12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

After playing for an hour, I just don't like it. I played the free for all option, and got to level 4 dungeoneering, but then I couldn't defeat the last boss (the prayer switching one) on my own, even at level 122 combat -.- The fact is, you need to play in a party/team. There's almost no choice not to, and tbh that really sucks.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really addicting. :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

The game sounds very impressive, but I kind of wish there was a solo option?

I am reminded of Barbarian Assault with this skill, and the tortures that having a low skill can cause. Also, part of what I enjoy about most of runescape is my ability to just log in and log off at any minute should I suddenly decide to do something else. If I have to find a group every time I want to play this skill, it wont be easy.

Also, could someone explain the whole max level 120 thing? I'm not really sure why they chose that.

Overall, it looks fun, though I have a few gripes.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

After playing for an hour, I just don't like it. I played the free for all option, and got to level 4 dungeoneering, but then I couldn't defeat the last boss (the prayer switching one) on my own, even at level 122 combat -.- The fact is, you need to play in a party/team. There's almost no choice not to, and tbh that really sucks.

Join a clan :thumbup: , if this is the clan support update Jagex was promising us about, in the form of a skill, then I am EXTREMELY satisfied.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I'd give anything for this to be a failure. I'm hoping the community completely rejects the skill because of it's group aspect.

Sure, and I am hoping this is going to be a great success because of the group aspect.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

What people also need to bear in mind is that this is the first day of the skill, like previous skills i'm sure there are plenty of updates to come to improve it, such as solo play or even NPC teammates.

and wow, true skill mastery is 104m xp :wall:

How the [bleep] do you defeat the gluttonous behemoth? He keeps healing to full health...

stand in front of his food

Although I haven't tried it out yet (ya, Im being a hypocrite), the skill sounds like its an epic minigame, but Jagex decided to slap on the word "skill" to it and put it in the skill menu so they'd get more winz.

Gee, another slayer skill :mellow:

Join a clan :thumbup: , if this is the clan support update Jagex was promising us about, in the form of a skill, then I am EXTREMELY satisfied.

I can see your point, but did they have to introduce a clan based activity as a skill? No other skill in the game requires a team to successfully train it.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

What people also need to bear in mind is that this is the first day of the skill, like previous skills i'm sure there are plenty of updates to come to improve it, such as solo play or even NPC teammates.

and wow, true skill mastery is 104m xp :wall:

No, no it won't be. This will be a group skill through and through and frankly, that just disgusts me.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

For those wondering, you CAN play solo. I'm just unsure of how practical it is to do so. I'm so curious as to what the level 120 "true skill mastery" is. It's not explained in the KB as far as I can tell.

This skill is so incredibly complex. There's so much to learn. I tried for about twenty minutes (in a random party) and got to level three before I gave up and read the entire KB article. It does seem like Stealing Creation: Deluxe Edition, but I think it's a very cool concept for a skill. It's 5:25am here, and I've been up all night. I can't go to bed because I'm too excited. :geek:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You mean you can solo it like how you solo in WoW? You have to be a super high level and it's hard as hell? Yay, fun... <_<

That is my idea of fun, actually, though I don't know (and neither do you) if that's the case.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You mean you can solo it like how you solo in WoW? You have to be a super high level and it's hard as hell? Yay, fun... <_<

Or you can see it as a great challenge and train your behind up. Is all a matter of perspective, and to be frank, your perspective is lacking.

11-1.jpg[

That is my idea of fun, actually, though I don't know (and neither do you) if that's the case.

Clearly it's designed for groups and that makes me not want to play it. There are *tons* of group RPGs out there. RS was great because it was so easy to play Solo. Why did they spoil that?

Grom how is my perspective lacking? Because it's different than yours and I dislike group play?

Lol at all the people whining/half moaning is a "group" skill.

You fail.

KB CLEARLY says you need a group of 1 - 5 players, and explains how you form a party with ur ring then just head down the staircases (to right n left of castle doors) on ur own and can do it on your own.

I've played a bit on my own and found it quite enjoyable, they only thing I noted is despite the fact I got up to complexity 3 and had all these other skills unlocked at no point (unless buying from the smuggler) did I come across ANY of the supplies (eg mining sites) to actually make use of the skills. And despite the KB saying skills would be required to get through even on complexity 3 I combatted all the way through.

Rewards wise.

The Scroll of Life seems epic for money saving while farming.

The 2 prayers u can unlock seem handy.

The frost book (unlimited water runes) seems epic for ancientness (whack tht on with SOL or w/e and barrtage baby)

The poison totem seems like it culd be good to wear against some annoying monsters while slaying (like the kalphites hu poison)

The bonecrusher seems like a worthy inventory space taker for tasks like trolls etc where u can sacrifice the space, as it means u get the small prayer xp without extra effort

Also loving these new "damage" splats tht show what u heal, if they arent jsut inside the castle culd prove interesting for pking etc

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

paw, if there is a viable, and I say viable, option for players to solo the dungeon than I will admit that I was wrong.

However from everything I've seen here and heard from friends in order to do it in any effective way you need a group.

Well, I'm not usually one to judge things quickly, and I certainly haven't given up on this by any means, but so far I am unimpressed.

This is not a skill, it's a minigame. And that's not because of the group aspect necessarily, it's because this skill is ENTIRELY segregated from the rest of RuneScape. I mean, you can't take anything from the rest of RS inside, all of the ores and fish and everything inside are totally different, and the only impact I see of this on other skills is a handful of special rewards you buy with tokens. That's a minigame, folks.

Now, I don't think that's necessarily all bad, but after waiting over two years for the next skill, I was kinda hoping for a... skill.

PS I log out to go to the bathroom and when I log back in I've left the dungeon? Great.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Clearly it's designed for groups and that makes me not want to play it. There are *tons* of group RPGs out there. RS was great because it was so easy to play Solo. Why did they spoil that?

Grom how is my perspective lacking? Because it's different than yours and I dislike group play?

No, it is because you see things from a negative light. For example when God Wars first came out, everybody was sure that it was a group effort. Now people solo bandos for the lulz. Right now the new skill comes out and everyone is so sure that is a group effort, and I think the same. But are you so quick to proclaim that it cannot be soloed? If it can be soloed, you have just stated that it is then going to be too hard. What do you want then? A skill that is easy to train and solo related? Like runecrafting?

11-1.jpg[

paw, if there is a viable, and I say viable, option for players to solo the dungeon than I will admit that I was wrong.

However from everything I've seen here and heard from friends in order to do it in any effective way you need a group.

It's perfectly viable I just breezed through a few dungeons no problem alone.

Obviously if you don't have decent all round stats or lowish combat its gonna be tricky. But if all your stats are fairly decent you can easily do it by yourself, it is jsut a bit more challenege the same way soloing armadyl is

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue