Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

One thing that grinds my gears more than anything:

When religion enters any argument, except when it is about religions.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

But you just....never mind.

----

Mom told me to block Facebook on our family computer because she wanted to punish my brother for something, so I did. (I got around this by just using the mobile site). Now my brother keeps yelling me for breaking the computer because Facebook won't work, and he thinks that it's because I installed Rainmeter. He then starts yelling shit about viruses saying "FIX IT" over and over. When I told him it wasn't Rainmeter, he says I'm not a computer genius, and I don't know what I'm talking about. He's right, I'm not, but at least I'm in power. icon_twisted.gif

----

Mom told me to block Facebook on our family computer because she wanted to punish my brother for something, so I did. (I got around this by just using the mobile site). Now my brother keeps yelling me for breaking the computer because Facebook won't work, and he thinks that it's because I installed Rainmeter. He then starts yelling shit about viruses saying "FIX IT" over and over. When I told him it wasn't Rainmeter, he says I'm not a computer genius, and I don't know what I'm talking about. He's right, I'm not, but at least I'm in power. icon_twisted.gif

Did your mother tell him she asked you to block Facebook? He shouldn't be surprised he lost access to certain things for doing something to result in parental disapproval.

People who self diagnose themselves... This is more towards those who do it for attention or whatnot; for example, my brother telling my parents that he injured two parts of his back. (he made sure to emphasize the number two, finding it so crazy that he hurt two parts at the same time). He probably fell down or something and there's a bruised muscle or whatever. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't be such a pansy.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

People who self diagnose themselves... This is more towards those who do it for attention or whatnot; for example, my brother telling my parents that he injured two parts of his back. (he made sure to emphasize the number two, finding it so crazy that he hurt two parts at the same time). He probably fell down or something and there's a bruised muscle or whatever. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't be such a pansy.

Dude, everyone likes to think they're [bleep]ing doctors. My family members are so stupid when it comes to health issues because they think they actually know how their medication works. I have aunts that deliberately up or lower their doctor-prescribed dosage just because of how it makes them feel. I had an aunt who boasted about how she found out she only had to take half as many of her antibiotic pills right in front of my older brother (a doctor) who just shrugged sadly and told her to listen to her doctor. Guess what? 2 weeks later, the problem resurfaced, and she was put on more antibiotics.

Then at school I have to put up with people who try shoving vitamin D pills down my throat because they heard on the radio that such and such.

And then you have girls, who may smell and look nice and have nice soft boobies, but in general they are just a giant pain in the ass.

hiccup.png

----

Did your mother tell him she asked you to block Facebook? He shouldn't be surprised he lost access to certain things for doing something to result in parental disapproval.

Nope. I was going to tell him how to get around, but if he can't take two seconds to learn how to us Google to fix his problems, I don't really think he deserves it. And he always kicks me off the computer when I'm in the middle of doing something so he can check his Facebook, even though he can do it on his phone.

I too hate computer-illerate people who don't [bleep]ing listen. It's fine you don't know how a PC works, but damn don't think you know better than me when I'm trying to help.

My worst example was in school. "It's a virus! It's a virus!" No [bleep], you misspelled your .docx file extension for your essay.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Dude, everyone likes to think they're [bleep]ing doctors. My family members are so stupid when it comes to health issues because they think they actually know how their medication works.

This reminds me of my step-mother. I get diagnosed over a couple of years by multiple doctors that I have this, this and this condition. And she still insisted till the day I left that I didn't. smh

OT: People who do blatantly stupid things, and KNOW they're doing it. But don't care.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

CLEAN THE [bleep]ING LINT TRAPS, YOU LAZY [bleep]S. ITS THE EASIEST DAMN THING YOU CAN EVER DO.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I too hate computer-illerate people who don't [bleep]ing listen. It's fine you don't know how a PC works, but damn don't think you know better than me when I'm trying to help.

My worst example was in school. "It's a virus! It's a virus!" No [bleep], you misspelled your .docx file extension for your essay.

It's experiences like these that make me respect the hell out of tech service people. I can't tell you how many people I had to help with some of our school laptops just because some people would absolutely not read what was on the screen when a problem occured.

