about how cool it is?

10 minutes is 10 minutes.

:wall:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFGOMFGOMFGNEWSKILLOMGOMGOMG

WHYYY must I be at college where Runescape is filtered!?!? *scream*

I don't know what to think yet, except big props to Ren for being epic as usual and predicting the skill.

I just hope you don't HAVE to work in groups, but I need to read more. I'm in a state of shock atm... :ohnoes:

you do have to work in groups, and it's fun that way anyway

OMFGOMFGOMFGNEWSKILLOMGOMGOMG

WHYYY must I be at college where Runescape is filtered!?!? *scream*

I don't know what to think yet, except big props to Ren for being epic as usual and predicting the skill.

I just hope you don't HAVE to work in groups, but I need to read more. I'm in a state of shock atm... :ohnoes:

you do have to work in groups, and it's fun that way anyway

Well then I just hope you don't have to find your own people then, since I certainly don't know enough :P

I'm going to reserve all judgements until I've tried it later on.

Just thank God that I'm having an injection today and I get to leave college early. I WAS planning to come back in for a lesson but I don't think so now :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

The skill is designed so if you want to get the most of it you must play in groups.

So we have an entire skill where you are stuck with the usual choice of playing with random idiots who happen to be on the server when you are there, or trying to coordinate schedules with friends. Wonderful.

And yes, at first glance this does seem more like a large minigame than a skill, in part because it is so segregated and requires very special treatment in every way.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The new dungeoneering skill = EPIC.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a team to work along with me, lol.

And lol level 120? True skill mastery... that's nearly 200M exp... :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The skill is designed so if you want to get the most of it you must play in groups.

So we have an entire skill where you are stuck with the usual choice of playing with random idiots who happen to be on the server when you are there, or trying to coordinate schedules with friends. Wonderful.

I hear ya. Looks like I'll slag through to 30 and let TOG do the rest.

PvP is not for me

Well, I'm not going to give up on it entirely, but I do think this will make advanced training cumbersome.

It's also going to make writing a detailed guide for this skill extremely difficult.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I hear ya. Looks like I'll slag through to 30 and let TOG do the rest.

Crying that it's not another sand-box single player skill?

Should accomodate for the no friends out there eh. :-?

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

It's a valid choice for Jagex to make, but it has an undeniable impact on those who mostly play solo. Multiplayer means interaction with other players and doesn't necessarily mean having to be tied to the hip.

signew2.png

damn it, now everyone is going to be raiding and I am only 12.5k dragon bones away from 95 prayer...where the hell am I going to find an altar now? <_<

PS: Oh I forgot, this is AWESOME for clans, hey I just might be back to PKM after this.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Already lvl 5 :thumbsup:

Although I have the feeling that they just made a skill out of a minigame.

Everybody wants to go to heaven; but nobody wants to die.

"I used to think Runescape was called Run-escape": Idea for a facebookgroup?

Crying that it's not another sand-box single player skill?

Should accomodate for the no friends out there eh. :-?

It's been accomodated for - with TOG, Penguin Points, lamps, etc. al.

If they had made it a minigame or diversion, you wouldn't have been able to skip the "skill" with these methods, so I sort of applaud Jagex for that.

PvP is not for me

"Members only. Requires a Prayer level of 21 and a Dungeoneering level of 21. If you have a bonecrusher in your inventory, dropped bones from monster kills will automatically be converted into Prayer XP. "

This really gotten my attention.

Very usefull when slayeing :o

And the slide to WoW-dom begins...

Right, because WoW is the only and the first game with instanced dungeons and by having instanced dungeons makes a game WoW. See I am fine with reasonable arguements, but this is just ridiculous.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I said WoW because that's the biggest and well known of those.

It wasn't the Instance Dungeons that I was sighting either. It was the group play aspect that WoW is practically entirely reqired to play. This is the first step towards that.

I also think this is the final break between me and Jagex.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.