The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

Chinos come in every colors, and they're pretty comfy, and a little more put together than boardshorts.

J. Crew announced a new collab today between themselves and Jesus Chirst, known around the blogosphere as JC. Together they will be producing a tunic that will make you look good while being nailed to a cross or for sitting in a sweltering church over the summer. Recently risen, Jesus Christ released a few comments about the collab. “I think this will improve the image of both brands. Evangelists will flock from everywhere to pick up a tunic, which is great for J. Crew. Plus, consumerists will become more aware of the fact that I died for their sins, which is always a plus for me. Seriously, pants won’t save your soul. I’d like to continue this relationship with J. Crew but we’ll have to see how this tunic sells.” J. Crew plans to do an exclusive online J. Crew X Jesus Christ look book. We were unable to contact Frank Muytjens (pronounced Muy-dooby-booby-gens) for comment on how successful he thought the collab would be but sources tell us that he was a doubting Thomas.

When Jesus was asked what trend he saw those three days he was dead, he responded, “Boot cut jeans, those are just bad. Peter wore those all the time. I can’t believe I trusted my church with him.” I concur.

Happy Easter. Enjoy the time with your family and your friends.

http://guidetobadtaste.blogspot.com

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how everyone putting on colored chinos calls them "go to hell" chinos as if they're taking a piss on Mount Rushmore or something...

Anyway.

a) You want your jeans to be slim.

b) You want your jeans to have little to no break. If they do, roll them. Ankle/socks should show

c) You want one pair of washed jeans. I'm not talking jeans with obvious whiskers and wear marks, just a pretty uniform fade.

d) You want a pair of chinos or khakis. A pair in this color would be nice, as Lent said, but khaki comes first in my mind.

Here's some inspiration:

http://thetrad.blogspot.com/2008/12/take-ivy-chapter-i.html

@Blake: What shirt fabrics/patterns do you already have, what jeans, belt, shoes?

I'll post a picture of what kind of clothes I usually wear - a button up shirt, I usually roll up the sleeves. I have a few dark slim-straight jeans I almost always wear. Shirt wise I have the one in the picture, a blue one like it, a slimmer dark blue/brown plaid one, vertical white/black stripes one, crimson color one, and a few others. I have a couple sweaters. I have the blue boat shoes I posted a page or two back, some brown leather ones, and black dress shoes that don't have laces, buckles or anything. No ties/neckwear, not very many belts. I was planning on getting some nicer jeans, like APCs or something. My dark slimstraight levi 514's are my favorite right now.

[hide]39879_450735956941_763271941_5982449_4147701_n.jpg[/hide]

2s0cxth.png

That's a funny picture.

Shoes are going to be your biggest problem. I don't know what to suggest, throw me a budget.

You could get a pair of chinos, a white OCBD shirt, and maybe a nice bow tie like people have been chatting about here. A blackwatch or green gingham pattern would be nice but I haven't looked at the fabrics she offers.

Apparently, APCs are overpriced [cabbage], you'd probably be better off lurking or asking on Styleforum and Superfuture as I don't know enough about them.

Also, more prep inspiration for Hobgoblinpie:

http://www.unabashedlyprep.com/site/norman-hilton-ss11/

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Going to buy some chinos at the weekend.. what's the best color if I have a mainly cold neutral wardrobe?

I'd roll with what you got, something pale probably. Although you might supplement it with a pale red or brown, get a little warmth in there.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

That's a funny picture.

Shoes are going to be your biggest problem. I don't know what to suggest, throw me a budget.

You could get a pair of chinos, a white OCBD shirt, and maybe a nice bow tie like people have been chatting about here. A blackwatch or green gingham pattern would be nice but I haven't looked at the fabrics she offers.

Apparently, APCs are overpriced [cabbage], you'd probably be better off lurking or asking on Styleforum and Superfuture as I don't know enough about them.

For budget, I'll probably pick up some nice jeans and then spend ~$100 afterwards. I want to get some dark jeans that are really nice and will last a while, raw denim preferably from what I've heard here. I'll try to post a picture of those three shoes I talked about.

I was thinking something more than just a shirt and chino's, but idk exactly what, that's where I'm having the problems.

2s0cxth.png

My look's pretty much defined as button up shirt rolled + chinos or shorts. Sometimes a less formal shirt too. And with boat shoes and aviators now. The colors are also mostly blue, white, tan/brown, black, and navy.

Gotta be casual when you're livin' in Florida B)

wl7w9j.png

Going to buy some chinos at the weekend.. what's the best color if I have a mainly cold neutral wardrobe?

Deep leaf green, tan, Nantucket red, white.

For budget, I'll probably pick up some nice jeans and then spend ~$100 afterwards. I want to get some dark jeans that are really nice and will last a while, raw denim preferably from what I've heard here. I'll try to post a picture of those three shoes I talked about.

I was thinking something more than just a shirt and chino's, but idk exactly what, that's where I'm having the problems.

Eh, not sure what you'll be able to do with a 100$ budget. The bow tie was meant to make things interesting, I guess you could pick up a surcingle belt or D-ring belt as well? Or maybe a sweater is what you're looking for?

That's a funny picture.

Thanks for that. Surprised at how well the muted pink works in that outfit.

There are several outfits, in case you missed them.

I'm not a big fan of carrot fits, Sam. I'd say away from Topman in general, what they sell is usually overpriced trendy [cabbage]. I dig the rust/tan/brown combination though.

Well I'm visiting a Topman store to exchange some stuff so I decided I might as well get some chinos. Unless I can find a cheaper pair Topman is my store of choice for chinos.

Just thought of an outfit -

light grey/white tee

navy hoodie

tan chinos

tan desert boots

I'm definetly leaning towards this outfit for the weekend, wouldn't mind some input from you guys though.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I don't know where people got the idea APCs where overpriced [cabbage] when they're great jeans and are some of the most competitively priced raw denim on the market.

@Sam I know a guy that wears near the same outfit, it doesn't look half bad.

tFtfA.jpg

Well I'm visiting a Topman store to exchange some stuff so I decided I might as well get some chinos. Unless I can find a cheaper pair Topman is my store of choice for chinos.

Just thought of an outfit -

light grey/white tee

navy hoodie

tan chinos

tan desert boots

I'm definetly leaning towards this outfit for the weekend, wouldn't mind some input from you guys though.

It's a bit bland. Not sure how you can jazz it up... That's why I don't like hoodies and tees.

If you're visiting Topman, you could consider getting some socks. Colored ones (they don't have to be flashy). Avoid patterns and textures.

I was just looking through my unread blog posts...

wivp8y.png

Ralph Lauren blue OCBD and dark grey Steven Alan shirt arrived in the mail. Bought them for 135$ shipped, good deal considering the SA shirt alone probably cost around 170$ retail.

Hey I got an idea;

does anyone here know of any jeans that are extremely light-weight? I ask because this summer I'm going to be doing groundskeeping-type work and we can't wear sleeveless shirts or shorts. In fact, I think jeans were mandatory.

The point is I had this job last year and I would wear regular black jeans to work and would sweat my balls off everyday. So if there's anything lighter, breezier, whatever, even if they aren't jeans, fill me in please :).

hiccup.png

Hey I got an idea;

does anyone here know of any jeans that are extremely light-weight? I ask because this summer I'm going to be doing groundskeeping-type work and we can't wear sleeveless shirts or shorts. In fact, I think jeans were mandatory.

The point is I had this job last year and I would wear regular black jeans to work and would sweat my balls off everyday. So if there's anything lighter, breezier, whatever, even if they aren't jeans, fill me in please :).

8 oz. N&F Linen/Denim blend WeirdGuy. Looks like [cabbage], but you get the point: denim can be made in different weights and you're shooting for 8-10. Of course, the lighter, the more they rip.

http://www.individualsole.com/2010/07/08/naked-famous-denim-32oz-jeans/

These, however, will never rip. Not sure if you'll be able to move in them though.

Hey I got an idea;

8 oz. N&F Linen/Denim blend WeirdGuy. Looks like [cabbage], but you get the point: denim can be made in different weights and you're shooting for 8-10. Of course, the lighter, the more they rip.

http://www.individualsole.com/2010/07/08/naked-famous-denim-32oz-jeans/

These, however, will never rip. Not sure if you'll be able to move in them though.

Ah, didn't know they came in different weights. Good deal, thanks!

To continue the style thread: I'm starting to love wearing either long sleeve t-shirts, baseball shirts or very slim hoodies. Essentially, they're warm enough so that I don't have to wear a jacket in the springtime yet slim enough to expose my muskles properly :smile: I just need to find a better source of baseball t-shirts (or make then so popular myself that all the stores will sell them this summer).

hiccup.png