13-May-2010 Fairy Tale Part 3 & DirectX Support and Graphics Options

Toad

DirectX addition looks interesting, sadly I don't play anymore.

It doesn't really do anything different yet. It just boosted the usage on my graphics card to 7% from 6% at max settings and forced 8x AA.

This does not constitute me getting members though,

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. So the big reward for this quest is to not use a staff! Did anyone REALLY care about that? Not as much as they care about having to actually GET to Zanaris to use the rings at all. Are JaGeX really SO stupid that they didn't think of some way to instantly teleport us to the Zanaris ring? That's what everybody wanted. I never use the rings because they are slower than other methods since you have to actually get to Zanaris first which is a waste of time.

HUGE letdown for an update that had multiple dev blogs and high potential. :thumbdown:

Not like there arent enough fairy rings around the world. :roll:

I use fairy rings on a daily basis, and having a magical fairy tooth gives me one inventory spot + not having to take my lunar staff out of the bank every time I have to use them.

It doesn't really do anything different yet. It just boosted the usage on my graphics card to 7% from 6% at max settings and forced 8x AA.

You can get 8x AA? :o

I cant go over 4, could you post the difference? :P

Edit: Sorry for double post. *whistles*

There are plenty of rings around the world, but none are a direct teleport. Brunokillers way is close but still isn't direct. You also have to get 300 slayer points and take the time to make a bunch of rings. I'm thinking more of a teleport spell such as the Ape Atoll teleport.

Is the magic secateurs yeild increase noticeable?

The magic watering can sounds good, less bank space used. :thumbup:

Too bad the new monsters drop so many gold charms, I'd rather have fewer better charm drops.

Also the martin farmer quest portion seems like it would have made a good farming d&d.

Wow. So the big reward for this quest is to not use a staff! Did anyone REALLY care about that? Not as much as they care about having to actually GET to Zanaris to use the rings at all. Are JaGeX really SO stupid that they didn't think of some way to instantly teleport us to the Zanaris ring? That's what everybody wanted. I never use the rings because they are slower than other methods since you have to actually get to Zanaris first which is a waste of time.

HUGE letdown for an update that had multiple dev blogs and high potential. :thumbdown:

Not like there arent enough fairy rings around the world. :roll:

I use fairy rings on a daily basis, and having a magical fairy tooth gives me one inventory spot + not having to take my lunar staff out of the bank every time I have to use them.

"Having a magical fairy tooth"? what do you mean by that?

/edit: nvm, i just remembered that part from the quest lol

I cant go over 4x AA either btw :o

//edit:

Is the magic secateurs yeild increase noticeable?

I havent heard of any such reward, any link?

Lord_Beloved.png

Yus. They like pulling teeth. :P

2502ko8.png

Also found 3 glitches:

[hide]161l5q1.png

wv1zdi.png

w44zb.png[/hide]

Yus. They like pulling teeth. :P

2502ko8.png

Also found 3 glitches:

[hide]161l5q1.png

wv1zdi.png

w44zb.png[/hide]

taken a look at the new otherworldly beings yet? they really look amazing, especially their attack (which is a bit freaky tbh :P)

I used to train on them because they supposedly had an increased chance of dropping d med, ahh the good old days ;)

Lord_Beloved.png

taken a look at the new otherworldly beings yet? they really look amazing, especially their attack (which is a bit freaky tbh :P)

I used to train on them because they supposedly had an increased chance of dropping d med, ahh the good old days ;)

Yeah, really liked their look. Kinda reminded me of the grim reaper because of the hood. :P

I found an outherworldly being in the marketplace area that hadnt been updated yet.

Feels kind of weird. Before the update, I never had any lag on max details except for world 2 ge or any other place with alot of players.

But now with the Direct X update, I seems to have skipped frames every second....

Feels kind of weird. Before the update, I never had any lag on max details except for world 2 ge or any other place with alot of players.

But now with the Direct X update, I seems to have skipped frames every second....

Well i'm no tech guy, but I would expect changing such a large part of the game's back end will not be perfect straight off the bat. give it a little time and i would expect them to improve it swiftly.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Is it possible to use/download directx 11 currently for vista?

Im using 10 and was wondering if 11 would change anything within runescape's grahpics compared to 10.

Just got home, I will do that real quick then edit them in...

To get 8x AA, I had to override applications in the NVIDIA control panel with the 8X AA option.

[hide=pic]

2ljhlw2.png

[/hide]

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Im using 10 and was wondering if 11 would change anything within runescape's grahpics compared to 10.

It wouldn't change the look, but it could make it run better, meaning you may be able to run the graphics settings higher.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It wouldn't change the look, but it could make it run better, meaning you may be able to run the graphics settings higher.

It runs fairly smooth on all max settings for me at the moment, the water is the thing that's annoying me.

In OpenGL (Old HD) its like this

[hide]2d1wufn.png[/hide]

While in DirectX its like this.

[hide]2qjaha9.png[/hide]

Its probably like that for everyone though, im guessing.

To get 8x AA, I had to override applications in the NVIDIA control panel with the 8X AA option.

[hide=pic]

2ljhlw2.png

[/hide]

Can you be a little more specific about what you did?

2dgucz6.png

[hide=pic]

2ljhlw2.png

[/hide]

Right-Click Desktop

Click "NVIDIA Control Panel"

Click "Manage 3D Settings"

On the Global Settings tab, there is this option which says "Anti aliasing - Setting" set that to what you want

now change "Anti aliasing - Mode" to "Override ant application setting".

Click apply and there you go.

You may have to restart browser and clear cache and java cache.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[hide=pic]

2ljhlw2.png

[/hide]

Right-Click Desktop

On the Global Settings tab, there is this option which says "Anti aliasing - Setting" set that to what you want

I did all that and cleared cookies but not cache or java cache. I'm kind of a computer noob so I'm not really sure how to clear the caches...

2dgucz6.png

[hide=pic]

2ljhlw2.png

[/hide]

Right-Click Desktop

I did all that and cleared cookies but not cache or java cache. I'm kind of a computer noob so I'm not really sure how to clear the caches...

If you are using Firefox, press ctrl+shift+delete/del and check cache and then click "clear now" if you are using IE, go to internet options and view temporary files and click clear I think. You don;t have to clear the java cache. You do not get an "8X AA" option in Runescape, but it is 8X AA.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Interesting about the anti-aliasing. I tried that and it gave me the option for 16x anti-aliasing. I did notice a huge difference between no anti-aliasing and 4x, but tbh I didn't notice much difference at all between 4x and 16x. I don't think you really can get much better than 4x in RuneScape. Probably why Jagex didn't give the option, because it is basically pointless/overkill.