Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Something similar to Tim's. I have a bad habit of saying words similar to what I mean, but not the right ones. Like I'll say "Did you zip your coat?" when I meant bag, or I'll get words mixed up. The meaning of the sentence is there but it's not quite right. I sometimes worry it might be a sign of something more - my mum does if often and she says it's because of her epilepsy. It's unlikely I have it, but I've begun to notice how much I do it. It's annoying.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

It's actually pretty natural if you have a tendency to say things faster than you can think things through. If I was forced to make a hasty yet comprehensive reply; I'd probably post someone rather asinine to later realise the foolishness and be forced to edit it. I hate when people quote my mistakes though, since I can no longer eradicate it.

I speak relatively quickly as well, but my experiences are from the opposite side of the spectrum. I think too much when I speak, and sometimes my mouth can't keep up with my thoughts.

For most words/sentences I'll have at least one synonym or alternative ready in case those fit the situation better. You'd think that'd be ideal for forming coherent, well-articulated sentences, only sometimes I get them bungled up when I suddenly change my mind mid-sentence or even mid-word. Instead of saying one or the other, I'll blurt out both at the same time. For example, instead of saying either "I'm reading the page" or "I'm browsing the page", I'll utter something along the lines of "I'm breading the page". #-o Or, instead of asking for either the "check" or the "bill", I'm asking for the "chill".

These are fictive examples as I'm not a native English speaker, but they fit the chill bill closely enough.

A related frustration would be where I have a clear picture in my head of something (an idea, a concept, an image) I want to get across, only I can't pour it into words for the life of me, and as such fail to do it justice. An image truly is a thousand words.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing. (Edmund Burke)

For most words/sentences I'll have at least one synonym or alternative ready in case those fit the situation better. You'd think that'd be ideal for forming coherent, well-articulated sentences, only sometimes I get them bungled up when I suddenly change my mind mid-sentence or even mid-word. Instead of saying one or the other, I'll blurt out both at the same time. For example, instead of saying either "I'm reading the page" or "I'm browsing the page", I'll utter something along the lines of "I'm breading the page". #-o Or, instead of asking for either the "check" or the "bill", I'm asking for the "chill".

These are fictive examples as I'm not a native English speaker, but they fit the chill bill closely enough.

This sort of thing happened to me when I first came to the UK and misused English, in particular phrasal verbs. The worst example that springs to mind is when a friend of mine said that his grandparent had 'passed away' and, confused, I just responded, 'I'm glad for them'.

Luckily, he was intelligent enough to realise I'd misunderstood him.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

This mostly only happens to me when I'm chatting (especially in RuneScape), but some days I will consistantly omit entire words from my sentences to the point they are total gibberish.

Like "I'm having a good day" will become "I having a day", and I normally don't notice until I read the comment later.

I've also had cases where my fingers type things that are totally not what I was thinking. At best, I'll write out the same thing but using different words, and at worst my mind randomly selects another word with at least the same first two letters and types that out.

in regards to that whole getting drunk thing, agree wholeheartedly with range_this.

also -- there is a huge distinction (that some of you might not realize) between being off the wall plastered and having some whisky sitting in you. both are highly enjoyable under their own respective set of circumstances.

also -- there is a huge distinction (that some of you might not realize) between being off the wall plastered and having some whisky sitting in you. both are highly enjoyable under their own respective set of circumstances.

I'd think there's also a difference in the attitudes of the drinkers as well; People that drink to have fun, people that drink to enhance fun, and people that drink for the sake of bring drunk.

I'd think there's also a difference in the attitudes of the drinkers as well; People that drink to have fun, people that drink to enhance fun, and people that drink for the sake of bring drunk.

And some people just assume, when I say drunk, I mean even the milk drinkers.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I dig the new avvy, Giordano. :thumbup:

I've gotta admit, the attitude of many of my college friends towards drinking is pretty annoying. It's like the hype of being on their own and drinking underage never ends with most of them.

Also, it annoys me when I get gassy. D:

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I hate drunk people. I also hate people who walk too slow when they're in-front of me in a crowded area (I.e. Dublin city centre), pisses me right off to the point where I want to repeatedly hit them in the head.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I hate when people refuse to listen to any evidence that proves why you're right. We were in class and some of my friends were discussing who would win in a 3-way war between the entire school of Hogwarts, Jedis, or Pokemon. I told them Pokemon and they all said I was stupid and that Jedis/Hogwarts would "totally kick any Pokemon's ass" without providing any evidence other than MAGIC or LIGHTSABERS AND FORCE...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Wait. How could a Jedi be defeated by some pokemon?

I expect a 4 page essay with detailed relevant supporting details, references, sources and quotations.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I expect a 4 page essay with detailed relevant supporting details, references, sources and quotations.

Well there's a Pokemon that can't be melted even if you stuck it in magma. (Source) Jedis seem pretty susceptible to that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwy412nttI

But yeah, there's a lot of advantages that Pokemon have over Jedi, including a more powerful version of the Force (Psychic), the ability to steal the Jedi's lightsaber, and being stronger, faster, and smarter than Jedis in general.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

But if they're so smart, how come they are still used by humans for their entertainment or personal gain?

If they're so smart, why haven't they enslaved the humans? Or acquire space travel? eh?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

The Jedi code severely limits the combat ability of the Jedi (As seen in the Knights of the Old Republic series), and most of the authority of the order is shown to be ineffective at best (As seen in the prequel trilogy). Everything in the (few examples of the) Star Wars universe (That I've seen) seems to be accomplished by either rogue Jedi who completely ignore the order or by normal humans/aliens (Incidents where Jedi is code for Mary Sue not included).

The Sith/Dark Jedi on the other hand, would be extremely effective in battle if not for the fact that all of them are driven batshit insane by the dark side.

Hogwarts does not teach combat-related magic, except to defend against it (Source: The books). Wizards that do know combat magic are constantly hunted, and seem to be at risk to the same batshit insanity as Sith.

For evil Pokemon trainers, on the other hand, the only risk seems to be ten year olds. Assuming Hogwarts first years don't have Pokemon, they would be literally unbeatable.

But if they're so smart, how come they are still used by humans for their entertainment or personal gain?

If they're so smart, why haven't they enslaved the humans? Or acquire space travel? eh?

Pokemon are capable of thinking for themselves. If a Pokemon is captured it's pretty much agreeing that the trainer has bested it and is willing to fight along side them. They haven't enslaved humans because there's no reason to do so. As for acquiring space travel, they totally did that

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Pokemon are capable of thinking for themselves. If a Pokemon is captured it's pretty much agreeing that the trainer has bested it and is willing to fight along side them. They haven't enslaved humans because there's no reason to do so. As for acquiring space travel, they totally did that

Well, I'll be. Learn something new every day.

Still, I can't picture a Jedi being killed by something as pansy as a pickachu or something.

I hate people who always postpone things until the very last moment, so everything has to be done in a hurry. Chronic procrastinators, I think they're called. It's even worse when they are apparently oblivious of the annoyance this causes, and expect you to cope with it. Bah.

My friend does this ALL THE TIME.

We've gotten to the point where we're getting sick of his attitude. We have something planned for the past 2 weeks, last minute he'll say "sorry guys, [GF Name] is here, having sex. cya"

He feels like he has to tell us EVERYTIME he's having sex. WE GET IT. I dont care if you're [bleep]ing her and we're not getting any, what IS annoying is you dont shut up about it.

I suppose that's another thing I hate; people who feel its necessary to tell everyone "having sex right now lol" on a daily basis. I dunno if it's because I never got to have a sexual lifestyle but its damn annoying when they gloat all the time.

Popoto.~<3

I feel like you should be able to say something like "if your going to keep telling me about it, at least invite me to join you!"

That might even be enough to get him to shut up.

Ohhh boy. A good portion of my friends are getting into that "it's the edgy thing to hate on every bad thing America does and to totally hate on it and to ignore what any other country does" phase.

blargh.

Ohhh boy. A good portion of my friends are getting into that "it's the edgy thing to hate on every bad thing America does and to totally hate on it and to ignore what any other country does" phase.

blargh.

Did you hear the police punched a guy while arresting him? This just proves that Barack Obama is a Nazi.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.