The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fast, N&F denim on sale, some down to 29.95$ at Simons. Most sizes available. The indigo WeirdGuys are at 100$.

Also, this is cool: http://www.cottonwork.com/starterkit

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Not a fan of graphic polos. White or khaki would probably be better with that shirt but it depends on your shoes.

535.jpg

Big fan of the Kent Wang polo here, and it's the least expensive of the four. 65$ is not bad at all for mother-of-pearl buttons and a spread collar on a polo.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Sweaters or long-sleeve tees? Land's End Canvas has the former for 20$. Make sure you check the size charts or else they might not fit right; people usually recommend sizing down.

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/FineGaugeVneckSweater~203157_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TVY&CM_MERCH=IDX_Men-_-Tops-_-Sweaters&origin=index

Not a fan of graphic polos. White or khaki would probably be better with that shirt but it depends on your shoes.

535.jpg

Big fan of the Kent Wang polo here, and it's the least expensive of the four. 65$ is not bad at all for mother-of-pearl buttons and a spread collar on a polo.

My mum went to England and I asked her to get me a cricket top, I wanted something like this:

Train%20Shirt%20SS%20NC.jpg

But she got me that polo instead. Guess I needed better instructions.

rosssigfinal.jpg

a) Sorry for the bad pic: http://www.unrefinery.com/article/buyers-guide-our-favourite-polo-shirts

b) I like older cricket style. Nowadays gear is more focused on practicality than style (which is fine by me), but back in the day people dressed really nicely for sports. That's why you call it a sports coat, in fact. Cricket sweaters are really nice, you should get one.

Just some quick, honest advice from me. I know this thread was started a while ago, and some good suggestion have been made, analyzed, improved on and reworked. However, that being said, out of experience into the year 2011, an important piece of the puzzle is often overlooked by the majority, and much of this puzzle piece is to be had in order to complete anyone's persona/facade (whatever you're going for I suppose).

That is, 'classy' isn't defined by how you look physically, or how you dress. Of course, some people will rush quickly to the fastest searchable online dictionary, and quickly conclude from one of the many definitions of 'class' that style, indeed, plays a huge factor, and I'd be wrong to tell you it doesn't. However, you have to consider at the same time, that, some of the best-dressed individuals in this day and age can be the most uncouth scoundrels!

So, I'm not going to sit here and preach how to be classy by any means, because for each person there's a veritable wall of options you can employ. Dressing stylishly will denote the respect you have for your look, and there's some vital integrity to be had there, but being classy would require that you not only look it, but you exude it. Hold yourself to a personal standard of varying degree, by no means low but by no means terribly high, and people will react subconsciously. Find out where your class comes from and amplify it, but always remember, never push it so much that your head ends up too big to fit that trendy hat on. No one likes a Scrooge.

chayyliel.png

Very sound advice. Irrelevant to the thread, but very sound nonetheless. :razz:

Any suggestions for shoes that are suitable for wet weather while still looking okay-decent?

I'm sick of my shoes falling apart.

Note that I'm talking about shoes for females.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

http://youhavebrokentheinternet.blogspot.com/2010/11/winterize-your-vans.html

Not sure where you could get yourself some Filson's Oil Finish Wax, but that would be my plan.

Anything you like in here Tim? Also check out the sale, some things come around pretty cheap with the additional 15% off from subscribing and the 25% off sale items.

http://www.alternativeapparel.com/shop/Listing.aspx?CategoryID=13

Styleforum's new Buy & Sell system is so much better than the old, glad they made the change.

Any suggestions for shoes that are suitable for wet weather while still looking okay-decent?

I'm sick of my shoes falling apart.

Note that I'm talking about shoes for females.

I only have one pair for wet weather, but I hardly wear them. But try getting Ugg boots, if that's your style.

I don't like henleys either, but I just recommended what he asked for. Alternatively, the aa5107 costs 22$ less. aa2607 - 14.99$, minus 25% with promo code. Those aren't v-necks though.

Have fun at the ball, Shiny.

Ugg boots are gross, but I did get some boots and lace up shoes that are appropriate for the wet weather.

Not sure where you could get yourself some Filson's Oil Finish Wax, but that would be my plan.

I ended up finding some water and stain protector at the shoe store which is pretty much the same. woop. thanks

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Kohl's has some awesome clearance stuff when i can actually find stuff in my size. I got a good haul today.

2 cashmere sweaters, navy and dark greenish, 13$ea.

1 dark grey henley shirt, $5

1 gray v-neck shirt, $3

1 button-down navy shirt, 7$

Gray dress pants, $9

Liked 270$ or so off MSRP for it allcool.gif

Free shipping + 40% off items already marked down at J.Crew with code LOVEIT

I'm pissed off I slept on the brown linen-cotten v-neck. I really wanted a sweater like that and now they don't have it in my size. Got it in navy as well as a green BD collar madras shirt.

I "ordered" Cottonwork's free starter kit, I'm hoping their fabrics are good enough. Going to check for info and feedback on them and then order this once I have the kit:

-White oxford cloth

-Button-down roll collar

-Single-button straight cuffs

-With placket

-Normal collar height

-Center box in the back

-Straight bottom cut

-Normal sleeve width

-Non-split yoke

-No collar stays since it's a button-down collar.

I guess this is a pretty good way to get acquainted with all the different details you can have on a shirt. Apparently the fabric is near-bulletproof.