The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys use any kind of anti-pimple cream. I do normal facewashing and it's pretty controlled but there are still a number of pimples.

I use clearsil. They have a large range of products for any skin type (dry, oily, etc.) I struggle with bad skin and it's helped me a lot after about a week or two of use.

I can never get into a routing of cleansing my skin... I always forget within two or three days.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Bought a tux. Figured it'll pay for itself after just a couple occasions and my brother was getting one anyway so I just went with it.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I only wash my sheets once a fortnight. Ive got 2 sets so I should get into a habit of once a week but its not like I sweat when sleeping. (Or in some peoples cases have sex every night and sweat everywhere)

Popoto.~<3

I only wash my sheets once a fortnight. Ive got 2 sets so I should get into a habit of once a week but its not like I sweat when sleeping. (Or in some peoples cases have sex every night and sweat everywhere)
I can never get into a routing of cleansing my skin... I always forget within two or three days.
FuryZ, on 20 March 2011 - 09:00 PM, said:

Do you guys use any kind of anti-pimple cream. I do normal facewashing and it's pretty controlled but there are still a number of pimples.

I use clearsil. They have a large range of products for any skin type (dry, oily, etc.) I struggle with bad skin and it's helped me a lot after about a week or two of use.

I wash my pillows and sheets every few nights, and use some bp cream i got from a pharmacy. Works pretty well. I try not to overwash my skin because that just makes everything worse.

...what does this have anything to do with style?

I mean I understand why people would talk about washing their denim jeans, but this.. eh?

hiccup.png

FuryZ, on 20 March 2011 - 09:00 PM, said:

I wash my pillows and sheets every few nights, and use some bp cream i got from a pharmacy. Works pretty well. I try not to overwash my skin because that just makes everything worse.

...what does this have anything to do with style?

I mean I understand why people would talk about washing their denim jeans, but this.. eh?

fool how u gonna be mad stylin' on ppl with acne on your face?

lmao. I lolled when I saw raw denim. Why do I ge tthe feeling that guide is straight off of sufu?

I might aswell contribute. I've been wearing raw denim for a couple years now. My starting pair was a pair of nudies (don't hate, I recommend them; although they aren't up to par in quality as say ironheart, they produce a great amount of fits that cater to every occasion. Also they tend to be made out of 11 ounce denim, which of course won't last as long as ironheart's signature 21oz.)

Right now I'm about a month into my skull 5010xx. Some fit pics.

jr60zq.jpg

iwprv8.jpg

skulls on rotation with a pair of 3sixteen BSP20, which I just got because selfedge was having a sale lol.

11c5e6d.jpg

xf7dh.jpg

I haven't been on tif in a while but I'll drop some more pics of my jawnz later. And to the above posters, I do not recommend APC or N&F; they are [cabbage] (yes i've had experience with both). You're better off buying a pair of nudies from selfedge with a sales coupon.

It is, I think Canadian[bleep] copypasted it one day on /fa/ and it just stuck.

How much would you say the weight of the denim matters in the warmth of the jeans?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

You must consider the fact that just because denim is labeled 14 oz denim does not mean it actually weighs 14 oz, the bigger the jeans are the more they weigh obviously. The weight of a denim actually corresponds to the weight of the denim when it is still a square yard of fabric.

And as for "warmth", the heavier the denim is the more warm it would be, theoretically. I can't stand wearing super heavy denim in the summer, it weighs me down and I sweat way too much. But the fit of the jeans can also change how "warm" they feel for you. Lighter weight denim won't hurt though, you can wear them throughout the summer and they would still keep your legs warm in the winter.

What's your max price for each of these items?

@ sufu guy: Alright, thanks. What jeans would you recommend instead of N&F and APC, in the same price ranges?

@ Shiny: You're just jealous of his fox fur detachable lapel

I just thought it looked like [cabbage], it's a bit ridiculous. But hey, I don't like his style but I mean him no disrespect. Props for doing what he likes.

I personally think not much else than white shirts look good with black jackets. Try to get your shirt to peek out of your cuffs:

hemd041.jpg

Also, look into getting some better shoes (but of course, they're expensive). I think Die! Workwear and Sartorially Inclined are great blogs for you.

I usually go for pretty cheap stuff, so not very expsenive. I guess it's hard cos I don't live in North America or the UK. I was more wondering about what ind of styles people are into at the moment.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I usually go for pretty cheap stuff, so not very expsenive. I guess it's hard cos I don't live in North America or the UK. I was more wondering about what ind of styles people are into at the moment.

People are moving away from workwear and Americana, and more towards dressy casual. It's probably not what you want to wear, frankly.

Also, you should try buying a few quality pieces, they'll cost you less in the long run. A good sweatshirt or sweater will cost less than three cheap ones.

I personally think not much else than white shirts look good with black jackets. Try to get your shirt to peek out of your cuffs:

hemd041.jpg

Also, look into getting some better shoes (but of course, they're expensive). I think Die! Workwear and Sartorially Inclined are great blogs for you.

The sleeves on that shirt were a bit small for me, I'd gained some muscle since I last wore it so it didn't go down my arm all the way haha.

Shoe wise, they're nicer than they look in that picture (And cost me roughly $80 or so)

I've narrowed my winter item needs down, tell me what you think, whether I should change add, or subtract. Etc.

1. Trench coat, or military style jacket. Might be a pea coat. Something heavy-ish, which looks stylish and is functional. Navy-coloured, [bleep] black.

2. Rugby shirt, blue and white striped preferably. Something I can layer up over (or under) shirts. Canterbury of NZ has them - http://www.canterburyofnz.com/ls-4hoop-teamtech-jersey-18.html.

3. Plaid shirt, heavy-ish. I don't really want to too heavily rely on thermals this winter.

4. Winter shoes, either some blue or tan suede Desert boots, or some leather lace up, brogue boots.

5. Heavy weight chinos, charcoal gray or navy. Preferably grey, i'm thinking.

Any suggestions, might forgo the plaid shirt. And as usual, i'll be stocking up on a few ties (gonna get my girlfriend to knit me one :)) and scarves, and am on the lookout for a suit. Formal dance coming up, semi-formal dress code, how does a 3 piece charcoal suit sound? Black suspenders (tie undecided as of now). Too badass?

lampost_sig_stark.png

I've narrowed my winter item needs down, tell me what you think, whether I should change add, or subtract. Etc.

1. Trench coat, or military style jacket. Might be a pea coat. Something heavy-ish, which looks stylish and is functional. Navy-coloured, [bleep] black.

2. Rugby shirt, blue and white striped preferably. Something I can layer up over (or under) shirts. Canterbury of NZ has them - http://www.canterburyofnz.com/ls-4hoop-teamtech-jersey-18.html.

3. Plaid shirt, heavy-ish. I don't really want to too heavily rely on thermals this winter.

4. Winter shoes, either some blue or tan suede Desert boots, or some leather lace up, brogue boots.

5. Heavy weight chinos, charcoal gray or navy. Preferably grey, i'm thinking.

Any suggestions, might forgo the plaid shirt. And as usual, i'll be stocking up on a few ties (gonna get my girlfriend to knit me one :)) and scarves, and am on the lookout for a suit. Formal dance coming up, semi-formal dress code, how does a 3 piece charcoal suit sound? Black suspenders (tie undecided as of now). Too badass?

Semi-formal? Three-piece, lose the jacket early on, dark tie, white shirt, nice and simple. If you're wearing a three-piece suit, suspenders don't much matter unless they're braces and holding up your pantalones.

If you want navy, I'd say pea coat. I prefer beige on my trenches.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream