North Korea Going Rogue?

SeanyTheSailor

I can expect the End of the Cease fire in the next few years. Tensions are going to get higher and higher till the point one side acts first. Knowing NK, it will likely be them who causes the Second Korean War.

Strong External impact to? The only thing that I find is a mine or torpedo could have such an impact force if hit in the right area of the ship to cause the amount of damage done. Hopefully it wasn't intentional and it was left over from the 1950's war.

The cease fire expired the middle of last year and they are once again in a state of war, technically anyway.

More of an unofficial Cease fire then...

Either way, they have reason to believe it was NK because it was probably from a torpedo that sunk and destroyed the cruiser utterly.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean, "going"? N. Korea IS rouge!

no there going rogue like sarah palin! :ohnoes:

Do you even know what the [bleep] you are talking about? Sarah Palin is a great person, and could very well be the key to turn the country around. Sure she's inexperienced at the interviews, and that hit her popularity, but that lady has brains. Something you sir, apparently lack.

Thank you for your time and I wish you a good day.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

North Korea has always been a rogue country. They apparently have a nuclear secret, and the leaders like brainwashing their citizens. <_<

Of course, North Korea will deny that claim. They don't want their lovely citizens to know they are doing the bad thing.

Don't be surprised if more foreign ships sink near North Korea.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

They make Koreans like me look bad.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I'm sorry.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

• 3 weeks later...

what do you mean, "going"? N. Korea IS rouge!

no there going rogue like sarah palin! :ohnoes:

Do you even know what the [bleep] you are talking about? Sarah Palin is a great person, and could very well be the key to turn the country around. Sure she's inexperienced at the interviews, and that hit her popularity, but that lady has brains. Something you sir, apparently lack.

Thank you for your time and I wish you a good day.

did you bother to check my location?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Apparently NK actually fired a torpedo that sank that SK ship a few months back.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/811193--south-korea-north-responsible-for-torpedo-attack-on-warship

There stupid if they would go to all out war. China is not going to help them this time. I wish the South Koreans the best. This is a dangerous time for them now.

They are threatening military action if they are punished in any way for the ship going down, whether it is sanctions or armed retaliation. We'll see how this goes down.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

War is inevitable. I only hope that South Korea doesn't get hit as badly as they expect. I also feel bad for the citizens of North Korea. They've been brainwashed to the point that many of them are completely loyal to KJI. Many may have to be killed in order to unify Korea.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

South Korea and North Korea have been at war for the past 50-70 years... Kim Jong ill (pardon the pun) is just threatening to invade South Korea if the UN or any other such organization puts sanctions on North Korea for attacking a SOVEREIGN nation's ship. :roll:

Reactionary bastard.

I also feel sort of sorry for any communists living in America right now. You're the next target.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

South Korea and North Korea have been at war for the past 50-70 years... Kim Jong ill (pardon the pun) is just threatening to invade South Korea if the UN or any other such organization puts sanctions on North Korea for attacking a SOVEREIGN nation's ship. :roll:

Reactionary bastard.

I also feel sort of sorry for any communists living in America right now. You're the next target.

It's only still been going on because the US refuses to recognize the North as its own nation. And btw, I seriously doubt communists will be targeted in the US, or at least, not to the level of the McCarthy days.

One other problem thats comes to mind is that Americans don't have the emotional investment that South Koreans have. While the US would be doing it to help an ally, the SKs would be fighting for their freedom.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

If Kim Jong Il invaded SK I think the world would probably be on his [wagon] before he could say "Bring me some rice." But you never know they might just impose "tough sanctions".

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

North Korea, of course, is lagging behind south korea in terms of convertional warfare abilities.

The greatest fear is that the possible possession of nuclear weapons by North Korea, also, the biological / chemical arsenal which she has, the thousands of artilleries guns and rockets aiming Seoul, and finally, the spy insertion abilities using a nunber of old (but reliable, low flying and therefore radar evading) biplanes, small submarines like the one that is alleged to sink Cheosan a month ago, and landing crafts, which allows North Korea to wage an assymatric war.

Any victor that comes out in the second Korean War, in my opinion, is no longer a victor. This is nothing more than a Pyrric victory.

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

Apparently North Korea said that it would retaliate in response to South Korea freezing trade and resuming psychological warfare.

This will be interesting, to say the least. I doubt China would really help North Korea in an armed conflict because it has too much to lose if it alienates itself from the United States.

SWAG

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100524/ap_on_re_as/as_skorea_ship_sinks

[hide]

SEOUL, South Korea South Korea won U.S. support Monday for slashing trade to North Korea and vowed to haul its communist neighbor before the U.N. Security Council for a torpedo attack that sank a South Korean warship and killed 46 sailors.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said he expects the Security Council to take action against North Korea, calling the evidence that the North was responsible "overwhelming and deeply troubling."

The U.S. and South Korea are planning two major military exercises off the Korean Peninsula in a display of force intended "to deter future aggression" by North Korea, the White House said.

President Lee Myung-bak laid out the economic and diplomatic measures aimed at striking back at the impoverished North, including halting some trade and taking the regime before the Security Council.

