The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

I'm cool with chelseas, considered buying some myself. I think those ones you posted just make me mad with the buckle-thing.

Ok I'll go for the Chelseas. If the ones I posted above didn't have the buckle I'd probably buy them. Thanks!

I don't like the elastic on Chelseas, but jodhpurs are sick. Check Frye boots for motorcycle boots. A bit hot for summer, though, no? I'm eying Arrow Mocassins, myself.

http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/arrow+moccasin/110983/p.0-s.1-st.A-v.2?uwd=1

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=97850

Pretty good looking price for something which lasts this long... I think I'll get the brown two eyelet ones with crepe soles.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any bags/backpacks they'd recommend? I've notice the one I've been using for the past several years is starting to tear and I'm trying to find one before I leave on this trip on mine next week. Looking for something that would be excellent for a daypack in the city. Something I could throw my camera in, a bike lock, and room to fit like a jacket or something.

http://www.herschelsupply.com/shop/

I hear good things.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Anyone have any bags/backpacks they'd recommend? I've notice the one I've been using for the past several years is starting to tear and I'm trying to find one before I leave on this trip on mine next week. Looking for something that would be excellent for a daypack in the city. Something I could throw my camera in, a bike lock, and room to fit like a jacket or something.

If you're fine with messenger bags I'd definitely try this. I've had it for a year and a half now and it's amazing :D

Actually, wait, I think you were the one that suggested it to me in the first place XD

wl7w9j.png

If you're fine with messenger bags I'd definitely try this. I've had it for a year and a half now and it's amazing :D

Actually, wait, I think you were the one that suggested it to me in the first place XD

Yeah that was probably me :grin: . I have their Cornell bag, great bag, a little small for what I currently need it for but I'll make it work if I can't find a substitution.

Thanks Lent, I've been eyeing one of their bags for a little bit, not sure if it'll fit all my needs yet, but it's in the runnings.

tFtfA.jpg

My mom has a Herschel bag. I can't say it's bulletproof because she bought it in September, but it looks virtually new. On the other hand, she really takes care of her [cabbage].

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

I don't like the elastic on Chelseas, but jodhpurs are sick. Check Frye boots for motorcycle boots. A bit hot for summer, though, no? I'm eying Arrow Mocassins, myself.

http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/arrow+moccasin/110983/p.0-s.1-st.A-v.2?uwd=1

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=97850

Pretty good looking price for something which lasts this long... I think I'll get the brown two eyelet ones with crepe soles.

I'm really looking for a shoe (or light boot) that I can take clubbing when I go clubbing in London, as trainers (I usually wear Fred Perry navy fashion trainer/plimsoll things) are not permitted. The shoes I do have to wear are way too formal, so I'm looking for something good looking, a medium/darkish brown (to match my bag when I'm not clubbing) but also somewhat smart.

Looking into some inexpensive summer shoes that are fairly rugged. Any recommendations?

Max budget, color, shoe size?

http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/2695/products/24017

http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/2695/products/24012

These? You'll need an invitation, if you want to get them.

http://www.jackthreads.com/invite/omarbenmegdoul

ALSO, if you're thinking about buying a pair of raw jeans, this is your chance to get some really expensive ones for dirt cheap. Cut similar to 501s and preshrunk. 79.99 + shipping between 15-45$, depending on how close to Australia you are. They sold for 500$ retail when they were released, and 400$ when the company closed.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=176675

Consider quickly, by Saturday I can almost guarantee there will be none left.

Sorry, I decided against the shoes because I found a pair of adidas sneakers in my closet that looked really similar. As for the jeans, I would but the shipping rates for me are really high.

I will put my boots on.

I will pass on down the corridor.

Oh, that was just because some people were starting to become interested in raw denim in the last few pages.

http://topodesigns.com/collection/

To the guy looking for a backpack.

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/men%27s-outerwear/men%27s-blazers-and-jackets/Navy-unstructured-jacket?q=usddefault||US008NAV|||||||||||||

200$, and they don't have my size. :angry:

Got my hunter green OCBD and my APC shirt jacket in the mail. I'm going to go get the sleeves shortened a tad.

I don't understand the whole not-washing-jeans-for-a-year thing. So it makes them look worn? Don't they smell bad? Seems like another "ripped jeans" fad to me.

That's probably for raw denim, as you're not supposed to wash it or the color will fade.

Treat jeans right and they shouldn't smell bad. You can freeze them to kill bacteria.

Got myself a three-piece dinner suit, for the High School prom. Ordered a white linen pocket square, getting the waistcoat tailored as we speak to try out the tailor, then will take my jacket with her. Any good places for suspenders though, the pants have buttons not belt looks (which I prefer with the black tie look).

Should be killer.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Treat jeans right and they shouldn't smell bad. You can freeze them to kill bacteria.

Got myself a three-piece dinner suit, for the High School prom. Ordered a white linen pocket square, getting the waistcoat tailored as we speak to try out the tailor, then will take my jacket with her. Any good places for suspenders though, the pants have buttons not belt looks (which I prefer with the black tie look).

Should be killer.

post the piccool.gif

Should be killer.

If the pants fit, suspenders aren't required (their purpose is only practical, not aesthetic, and they should really not be seen). Probably not worth paying the 90$ sans shipping price tag at Brooks Brothers when you can most likely get the pants tailored.

Bought myself some raw slim fit jeans from Topman, and a purple/white backpack from American Apparel. Got £50 to spend at Two Seasons - preferably shoes - I can't decide what to get though - I want something that's understated and will go with jeans well.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Vans Authentics, durr.

Are you planning on not washing these jeans? Because frankly I'm not sure it'll be worth it...

back_worn.jpg

As you can see, not everything looks good after a year, especially the post-wash picture.

These are N&F's Broken Twill Selvedge. The natural indigo ones look great though.