Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Well, I agree to a certain extent. Patriotism annoys me. But I always find that the death of a soldier kinda hits home. (I come from a military family, had a cousin wounded in Iraq a while ago) So I go all worry wart over things like that.

But it seems to me (from those few words) that the sadness you feel can be attributed to the personal connection and empathy there, rather than patriotism (ie, an emotional attachment to a political entity) or militarism.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I only know one or two people in my family who was in the military: one was ww2 and died while my mom was a teen and my sister, who vanished since 2009 because she had debt issues. For some reason, I am more annoyed to the faults of patriotism in terms of bashing other countries that operate fine and ignore the degrading faults of their own.

I'm only patriotic during the Olympics, the one moment in time where countries get to prove who is better than who.

And the worst rule they can break is drug abuse or lying about the athlete's age.

Personally, I don't root for any side in the Olympics. I just watch it because they're the only sports that remotely interests me.

I'm only patriotic during the Olympics, the one moment in time where countries get to prove who is better than who.

And the worst rule they can break is drug abuse or lying about the athlete's age.

Personally, I don't root for any side in the Olympics. I just watch it because they're the only sports that remotely interests me.

A couple years ago, a female South African runner in the IAAF World Championships won gold, completely blowing everyone else out of the water. So naturally, they withheld the award until she was both drug tested, AND gender tested. So apparently lying about your genitalia is just as bad.

This man has my vote. I'm so glad we finally have a clear minded, intelligent, well-spoken individual running for President.

i'm being sarcastic by the way.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

This man has my vote. I'm so glad we finally have a clear minded, intelligent, well-spoken individual running for President.

You're expecting pretty high things of the guy who went to a presidential debate drunk.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Holy shit that's a steep hill.

This is why I like people who take notice of things going on in the background. That's where the real gold is. :P

Holy shit that's a steep hill.

This is why I like people who take notice of things going on in the background. That's where the real gold is. :P

It's for the metaphorical effect, isn't it?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-pro-marijuana-arguments-that-arent-helping/

Read this, thought "Hey, that explains most of California's college students". Read the comments, most comments were people making the exact same arguments that the author addressed, then posting that he should have done the research. The rest were patting themselves on the back for never having tried the drug.

And the internet wonders why it's not taken seriously :wall:

Video games that when you're idle at the main menu it will automatically go into some kind of video or preview mode. MW3 and GHWOR both do that. It annoys me quite a bit when I have to do something else real quick but already have it on.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Video games that when you're idle at the main menu it will automatically go into some kind of video or preview mode. MW3 and GHWOR both do that. It annoys me quite a bit when I have to do something else real quick but already have it on.

Aren't all video games like that? rs doesn't count.

I actually like those videos. Even though they don't really show anything of the real in-game stuff, they look pretty sweet. Even if it is just the release trailer thing.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

RSOF

There's your problem.

On Topic: People that think it's edgy to hate Christmas, or the Holidays in general.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-pro-marijuana-arguments-that-arent-helping/

Read this, thought "Hey, that explains most of California's college students". Read the comments, most comments were people making the exact same arguments that the author addressed, then posting that he should have done the research. The rest were patting themselves on the back for never having tried the drug.

And the internet wonders why it's not taken seriously :wall:

The fundamental arguments for marijuana in itself doesn't fail - it's the way advocates tend to present them - much of the time in a very exaggerated fashion.

The fundamental arguments for marijuana in itself doesn't fail - it's the way advocates tend to present them - much of the time in a very exaggerated fashion.

Which was the point of the article, and the point that every single commentator missed. The title wasn't "Why Marijuana should never be legalized", it was "pro-Marijuana arguments that aren't helping".

Also, product keys. I can't play the Age of Mythology expansion because the key was written on a sticker on the back of the case, and it got scratched off.

Which was the point of the article, and the point that every single commentator missed. The title wasn't "Why Marijuana should never be legalized", it was "pro-Marijuana arguments that aren't helping".

Also, product keys. I can't play the Age of Mythology expansion because the key was written on a sticker on the back of the case, and it got scratched off.

I hate when game companies go with terrible DRM like that. I have a pirated copy of Sim City 4 on my computer because my authentic copy won't run without the key I've lost.

American politics is so incredibly backward.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

OH [bleep] IT'S DEM GAYS IN THE MILITARY!!!

My ex-girlfriend used to feel really proud of herself for recycling all of her food packages, while leaving the computer on overnight for no reason other than she couldn't be bothered waiting for it to boot in the morning. Too much funny.

Dyu think if they really did send all the gays out to die serving in the military, Rick Perry would run out of people to blame for the bankers giving out money to people who couldn't possibly afford to repay the debt back?

Nah, that would be... common sense... or something like that.