I hate it when people don't do something for you even though there's no reason not to. Like once I asked my friend if she could get me another serving of french toast sticks (They only give us 3). All she had to do was pick up a tray, scan her ID, and sit back down in less than 45 seconds. We were sitting next to the food and breakfast is free.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The computer thing reminds me entirely of a situation in our ICT class. Let me repeat that, ICT CLASS WHERE PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW HOW BASIC COMPUTER FUNCTIONS WORK.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Wow, so apparently my parents are actually somewhat computerliterate. I mean, it makes sense that they at least understand how they work, since when they wen't through Uni they would have been writting their own programs, because that was the only way computers would do anything (we're talking punch cards followed by BASIC here). I'm even able to teach my mom some computer shortcuts, as long as I do it one at a time and she gets to use it a few times to remember it. I still handle the bulk of the fixing, but they do grasp the basics, and they do read what the computer is telling them.

I'm afraid to help other people I know in real life with their computers out of fear I will be labelled as The Friend Who is Good With Computers (totally worth a read btw). The other thing is I can't fix a computer without time, and being alone, since my method involves a lot of google, guessing, and waiting around because I am a huge fan of system restore.

To make you all feel better, take these 3 quotes. All in response to the first one.

Reaching over my shoulder and pressing the power button, while I was mid way through a registry edit and saying... "do you think rebooting it will help."
how does one react to that without violence
I, too, would like to hear this. Personally, I think I would have pulled out a gun right then and there.

Again, I think you've mixed up Today & this thread Randox. :P

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Every thread is my today thread :P

I just figure the people with computer troubles would appreciate it. I did forget to add a grievance of my own like I normally do, so here goes:

I can't stand other people using my computer. I don't even like people using my computer with me watching full time. People using a computer that doesn't belong to them, that they don't have to use everyday, seems to flip a switch in their head that forces them to do every stupid thing they can possibly think of. I look away for a minute and I'm going to find 8 new tool bars, a GB of maleware and 3 boot sector viruses.

Same, I have a lot of private files on my laptop so I am very reluctant to allow my siblings to use it because everyone is nosy.

I also use this image site that tags an image on its attributes so when you type something like 'br' on the Mozilla Firefox toolbar, links of images that had breasts start popping up.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Having a nicely sharpened pencil break in the middle of writing or drawing. Add insult to injury when I fail to sharpen it in the pencil sharpener and have to un-lodge the stuck graphite in the thing just to work on the futile attempt to make my pencil fine and neat once more. I wish there was mechanical pencils for 4H, 2H, and B sketching pencils.

Have you ever heard of hidden files? That's where I hide my stuff.

Yeah I know about hidden files, and I've known about them since before I owned my own computers. I just don't like people going on my computers, even when it's an hour after a clean install.

People who lack basic etiquette, like people who start eating before everyone has food or guys who are sitting while there are older people without seats.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

People who lack basic etiquette, like people who start eating before everyone has food or guys who are sitting while there are older people without seats.

Absolutely. In coffee shops in this country, I often see middle-class, middle-aged ladies sat drinking their pretentious mug of milk-[bleep]-coffee on a table with leather chairs made for four. Leading on from this...

Coming from Italy, I am a bit of a coffee snob and Anglo-American coffee shops annoy me generally. The atrocities they market as 'coffee', combined with the falsity of the decor - Caffè Nero in particular, with the aforementioned leather sofas (which I never saw in a coffee shop when I lived in Rome or in my hometown) and the people wearing shirts pronouncing them 'Baristas' because they can work a coffee machine -, and the 'panninis' (which just means sandwich in Italian). Add to this the archetypal pretentious middle class clientele and the whole experience is incredibly frustrating. It tries to imitate Italy, but only on a superficial level and yet people buy into it like donkeys.

Coffee and coffee culture is one of the few areas in which I consider the UK inferior to Italy.

/rant

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

The sudden realization that one has not backed up one's files on one's hard-disk. A small anecdote here: I was left frantically scrambling in an attempt to recall my bookmarks and programs (I have no files to speak of that needed backing up) when my computer presumably overheated and fried itself from losing power whilst installing 'essential' windows updates.

I think I should purchase an external-harddrive, this is starting to trouble me more than its worth.