Call of Duty 7: Black OPs

Hugger_88

I've messed with my config a bunch. R_multithreaded_device "1" helped a little. That alongside of running 1440x900 windowed helped a bit.

Btw I cranked all settings to high and lost maybe 1 fps compared to all low lol. Def a problem.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked World at War so I also enjoy this. Enfield is what i've been using recently it seems to be a good rifle. Seems a lot of people are using AR's and Sub Machine Guns. I like Nuketown the most other than being spawned in the enemy base only to be picked off upon arrival. I dislike the Rc Cars and Choppergunners but i think its fairly balanced so far until someone exploits something.

Low_C.png

I'm not really a fan. The bullets are like BB's and they need to do something about the spawn system. I'm in their spawn and it seems to choose the spawn points close to me, and even if I kill em they spawn really close (which is good for me but annoying nonetheless).

But yeah. Those are my 2 criticisms, the fact that you need rather a few bullets to kill people is irritating.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

It's actually somewhat balanced at the moment. People who hated World at War due to simple weaponry only found within the time range won't like the weapon's for that reason. It's set in the 60's-80's of course you aren't going to have the same guns from Modern Warfare that kill people in 1-2 hits. :mellow:

I do agree the spawns need fixed and the RC car should have been 4-5 kill streak instead of 3. Hopefully they do a patch sooner rather than later.

Low_C.png

Sniping is broken

I haven't tried sniping yet, but I picked up a Dragonuv off a body and was able to get a 1 hit kill in the chest. What does irritate me is that you get the only bolt action at level 27.

The bullets are like BB's

I actually don't mind that it takes more hits to kill. I'd much rather have it like that than have the ridiculous 2 hit kill across the map SCARs and TARs of MW2.

Anybody tried using ACOG sights yet, particularly on an Enfield? I'm hesitant because they were really bad on CoD4 and WaW.

At least you console gamers can play... /sigh The joys of being a PC gamer :<

I was going to get black ops pc but decided on getting ps3, what happend to it on pc?

Head over to the steam forums, you'll soon understand...

Basically it hasn't been optimised for the PC. The config is all back to front. (Multiple GPU is defaulted to on and multi-core CPU is defaulted to off, even though the game requires 2 cores to run) There's serious memory leaks, CPU hogging, frame skips, stutters, freezing tearing. Unless you have a super-computer you can't even play at 800*600 resolution with all graphic settings turned to minimum without a freeze up every couple of minutes (from my experience). I'm also getting severe mouse lag. Ermm.... the game looks like it's trying to be "too pretty" even on lowest settings. Just waiting on that miracle patch now.

Everything apart from the above is absolutely perfect (I've been playing it on my friends xbox 360). But atm, for me, the PC version is totally unplayable. Never had much problem with MW2, but this is just so bad.

EDIT: On the plus side... Dedicated servers... wooo

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Hello World. We're here, working. We will patch all platforms, as always. I'll have info of substance once we catch our breath. #ItsBeen1Day

http://twitter.com/JD_2020

At least he's anounced they know there is a problem and they'll patch. Seems like they've been getting a bunch of data. I'm really hoping that it's a fairly "simple" fix.

Basically it hasn't been optimised for the PC. The config is all back to front. (Multiple GPU is defaulted to on and multi-core CPU is defaulted to off, even though the game requires 2 cores to run) There's serious memory leaks, CPU hogging, frame skips, stutters, freezing tearing. Unless you have a super-computer you can't even play at 800*600 resolution with all graphic settings turned to minimum without a freeze up every couple of minutes (from my experience). I'm also getting severe mouse lag. Ermm.... the game looks like it's trying to be "too pretty" even on lowest settings. Just waiting on that miracle patch now.

To clarify a bit it is kind of all of the above but it's also more of a bottleneck issue. Black Ops simply isn't using the machines resources well or efficiently or even hardly at all sometimes. (people report like 100% CPU usage 30% GPU). There are people on the forums with i7 rigs that stutter worse than I do.

I have pretty bad lag (25-30fps with stuttering) and that's after I did a lot of tweaks. Gameservers is setting out a patch now to fix the sv_rate values on all their servers which will hopefully help a lot. (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1575785). Apparently sv_rate was 5000 instead of 25000 for PC servers.

I hope it gets fixed soon. It's fun but my KD is absolute garbage because I'm often playing with like 10-15FPS in combat with stutters and people rubberbanding lol.

Sniping is broken

I haven't tried sniping yet, but I picked up a Dragonuv off a body and was able to get a 1 hit kill in the chest. What does irritate me is that you get the only bolt action at level 27.

Wouldn't waste your time, you can't hit someone even if it's directly on them from like 1 foot away if you shoot like 1 second after scoping, getting tonnes of hitmarkers even with the real sniper, and plus the maps suck for sniping. I'm not impressed with this game tbh.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

My only complaint is the FAMAS. Its super over powered. Try this the next chance you can, take the FAMAS with extended mags and a red dot sight. It's just crazy good. I think they should maybe have a higher drop off damage. It's the kind of gun meant for medium/ short range combat. It's beast no matter what range you are in. Besides that, game is great :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I've quite enjoyed what I've played so far of both the campaign and online. The online maps all do feel the same which is my only criticism so far.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction