The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treat jeans right and they shouldn't smell bad. You can freeze them to kill bacteria.

Got myself a three-piece dinner suit, for the High School prom. Ordered a white linen pocket square, getting the waistcoat tailored as we speak to try out the tailor, then will take my jacket with her. Any good places for suspenders though, the pants have buttons not belt looks (which I prefer with the black tie look).

Should be killer.

If the pants fit, suspenders aren't required (their purpose is only practical, not aesthetic, and they should really not be seen). Probably not worth paying the 90$ sans shipping price tag at Brooks Brothers when you can most likely get the pants tailored.

The fact that the pants don't have side sdjusters, or a belt, means they look a bit odd. Besides, I like the suspenders, haha. Everyone else will be impressed too. I've got a pair of old suspenders, a bit stretched, in a pinch, but new ones would be nice. Elastic is fine (Don't need grosgrain or leather suspenders, too expensive), and I think i've found a place. Suspender Store. Are they legit, though? Who knows.

@Sam. Why not some decent plimsolls? Fairly useful in summer - these are relatively nice: http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/TwoSeasons/_68485/120977/Montego.

God skate shoes are [bleep]ing ugly. All the 'popular' guys wear them here.

lampost_sig_stark.png

The fact that the pants don't have side sdjusters, or a belt, means they look a bit odd. Besides, I like the suspenders, haha. Everyone else will be impressed too. I've got a pair of old suspenders, a bit stretched, in a pinch, but new ones would be nice. Elastic is fine (Don't need grosgrain or leather suspenders, too expensive), and I think i've found a place. Suspender Store. Are they legit, though? Who knows.

No one will be impressed because you would have to deliberately unbutton your jacket to show them you are wearing suspenders and not a belt, because they will be unable to see them otherwise; and at that point they'll call you fairy or something equally emasculating. There is neither a practical reason nor an aesthetic reason to wear them, because they won't alter the look of the waist band. If the pants don't fit, get yourself some suspenders, but otherwise you might as well send me the money (PM for my PayPal).

@Sam, you only longboard right? I skate to school with a regular deck every morning in DBs and it hasn't been a problem. You need skate shoes only if you do tricks, so they won't be torn by the grip. In other words, Authentics or Eras. The ones in solid colors. For an extra layer of cool, get white leather laces and rub oil finish on them.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

God skate shoes are [bleep]ing ugly. All the 'popular' guys wear them here.

...But...they're comfy and I look good in them. ;__;

Desert boots are more comfortable, word bond.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Sam, you only longboard right? I skate to school with a regular deck every morning in DBs and it hasn't been a problem. You need skate shoes only if you do tricks, so they won't be torn by the grip. In other words, Authentics or Eras. The ones in solid colors. For an extra layer of cool, get white leather laces and rub oil finish on them.

I footbrake to slow down from fast speeds - I need a durable sole.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I hate skate shoes. They're so big and chunky, I always think people look stupid in them. That's just my opinion, of course.

I find it wierd that the "popular" people wear them at your school Shiny, at uni almost no one wears them.

http://vans.co.nz/afawcs0130267/CATID=8/SUBID=72/ID=1111/SID=817181447/productdetails.html

Those have been pretty popular for a while, especially with high black socks and jean shorts.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Sam, you only longboard right? I skate to school with a regular deck every morning in DBs and it hasn't been a problem. You need skate shoes only if you do tricks, so they won't be torn by the grip. In other words, Authentics or Eras. The ones in solid colors. For an extra layer of cool, get white leather laces and rub oil finish on them.

I footbrake to slow down from fast speeds - I need a durable sole.

They have the same sole as other vans skate shoes, I've had several pairs.

@Shiny: Do what you want.

Hey, is there a term for those suit jackets that bowl out at the chest? I'm not sure if they even exist or if it's only when you're ripped to shreds and have good posture so that your shoulders pull back the top half of the jacket, making it bowl. So far i've only seen them on moviestars, who are pretty much all jacked up.

Finally found the answer to this.

http://www.gilt.com/giltmanual/2011/06/how-a-suit-should-fit/#6

Cf. Aaron's comment: the side seams need to be tighter if you want the gorge to round up. I think it's unsightly, but to each their own.

Hey, is there a term for those suit jackets that bowl out at the chest? I'm not sure if they even exist or if it's only when you're ripped to shreds and have good posture so that your shoulders pull back the top half of the jacket, making it bowl. So far i've only seen them on moviestars, who are pretty much all jacked up.

Finally found the answer to this.

http://www.gilt.com/giltmanual/2011/06/how-a-suit-should-fit/#6

Cf. Aaron's comment: the side seams need to be tighter if you want the gorge to round up. I think it's unsightly, but to each their own.

Huh, makes sense. At first I was skeptical, since in the blog post they were talking about how it's because they model/writer had a belly but scrolling to image 1 shows the bowl I was talking about, and no fat. I know Aaron (self proclaimed tailor) says the suit on the model is just too tight, but I really like that look and will be going for it in the next suit I buy.

Good eye fine sir :thumbup:

In other news, I am beginning to wear wife beaters and shorts.

hiccup.png

You can wear pretty much any color with it, except for colors between cyan and blue. We can't really give you outfit suggestions, not being aware of what's in your wardrobe and all.

well my basic casual wardrobe is;

navy hoodie

black hoodie

black cotton jumper

grey cotton jumper

slim fit raw jeans

earth-colored chinos

skinny vintage wash jeans

grey straight cut jeans

black/white/grey/baby blue crew neck

white deep v-neck (derp)

assorted graphic tees (superdry, nike 6.0 etc)

tan/beige desert boots

dark denim chukkas

adidas originals (purple mids, acid green hi's)

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I need to go out and buy some new shirts. I've got plenty of Pants/shorts, jackets, shoes etc but not shirts.

Also thinking of buying a good Yellow undershirt for my suit + a fedora/hat with a yellow band (ribbon w/e) around it to match it for those formal occasions.

Popoto.~<3

Got named an Official Candidate for the US Naval Academy today. Is it bad that one of my first thoughts was "God now I'm going to have to wear sailor outfits"?

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Got named an Official Candidate for the US Naval Academy today. Is it bad that one of my first thoughts was "God now I'm going to have to wear sailor outfits"?

Inb4sailorfetish

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Looks like a terrible company...

http://www.scarfonline.com.au/p-235-rfs-27187-fawn-sol235.aspx

Pants too long, jacket too big, second button closed, shoes are hideous. Even if they tailor it for you as the advert says, I would expect the fit to be terrible. If you want a good deal on a quality jacket, check this out:

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/men%27s-outerwear/men%27s-blazers-and-jackets/Navy-unstructured-jacket?q=usddefault||US008NAV|||||||||||||

Read Put This On, they have about two eBay roundups every week with really good deals. The Choosy Beggar has them every day.

One of my good friends are going there next year! Congrats, it's a huge achievement. (Just to be clear, the one in Annapolis right?)