The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

I need more t-shirts for the summer, so I've invested 100 $CND in these:

*Picture snip*

I personally adore the smoking granny, I can see myself wearing it ALL the time :thumbup:

I'm trying to get my hands on a few shirts with such designs myself but the only store that might sell them is Jay Jays, and the quality of the actual shirt material is very flimsy. Winters approaching, I dunno if I wanna buy a new jacket or not but I do know I need more effing jeans and a new pair of shoes. Soon as I get some money coming in and have my car squared away, Im dont some clothes shopping and tossing out the old weary stuff. (to the salvos bin)

bit like these two (had to screenshot+save+upload cause the site was flash embedded):

seuhbs.png

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Not particularly fond of #979 and #977.

Run of the Mill's selling a Mark McNairy oxford fun shirt for pretty cheap (70$). XS and S available.

http://runofthemillshop.com/product/picciano-plaid

300.jpg

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

What's everyone's opinion on the whole sockless/no break trend?

001.jpg

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Looks real silly with trousers, looks better with 3/4 lengths in my opinion.

Post examples of it looking good.

I'm a fan of the look, except the part where your shoes start to smell, that's why I'd recommend theses, http://moccsocks.myshopify.com/

I just put them in the freezer, that usually kills whatever's lingering inside (though it doesn't clean the actual filth that the bacteria feeds on).

Sockless I'm cool with, no break can look good like in your picture. I'm usually not a fan of the no break look, though. Some guys make it way too obvious how hard they're trying to follow trends. Reminds me of the picture here: http://www.thestyleblogger.com/reader-question-tom-vs-thom/

If it's rolled and barely there, I like it. When it's rolled up ten times, that's bad. Or just cut off real high. Goes against my upbringing, I suppose. Or something.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Say the length between your crotch and your ankle is 30 inches. If the inseam on your jeans is 32 inches, you have two inches of break. On the picture I posted, no break.

As far as I'm concerned, sockless is fine in the summer, and I'm all good with not having any break, but I think both at the same time looks bad, simply for the same reason I'd prefer not to wear pale peach socks. It's a bright flash of a color that usually doesn't fit with the others worn (on the picture above, pale orange and khaki? :mellow:). The texture of skin doesn't sit right with the fabrics, either.

I think the contrasting leather is what made it look bad, as well as the cross-stitching. Also, instead of having the coin/card patches centered, they should extend all the way to the edges of the wallet, like in one you might get at a store. It's the fact that it's obviously an amateur job that makes it look clunky. Nevertheless, it would be pretty cool to make your own leather accessories, I've wanted to try it out for a while now (especially since my belts keep breaking).

That's manly? I felt like I was reading a Martha Stewart article.

J'avoue. Not gonna lie though, I've always liked arts and crafts.

Have we discussed necklaces in this thread yet? I never wear one but sometimes I feel like purchasing a whole bunch of bling and just baller-out.

Actually the reason why I ask is because of the sweet wooden Celtic cross necklaces the brothers wear in Boondock Saints, I want one :ohnoes:

onemillionstar-1385881905011160591.jpg

[spoiler=two shirtless men]Boondock%20Saints.jpg

hiccup.png

Yes we have, I must have said something along the lines of "any ostentatious jewelry on guys is tacky IMO".

Yes we have, I must have said something along the lines of "any ostentatious jewelry on guys is tacky IMO".

I can act all bashful and pretend it was a gift from my dead Irish grandmother or something, it's not like I'd whip it out and wave it around everywhere. It's cool!

hiccup.png