The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

Well like I said, I measured my current jeans and compared them to the measurements on the site. I think the rise was an inch shorter, with the knee being a half inch shorter, thigh being the same, and opening three quarters shorter or something. I don't remember exactly, but I was satisfied. I'll have them tomorrow, pretty excited :) anything I need to do before I use them, like soaking or anything?

2s0cxth.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well like I said, I measured my current jeans and compared them to the measurements on the site. I think the rise was an inch shorter, with the knee being a half inch shorter, thigh being the same, and opening three quarters shorter or something. I don't remember exactly, but I was satisfied. I'll have them tomorrow, pretty excited :) anything I need to do before I use them, like soaking or anything?

Nope, they're sanforized. They'll be tight at first but they'll grow much bigger.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

They're pre-soaked pretty much. If you do it again they won't shrink.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Here they are...

[hide]gkSnd.jpg[/hide]

I like them a lot so far. They're a little stiff, but that'll wear out. They're skinnier than any other jean I've had, but it's not skin tight and I expect it to stretch a tiny bit, and then they will be perfect :)

My biggest and only complaint is that they arent selvedged, yet the site said they were?

2s0cxth.png

New Cures are too tight to have a selvedge. To get the skinny fit, they taper the fabric, and obviously the selvedge gets cut out. Petit Standard is APC's skinniest cut with a visible selvedge.

[Edit] Just sent a payment and a Steven Alan hunter green BD collar shirt and this APC shirt jacket:

60b9b23f.jpg

Minor flaw on the jacket (undone stitch), got the bundle for 180$ shipped. Should have cost me somewhere between 500-600$ in retail pricing, and I was actually on the hunt for a... hunter green shirt :)

Edit: Context is having a flash sale. 30-50% off, which is still expensive by most standards, but the less expensive brands (APC) come down to a solid price.

http://www.contextclothing.com/sale.php

So I got a pair of 31 petit standards. I was going to return whichever pair I didn't like, the 31 PS or the 30 new cure.

Right now, the NCs are pretty skinny, but not skin tight. I'd imagine these would stretch out, and have an awesome fade and honeycombs. My friend says the make me look too skinny right now though.

That's why I ordered a 31 PS to compare. The size chart on Context said the thigh was a half inch bigger while the knee and opening were a quarter inch smaller. After trying them on, they are a lot more baggy than the NC everywhere. I don't know whether they'll shrink or stretch or stay the same. Another concern is I dont feel they will fade as well as the NCs, being a lot looser. I live the selvedge edge though, another reason why I thought I'd try them.

Idk what to do.

2s0cxth.png

PS will fade just perfect. I have a pair of straight leg jeans with a leg opening of about 8.5 inches and the fades are just fine. Besides, I'm not a big fan of extreme contrast or skinny jeans. I'm not sure if 31 in PS will fit you if you wear 30 in NC but my advice would be to keep the PS.

[Edit] Plenty of Brown Canvas SlimGuys left at PLNDR's N&F sale, 56.99$, and selvedge SlimGuy chinos in size 29. If you're not a member, you need an invite code.

Be aware I get some sort of discount thanks to your joining though, not that I have ever bought anything from PLNDR. Also, if you buy anything, check this out first.

good to see some denim nerds.

DSC_0981copy.jpg

apc ns 8.5 months pre wash.. i can't find more recent pics on my computer lol. I sized down 3 cause these [bleep]es stretch like a mother [bleep]er.

Retired for now, still working on my nudies I want them to be 1 year old pre wash just to see if i can make it. And then skulls during the summer. See you guys in a month or two.

Oh yea to the guy questioning selvedge lining on NC... NC is made from selvege denim but has no visible selvedge line on the outseam, that fit actually looks kind of good on you.. I could never wear NC too tight for my liking.

go for it man, you may just save money over time if you wear the jeans long enough :P

here are some pics that may inspire you some more (none of these are mine)...

skull 5010xx

38a737ed.jpg

seximperial04

P1040324.jpg

flathead 3001

fypqte.jpg

beat as [bleep] apc worn 5 years

apcfront.jpg

samurai 5000vxs

20qx5jr.jpg

pbj xx007

d706b080.jpg

I'm cool with chelseas, considered buying some myself. I think those ones you posted just make me mad with the buckle-thing.

Ok I'll go for the Chelseas. If the ones I posted above didn't have the buckle I'd probably buy them. Thanks!

Anyone have any bags/backpacks they'd recommend? I've notice the one I've been using for the past several years is starting to tear and I'm trying to find one before I leave on this trip on mine next week. Looking for something that would be excellent for a daypack in the city. Something I could throw my camera in, a bike lock, and room to fit like a jacket or something.

tFtfA.jpg