International investigators concluded last week that a torpedo from a North Korean submarine tore apart the warship Cheonan on March 26 in the Yellow Sea off the west coast in one of South Korea's worst military disasters since the 1950-53 Korean War.

Lee said it was another example of "incessant" provocation by North Korea, including a 1983 attack in Myanmar on a South Korean presidential delegation that killed 21 people, and the bombing of an airliner in 1987 that claimed 115 lives.

"We have always tolerated North Korea's brutality, time and again. We did so because we have always had a genuine longing for peace on the Korean peninsula," Lee said in a solemn speech at the War Memorial.

"But now things are different. North Korea will pay a price corresponding to its provocative acts," he said, calling it a "critical turning point" on the tense Korean peninsula, still technically in a state of war because the fighting ended in a truce, not a peace treaty.

The truce prohibits South Korea from waging a unilateral military attack, so Seoul sought to strike at Pyongyang's faltering economy.

Despite their rivalry, South Korea has been Pyongyang's No. 2 trading partner with $1.68 billion in trade in 2009, or about 33 percent of the North's total, according to the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency. China is North Korea's biggest trading partner, with $2.68 billion in commerce last year, the agency said.

South Korea buys shellfish, seafood products, zinc, sand, coal and other products from the North, but those imports will be halted, and North Korean cargo ships will be denied permission to pass through South Korean waters, Unification Minister Hyun In-taek said.

Those measures will cost North Korea about $200 million a year, said Lim Eul-chul, a North Korea expert at South Korea's Kyungnam University.

But the biggest source of trade a joint factory park in the North Korean border town of Kaesong where 110 South Korean firms employ about 42,000 North Koreans will stay open, Hyun said.

The Obama administration endorsed Lee's demand that "North Korea immediately apologize and punish those responsible for the attack, and, most importantly, stop its belligerent and threatening behavior." Seoul can continue to count on the full backing of the United States, it said.

"U.S. support for South Korea's defense is unequivocal, and the president has directed his military commanders to coordinate closely with their Republic of Korea counterparts to ensure readiness and to deter future aggression," the White House said.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman did not give a date for the exercises but said they will be in the "near future."

The U.S. has 28,500 troops in South Korea a major sore point for the North as well as 47,000 troops in Japan.

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton was in Beijing conferring with China on a coordinated response. She would not say whether that might include new international sanctions against the North.

"We are working hard to avoid an escalation of belligerence and provocation," Clinton said. "This is a highly precarious situation that the North Koreans have caused in the region."

North Korea has steadfastly denied any role in the ship's sinking. On May 20, naval spokesman Col. Pak In [garden tool] told broadcaster APTN in Pyongyang that any punishment would mean "all-out war."

On Monday, the powerful National Defense Commission criticized Lee's speech as a "clumsy farce," North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency said.

At the U.N., Ban a former South Korean foreign minister said he shares in the international outrage over the sinking of the Cheonan.

"The evidence laid out in the joint international investigation report is overwhelming and deeply troubling. I fully share the widespread condemnation of the incident," Ban told reporters. "I am confident that the council ... will take measures appropriate to the gravity of the situation."

China, Japan, Russia, South Korea and the U.S. have been trying to persuade North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons in talks that Pyongyang quit last year, and Ban said it was "particularly deplorable" the attack occurred while those negotiations are stalled.

Pyongyang disputes the maritime border drawn by U.N. forces at the close of the war, and the Koreas have fought three skirmishes there, most recently in November.

South Korea's military will resume blaring anti-North Korean propaganda back over the border, a sensitive practice suspended in 2004 amid warming ties.

Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama suggested the heightened tension between the Koreas helped shape his decision to break a campaign promise and keep a key U.S. Marine base in Okinawa, where about half the U.S. troops are stationed.

[/hide]

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

That's a little steep, wouldn't you say? :/

a little harsh for keeping an army of 1m+ soldiers while the general population starve, and lack the most basic necessities ( according to the red cross delegation that were actually allowed into the country earlier this year)?

when dealing with extreme totalitarian regimes, your actions need to be extreme, and extensive. that's what the american strategy of proportional response is all about.

That's a little steep, wouldn't you say? :/

a little harsh for keeping an army of 1m+ soldiers while the general population starve, and lack the most basic necessities ( according to the red cross delegation that were actually allowed into the country earlier this year)?

when dealing with extreme totalitarian regimes, your actions need to be extreme, and extensive. that's what the american strategy of proportional response is all about.

This pretty much sums it up.

Besides, this was the worst they could do without actually DECLARING WAR on North Korea and mobilizing troops.

SWAG

Considering as NK committed a blatant act of war Seoul's response is quite moderate.

I doubt China will actually side with NK in the event of a conflict, however I question how much support the States will actually be able to provide considering they have their hands full in Iraq and Afghanistan.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Considering as NK committed a blatant act of war Seoul's response is quite moderate.

their response is in the interest of their people, as so many South Koreans will invariably suffer if they DO go to war. that's the legitimate threat, and deterrent of a large military operation. this act of war, should never and would never have resulted in a war. it's too trivial to merit armed conflict.

that's how realpolitik functions: pragmatism rather than principle. Very often, doing what is right isn't what's best, that's why the political advice of the average "man-in-the-pub" doesn't function in reality.