Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

There is nothing better than writing on a sharpened, wooden pencil.

But it gets annoying having to sharpen it constantly to keep the nice point. Mechanical pencils are the next best thing. :thumbup:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Nah, mechanicals are the best. I use really fine pens and pencils (.5mm) for both, and I have been that selective since like grade 7. I can't stand writing with a wooden pencil because I would have to sharpen it every 30 seconds lest it get to dull for my liking.

when regularity and consistency are disrupted.

i like to eat during the day (as most people do) and then, everyday without fail I poop (or "take a shit" if you're not into that whole brevity thing) in the morning. this happens 99% of the time. like clockwork. it works out perfectly. it's a good situation for me

i get agitated when it doesnt. might be due to a combination of factors. eating poor quality food, not enough fibre so on so forth. so believe me when i say it is a rare occurrence

waiting for a shit is the worst. you get this funny feeling throughout the day and it's generally unpleasant. i dont know why.

might only be mitigated by the bittersweet fact that you will pass a behemoth of a brown log sometime in the near future. the sooner the better.

'I shall pray for you'

'May God watch over you'

How would Christians feel if a Satanist told them 'May the dark lord watch over you'?

I should start saying that. Or maybe use one of the Daedric princes...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Having to update my signature for the push-ups I've made, since some forums don't count into postcount...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

'I shall pray for you'

'May God watch over you'

How would Christians feel if a Satanist told them 'May the dark lord watch over you'?

Yeah it just makes it really awkward, because I don't know how to respond from there.

'I shall pray for you'

'May God watch over you'

Given the fact that Christians believe God to be all good, and Satan to be all evil, that comparison invalid. I doubt you feel, when Christians say 'I shall pray for you' or 'May God watch over you', that they are doing you a misdeed. Someone saying this is wishing you well. Unless this Satan dude they speak of is omnibenevolent, wishing that you were under the watchful eye of he who is omnimalevolent isn't a nice thing to say.

But hey, you can be annoyed at your own things. :P

Now if I was told "May enlightenment find you speedily" (or something like that, heh) by a Buddhist, I may be a bit annoyed, since I'm not Buddhist. But I really shouldn't be because they are wishing something good to happen to me. It's the thought that counts.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I doubt you feel, when Christians say 'I shall pray for you' or 'May God watch over you', that they are doing you a misdeed.

Unless they know for a fact the person they're saying it to isn't a believer and they aren't a fairly sarcastic Christian. :razz:

It's all in the intent, I think.

I doubt you feel, when Christians say 'I shall pray for you' or 'May God watch over you', that they are doing you a misdeed.

Unless they know for a fact the person they're saying it to isn't a believer and they aren't a fairly sarcastic Christian. :razz:

It's all in the intent, I think.

I'm an outspoken atheist, so they can be pretty certain I don't follow their beliefs. If a deity really existed and was anything like the portrayal in the Bible, I'd prefer to worship the Devil - he seems to be the nice guy in that book, but I digress.

I don't see how you could be a moderate Christian or whatever non-fundamentalists are. The theists I tend to dispute with have a tendency to be fundamentalists, who I have little hope for.

You'd probably have to put effort into getting an argument out of a non fundamentalist.

And the non-fundamentalists certainly do exist. The Church I belong to is also known to some people by the name 'the thinkers religion', because it is very much about allowing and encouraging people to find their own faith, not telling you how to live your life or what to believe. My Church does not consider the bible to be literal, but rather a very important story book.

And for me, that's really where you draw the line of fundamentalism. To me, a fundamentalist is someone who believes that their story book is the literal true word of their deity(s).

On that note, how long has it been since I said I hate it when people try to push their personal religious beliefs on other people (this applies to atheists too) :evil:

I don't see how you could be a moderate Christian or whatever non-fundamentalists are. The theists I tend to dispute with have a tendency to be fundamentalists, who I have little hope for.

You'd probably have to put effort into getting an argument out of a non fundamentalist.

And the non-fundamentalists certainly do exist. The Church I belong to is also known to some people by the name 'the thinkers religion', because it is very much about allowing and encouraging people to find their own faith, not telling you how to live your life or what to believe. My Church does not consider the bible to be literal, but rather a very important story book.

And for me, that's really where you draw the line of fundamentalism. To me, a fundamentalist is someone who believes that their story book is the literal true word of their deity(s).

On that note, how long has it been since I said I hate it when people try to push their personal religious beliefs on other people (this applies to atheists too) :evil:

How does an atheist push religious beliefs if they hold none?

Skeptic, this is what I mean. Did you really have to continue on the discussion?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

"God doesn't exist" is a religious view. Athiests wouldn't be cool with me pushing the existence of god on them any more than I like people pushing his non existence on me. I am more than happy to talk about why people might or might not believe in a God, but a flat out 'your wrong, god doesn't exist, your a moron' really doesn't fly with me. I don't give a flying [bleep] what you believe, as long as your polite about it :D

"God doesn't exist" is a religious view. Athiests wouldn't be cool with me pushing the existence of god on them any more than I like people pushing his non existence on me. I am more than happy to talk about why people might or might not believe in a God, but a flat out 'your wrong, god doesn't exist, your a moron' really doesn't fly with me. I don't give a flying [bleep] what you believe, as long as your polite about it :D

I'd say it's more of an irreligious view more than a religious view, but that would be an argument of semantics. It seems that you imply atheism is the assertion that 'God doesn't exist' - am I interpreting you correctly?

I don't care if people believe in Santa, or the Tooth Fairy, or Big Foot. But when Santa tells these believers to discriminate against non-believers and homosexuals, to kill in the name of Santa, or to do generally immoral acts, then I have a problem.

That's why I see religion as a problem; that's why I'm anti-theist.

I don't care if people believe in Santa, or the Tooth Fairy, or Big Foot. But when Santa tells these believers to discriminate against non-believers and homosexuals, to kill in the name of Santa, or to do generally immoral acts, then I have a problem.

That's why I see religion as a problem; that's why I'm anti-theist.

Was going to make my own post, but I really can't say much other than THIS. The only thing I find salvageable from Christianity in particular is Jesus. Whether he existed or not (and either way, I'm as certain as a person can be that he wasn't anything other than a very good person), I admit the world would be a much better place if people actually followed his example.

Unrelated, students in class who don't so much answer questions, as they do yell a series of keywords until the teacher tells them they're right.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.