What would the world be like without the United States?

DragnFly

USA created many racist people that hates the usa =racist people cause terror = and terror isnt a war between countries its a war againt humanity

u dont need to know where i am from but here the crimes number is increasing and when our nation tried to recruit more people to police and army to atleast not stop just reduce the number of crimes attempt ( badly most killeres and rapers are indians with an usa passport ) usa stopped them and the reason is .... america's national security ...

america's national security is to let people die so why other people wont hate you or think the world will be worse without you...

Am a shadow and smoke in your eyes, Am a ghost but hides in the light.

runescape01.jpg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I understood that right, I'll just respond by saying that nothing is black and white, especially regarding crime.

yup but i just feel sad to see how usa caused our nation not to be safe for me its just safe for americans to be here but its ok that's how the life is there is a weak person like me and there is the a person who can do what he wants in our nation while he is in the safe zone

runescape01.jpg

Ah, okay, thank you for clarifying.

no problem

anyway looks like ur a nice person as i see from your respect

tho i am new to this forum :P

TO ANY MOD WHO READS THIS: please close this topic it can start an endless flame later

runescape01.jpg

USA created many racist people that hates the usa =racist people cause terror = and terror isnt a war between countries its a war againt humanity

u dont need to know where i am from but here the crimes number is increasing and when our nation tried to recruit more people to police and army to atleast not stop just reduce the number of crimes attempt ( badly most killeres and rapers are indians with an usa passport ) usa stopped them and the reason is .... america's national security ...

america's national security is to let people die so why other people wont hate you or think the world will be worse without you...

You're logic is highly flawed. You're entire argument is basically saying that America is the only place like this that exists. I can guarantee if there was no United States, you'd still have racist people, you'd still have crimes, you'd still have murders, etc. Yes, America is highly flawed, but so is every other country. America didn't create it, that's human nature, it's everywhere.

Also, I don't think this should be locked until there actually is flaming going on. For now, it's just a discussion.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

You're logic is highly flawed. You're entire argument is basically saying that America is the only place like this that exists. I can guarantee if there was no United States, you'd still have racist people, you'd still have crimes, you'd still have murders, etc. Yes, America is highly flawed, but so is every other country. America didn't create it, that's human nature, it's everywhere.

Also, I don't think this should be locked until there actually is flaming going on. For now, it's just a discussion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

Pretty much sums up what you said.

On Topic; I think there has been several American inventions that are great to the world, but I don't see there being that much difference. I wonder what the economic state of China would be if America didn't exist..

The world would be much better place without US, and at the same time much worse than it's now. Countries like Iran and North Korea could do anything they want, Israel wouldn't exist anymore. It's funny that the president of Iran spoke today at UN about US goverment 'plot behind the WTC attacks'. I laughed pretty much, not for the 'plot' accuse but he's really playing with fire. Israel could destroy Iran in a few minutes, I don't really see why the president is being so arrogant :D

• 5 weeks later...

The world would be much better place without US, and at the same time much worse than it's now. Countries like Iran and North Korea could do anything they want, Israel wouldn't exist anymore. It's funny that the president of Iran spoke today at UN about US goverment 'plot behind the WTC attacks'. I laughed pretty much, not for the 'plot' accuse but he's really playing with fire. Israel could destroy Iran in a few minutes, I don't really see why the president is being so arrogant :D

Hurray for the destruction of millions of innocent lives!

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

But it's not death if it's politics, is it?

/end sarcasm.

There will always be war as long as there is injustice, hatred, and religion. It's entirely unfair to blame it on the States: they fought several wars that are considered morally justified - it wasn't until post WWII that their warmongering became an issue.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

But it's not death if it's politics, is it?

/end sarcasm.

There will always be war as long as there is injustice, hatred, and religion. It's entirely unfair to blame it on the States: they fought several wars that are considered morally justified - it wasn't until post WWII that their warmongering became an issue.

It all started with Mexico my friend, in 1846.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The entire world would be Communist because America single handedly defeated Sir Winston Hitler.

Hahaha that was hilarious!

