Something wrong with SGS in the GE?

Tijger2099

Ok guys. I'll put this very plain and simple.

Today I was trying to buy a Saradomin Godsword in the Grand Exchange, in order to go to Bandos with a few good friends of mines.

It went down over 600k this night so I expected to be able to buy it for relatively little money. I started at the minimum price and I didn't get it, obviously, but it was worth a try right?

Everytime I added 500k to my offer but even at the medium price I couldn't get my hands on a SGS, even though the sword shows signs of crashing. But you know what? I thought, it could very well be that a merch clan is buying out SGS's right now, trying to make millions on them.

I ended up offering 64M CASH. Which is 2.8m more than the current street value and only 300k under the max price. Which I thought quiet generous for an item in crisis. Turns out to be that even for this ridiculously high price I could NOT buy the sword.

---

Then I moved to the forums, hopefully being able to get a sword over there. I found a guy selling his SGS for only 60m, over 1M cash under the street price. How could this possible rhyme with my earlier experience at the GE earlier today? Not at all!

I thought this guy was just ignorant. He surely didn't know that a huge merch clan was buying out his weapon for max prices. Looking at the graph of the SGS he must have become desperate to sell it, for this low price.

In the end I paid the street value for this SGS, mostly cash and little junk.

---

Even though I had plans to start 'Bandossing' once I got the sword I thought it might be worth it to sell the SGS through the GE. This could potentially generate millions in under a minute.

I put it in the GE for 64m, then 63m, then 62m. I ended all the way at the street value, and I still hadn't sold it!

---

Now what is wrong with this? For some reason I can't buy a Saradomin Godsword for MAXIMUM price but at the same time, I can't sell mines for the MEDIUM price.

Something is not right here. Can anyone explain???

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

I had a similar experience trying to buy a bandos godsword after I sold my SGS. I went to W2 and managed to buy one for some of my junk + cash. I just figure not many people use the GE for big items like that.

Lmfao is this thread serious? 4h limits hurr durr. "When you buy an item, you cannot sell it on the Grand Exchange until 4 hours have passed"

And not buying for max is normal, sometimes people offer for max when items are on rebound.

Just because GE price went down does not mean it is crashing

Actually, its the opposite, if it falls you can tell that its about to go back up and if it goes up those who flip them will sell theirs and cause it to go down

You just had some bad luck to sell and buy at the wrong time

First off, wrong forum, Help & Advice is more suited to this.

Second, there is a 4 hour limit. If you bought your SGS from someone and then tried to sell it in the GE under 4 hours later, it won't work. I'm not sure if that's why, but that's my first thought.

There are hundreds of thousands of offers in the GE across a couple hundred worlds. The fact that the GE works at all is pretty crazy.

If there's any communication errors between worlds, therein may be the problem. If someone has an unusually large order to fill, that might be the problem. Many other factors that you and I don't know, but would be perfectly clear to the guy that coded it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Thanks for moving!

I was wondering though...

I thought that the 4h trade limit would only intervene if you were to have bought your maximum number of a certain item. 10 for barrow items, 100 for runes and so on. I thought you would only not be able to sell the same item within 4 hours if you would have bought the maximum number. So if you'd have bought 10 dharok helms you wouldn't be able to sell those for another 4 hours. But if you were to buy only 1 dharok helm (or 1 SGS in this case) you would still be able to sell it directly because you haven't bought the maximum number of items you were allowed in 4 hours...

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

It makes sense that yoru sgs wasnt selling for med, after you bought it for max (4h limit). It's strange though why you couldn't get one in the GE in the first place. I guess they actualy were rebounding and you got lucky to get one off the guy. Wait 4 hours and try to sell it again,

You know, sometimes the GE just doesn't work. My favorite example: I sell dragon legs, minimum price. Friend buys dragon legs, minimum price. No sale.

I think due to how the Grand Exchange works and how it needs to check through x amount of offers or something....I think that if your buying/selling an item that is traded in small quantities, it takes longer for the GE to have offers pass through. This is just a guess however.

When I got my SGS, I couldn't get it at med price in the GE, but I fairly quickly (I think) found someone selling one for med price on world 2.

Depressing thing is, I paid like 72m lol.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

You know, sometimes the GE just doesn't work. My favorite example: I sell dragon legs, minimum price. Friend buys dragon legs, minimum price. No sale.

I think due to how the Grand Exchange works and how it needs to check through x amount of offers or something....I think that if your buying/selling an item that is traded in small quantities, it takes longer for the GE to have offers pass through. This is just a guess however.

When I got my SGS, I couldn't get it at med price in the GE, but I fairly quickly (I think) found someone selling one for med price on world 2.

Depressing thing is, I paid like 72m lol.

Did you ever think that more than one person was selling dragon legs at minimum price? ..

MujGunGetDiv.png

The 4h rule is the culprit here, but as sort of a related side topic:

It's only happened a handful of times, but after immediately (5 minutes to an hour) buying or selling something I was able to buy/sell something again. Any ideas why?

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Reading the OP, it doesn't sound like it should be the 4 hour limit, as it sounds like he bought it from another player, not on the GE.

@i_D_r -- The 4 hour rule is from when you start buying. Say that you try to buy 25k essence, and you get ~1k right away, but the offer takes a total of 3.5 hours to finish. If you were to put it back in the GE to sell, it'd sell 4 hours from the first buy, which is only 30 minutes from when the offer was completed, making it seem like you got past the 4 hour rule.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

The 4 hour limit still applies to trades outside the GE. If I buy a fire rune from you in trade, I cannot sell fires in the GE for 4 hours.

If that is true that has to be some very impressive progrmming.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Reading the OP, it doesn't sound like it should be the 4 hour limit, as it sounds like he bought it from another player, not on the GE.

@i_D_r -- The 4 hour rule is from when you start buying. Say that you try to buy 25k essence, and you get ~1k right away, but the offer takes a total of 3.5 hours to finish. If you were to put it back in the GE to sell, it'd sell 4 hours from the first buy, which is only 30 minutes from when the offer was completed, making it seem like you got past the 4 hour rule.

ah that may of happened, thanks :)

untitled8copyiu7.gif

its not just a 4 hour limit on just items you buy and sell. say you have an SGS and you want to upgrade to an AGS, you sell the SGS in the ge, AGS wont buy in ge now. All godswords are under the same item. this is to prevent buyouts and item flipping right away. hence why if you sell a gs, you do it in w2 and just upgrade in the same trade, makes it much easier.

I_G_RagZ.png

Current goals-99 Sum, 95 Slay, Elysian/Divine Spirit Shield, Get LS Elysian and Divine, get another sexy 99

Drops Solo and LS-Arma Hiltx1(solo), Arma Chestx1(solo), Dragon Clawsx2(solo), Bandos Hiltx2(1 FFA, 1 LS), Bandos Tassetsx4(2 duo, 1 solo,2 LS), BCPx5(1 duo, 4 LS), Sara Hiltx1(1 LS), SSx7(LS), Spectral Sigilx1(LS)