The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

Cheers omar, I don't know much about jackets, and couldn't look it up properly on my phone anyway. If the quality looks that bad I'll give it a miss since I already have a cheap suit.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got named an Official Candidate for the US Naval Academy today. Is it bad that one of my first thoughts was "God now I'm going to have to wear sailor outfits"?

One of my good friends are going there next year! Congrats, it's a huge achievement. (Just to be clear, the one in Annapolis right?)

Aye, Annapolis (and thank you). Has he been given one of the, I forgot the name, but basically an assurance of admission due to grades? I'm figuring on one of those, judging by a fellow I know. I just wish the sailor outfits weren't so... Yeah. Eh, just a couple years, then I'll be in MARPATs or a flight suit. Sorry, being irrelevant.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Got named an Official Candidate for the US Naval Academy today. Is it bad that one of my first thoughts was "God now I'm going to have to wear sailor outfits"?

One of my good friends are going there next year! Congrats, it's a huge achievement. (Just to be clear, the one in Annapolis right?)

Aye, Annapolis (and thank you). Has he been given one of the, I forgot the name, but basically an assurance of admission due to grades? I'm figuring on one of those, judging by a fellow I know. I just wish the sailor outfits weren't so... Yeah. Eh, just a couple years, then I'll be in MARPATs or a flight suit. Sorry, being irrelevant.

What's wrong with sailor outfits?

16kown.jpg

My girlfriend is going to china, I'm considering getting measured up in brisbane and getting her to bring me back a tailored suit.

Not a bad idea. Where specifically is she going, or is she traveling a lot? If you give me some clues, I can look around to see where you'd be unlikely to go through this.

Brooks Brothers is having a sale, suits start at 1120$, which is like 8000$ AUS? Today only. That's pretty much foolproof, but I would wait around before getting a MTM suit, read about suits, so you know what you're getting into.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

The standard Topsider model looks better, I think.

They're the only boat shoes that look good... What do you think about these, price tag aside?

http://www.quoddy.com/styles/canoemoc.html

Canvas? There's no canvas on that Sebago pair, and if you're saying you really want the mesh fabric, I don't think we're going to be buddies.

Also, I said price aside.

I bought some New Balance running shoes today. They are not stylish and I will only wear them for running.

Say it again, but this time believe it.

Bought some new shirts and a t-shirt today:

Loose Cloud Gray Check Shirt

Loose Blue Brown Shirt

V-Neck Dawn Blue Tee

Also gonna order two t-shirts from Zara and a pair of wine-red converse from Footlocker because my blue ones are basically grey-white atm, also there's melted black plastic on them.

2009rb9.jpg

Just sayin'. Let's not start making fun of each other.

If you haven't had more DB unconstructed navy sports coats than you can stomach shoved in your throat, check out Tommy Ton's street pics from Pitti Uomo. Me, I've seen too many already to deal with this, it's like they're all wearing the same thing.

http://www.gq.com/style/street-style/201106/tommy-ton-pitti-uomo

Yeah, she was. She loves the place too, even though she's been there for one week. She got the assurance of admission in ~November of this past year (our senior year). Although, she had minority leader McConnell's support and personal letter as her recommendation for the position.

I say Clubmasters, Aviators, Wayfarers, and 649s. Avoid every other shape.

I find I look bad in wayfarers. Aviators are my go-to.

They are pretty badass :thumbup:

I might need some new jeans, my cheap ones aren't holding up so good. Need to save a bit of money up first though.

rosssigfinal.jpg