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I just read Overthrow by Stephen Kinzer, and would recommend it to anyone who is interested of the role that regime changes played in the development of American imperialism.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

• 2 months later...

Where would the world be if the United States suddenly disappeared?

Probably have 10% less obese people and I do believe that the average IQ would increase by at least 15...

Exactly my thought... If the USA would disappear I wouldn't be assigned to go to Afghanistan (again) to help clean up the mess they caused...

I'm not against Americans in general, every person deserves his change to be judged without prejudice, but I don't like the redneck mentality many US-citizens have.

In my country (Belgium) it's normal everyone contributes for everyone. I got a solid job and so it's normal I pay taxes to make sure people who can't work, are

physically disabled or retired. If people get sick it's normal they don't get fired or they don't have to pay all the costs for medical care themselves...

I never understood why so many people were anti-Obama's health insurance law. It's called solidarity ffs

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Origionally I was going to post to make fun of the States and make Canada be awesome (eventhough it already is :thumbup: ), I'll be serious.

Didn't the revolution against the British inspire nationalizism in Europe? Perhaps the continuation of absolute monarchies in Europe would continue the crappy route it was already going. :ohnoes:

As much as I dislike Murka, they did start something that changed much of the world.. <.<

Didn't the revolution against the British inspire nationalizism in Europe? Perhaps the continuation of absolute monarchies in Europe would continue the crappy route it was already going. :ohnoes:

No. See, this is the crap they teach in American schools. (I'm guessing you second-heard this from someone, or Canadian schools follow with American propoganda XD)

If any revolution changed the way Europeans thought it was the French. The American was just too far away for anyone but the English (just the politicans mind you) to give a damn.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

No. See, this is the crap they teach in American schools. (I'm guessing you second-heard this from someone, or Canadian schools follow with American propoganda XD)

If any revolution changed the way Europeans thought it was the French. The American was just too far away for anyone but the English (just the politicans mind you) to give a damn.

And yet... Would the French have had the same revolution if they had not seen the American Revolution first?

No doubt, Louis and Marie would have met the same unpleasantries, but would it just be another Monarch who took their place or a true transformation in the way that the nation is governed?

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

And yet... Would the French have had the same revolution if they had not seen the American Revolution first?

No doubt, Louis and Marie would have met the same unpleasantries, but would it just be another Monarch who took their place or a true transformation in the way that the nation is governed?

More biased American history. Yes they would. A revolt against an colonial governor six thousand miles from the throne is child's play compared to a revolt against the king on his throne. It was a powder keg ready to explode eventually. If not in 1789, then 1794 or 1799. It would of happened shortly later.

siggy3s.jpg

More biased American history. Yes they would. A revolt against an colonial governor six thousand miles from the throne is child's play compared to a revolt against the king on his throne. It was a powder keg ready to explode eventually. If not in 1789, then 1794 or 1799. It would of happened shortly later.

Exactly this - from my understanding of the French revolution the majority of the the participants from the lower classes knew next to nothing about the american revolution.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm an American, and frankly, the fact that this thread even exists is a testament to the American mindset. Yes, people of other nations have pride in their countries and exhibit acts of nationalism; however, rarely would you see them post something that basically says "...and this is why we're awesome!" It's something in the American identity. Not only are we taught that ours is a great country, but we want others to know it. We're open, opinionated, and sometimes downright stubborn, so it's no surprise that Americans evoke such a strong reaction from the rest of the world.

It's not as people from other countries have an image of how Americans think and behave for no reason; these things grew out of actions that we as a nation have taken. I come from a multicultural background; my parents immigrated to America from China in their 20s, and I was raised here. It's interesting and striking to note the differences in how the two cultures think. My mom used to tell me that Chinese people place value on a job well done. It's doing the task to the best of your ability that's most important. However, what's most important to Americans is not that you did a great job, but that other people know what a great job you did. Otherwise, if you're not receiving any credit for it, then what's the point?

Therefore, I think what's most revealing about this thread is not a debate about how much Americans have contributed to society. We can all agree that many of these inventions have made an impact on our world. It's the underlying thought process which I think deserves more discussion.

Tact.gif