The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a) Cardigan inspiration: Make sure it fits, unlike Terron's in the third picture (too long at the sleeves, general slouchy feel compared to the one his buddy on the left is wearing). Also, make sure it's close to your neck; that lighter style of cardigans is cool too.

Thanks, shall take a look.

b) Cuff your jeans.

I'm going to. They were in the sale, and they only had 34 inch length (with any waist size). down to £60 from £120 though so not complaining.

c) Avoid graphic tees as much as possible; heck, I don't wear any visible t-shirts at all. Striped tees are okay, but they're hard to pull off. Only Pesko does it well.

Most of my graphic tees are 'light', in the sense that they don't take themselves too seriously, unlike things from River Island, All Saints etc.

d) I don't like chelsea boots. I think that's just me though.

I'm lazily looking around the shoes stores for a 'summer shoe'. I like chelsea boots, but for Summer, they aren't exactly ideal.

By cuff I mean roll.

And really, you think that's tacky? I think it would look awesome with white jeans and red Authentics, or even under a brown sweater.

Also, I dig the shoes someone posted up there, though I don't like the fact they don't have layered canvas like Authentics.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

What are some good ways to stand out from other guys? My typical wear has turned into flat front khahis/jeans, and a nice shirt (button up or plainly colored), and alternating between various loafers/brown shoes and a few watches.

What's a way I can mix it up a bit?

Change collar types (get button-downs as well as points and spreads/cutaways); wear different pant colors (white, navy, brown are easy-mode; try cords, moleskin, seersucker); experiment with shirt patterns and fabrics; get different belt colors and types (surcingle, d-ring, many different leathers, suede, hoofpick); wear colored socks (I stick to neutrals or subdued colors); experiment with fit (especially consider cropped pants, or pants with little or no break), consider a tie (less than 3 inches at the widest point when worn with a shirt; 3" if with a jacket); get different shoes (sneakers, mocassins, penny/tassel loafers, derby/oxford cut, monks and double monks, wingtips/plain tips, boots...).

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Went shopping - didn't end up buying the Vans Authentics I wanted - instead, I bought a rather tastefully designed pair of Nike 6.0's. Also bought some straight beige cinos.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Chinos are twill pants, usually beige.

Live and learn.

fastortoise, the turntable watch you wanted is back on PLNDR.

http://www.plndr.com/products-plndr.aspx?ProductID=38506&VendorCode=FLU

I still think it's terrible, but it's back. It comes in a nice case, though. I prefer this one, personally:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=00I-0015-00068&cm_re=seiko_beige-_-00I-0015-00068-_-Product

Thanks for the heads up. I had seen it and decided to go against it... I can't do jewelry. I have a really nice necklace (I've been looking for one for about 3 months now if you've been following the thread) and I can't bring myself to wear it.

I actually just got a shipment from PLNDR in today with great stuff - a long sleeve t-shirt, a baseball-T, hightop sneakers and a pair of black leather loafers. I used to at least get one item that wouldn't fit me (it's online after all) but now I'm so used to ordering stuff online that everything fits! Hurray :smile:

hiccup.png

How about this sprezzaturrific mewelry?

I went to Rooney in Montreal today, and I learned two things.

a) Girls in the Old port are hot as [bleep].

b) If you've ever been to Urban Outfitters and found selvedge denim with an "Unbranded Jeans" tag and thought they were [cabbage] quality, think again. The truth is Naked & Famous wanted to cut down prices while keeping the quality on par with other N&F denim. To do this, they produce the jeans in China with the same denim used for their main brand and in the same factories used by APC (which turns out to be severely overpriced), and sell massive amounts of jeans to UO (out of 3100 pairs, 3000 will go to UO and 100 will be up for grabs for stores like Rooney and Four Horsemen). This allows them to cut down costs by a lot, even adding features unavailable in N&F denim like hidden rivets on the back pockets. The fits are similar (skinny, tapered and slim) though the rise on the tapered fit is higher than the rise on the WeirdGuys. The price, however, is 45$ lower! That's 80$, for a pair of very solid denim. Not as good as the high-end brands, of course, but definitely a rival for entry-level raw denim. I'm going back tomorrow to buy the last pair in my size.

I've been watching a lot of Glee lately, and I have to say that Matthew Morrison (The teacher) has a sense of style in the show and real life I'd really like to try and bring a bit of to myself.

I really like how his vests are to be honest, anyone know where I can find some good ones?

will-schuester-glee.png

j.jpg

Thrift stores. Otherwise you'd be hard-pressed to find quality preppy/trad vests without a suit

So, my friend recently bought a pair of Vans OTW Alomar (Black) shoes. Before I knew he had gotten them, I had been looking for a pair of high tops like those. Again, I didn't know he had gotten them.

Vans-OTW-Alomar-Fall-Lineup-2-595x396.jpg

I was at Zumiez the other day and found these (ones on the right).

suprarasta.jpg?w=770&h=420

I'm really wanting a shoe with the high top look that these two have. I'm not a huge fan of the Bob Marley colors, cause I don't listen to him (wouldn't want to seem like a poser); also, the tan color is cool, but I wear tan corduroys a lot, and I don't think they'll go good together. But I don't want to show up in the same shoes as my friend. There's a charcoal version of the Vans Alomars, but still, it's the same style as the black ones my friend got.

So, does anyone here know of any shoes that have a similar look? Or, if anything, can anyone share some other shoes that are stylish? Oh, and fyi, I have a pair of original black Vans and don't think I want to buy them in a different color.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

You're not really in the right place for skate shoes. That being said, I'm sure Supra or Osiris make a murdered out hi-top. I'm on Zumiez' website and I've seen 4 already, and I'm only on the third page.

You're not really in the right place for skate shoes.

Oh. Ooops.

It's not a crime or anything, I'm just saying the regulars ITT (i.e. me :-() will probably not give you great info.