13-May-2010 Fairy Tale Part 3 & DirectX Support and Graphics Options

Toad

Very good rewards for this quest. Kinda sad that I'll never have to use my lunar staffs again. Gonna finish it when I get the chance.

Yes, I've noticed significantly increased lag after the implementation of DivX support also.

you can choose not to use divX graphics under "custom". My runescape is exactly as before, as that was faster for me.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good rewards for this quest. Kinda sad that I'll never have to use my lunar staffs again. Gonna finish it when I get the chance.

Yes, I've noticed significantly increased lag after the implementation of DivX support also.

you can choose not to use divX graphics under "custom". My runescape is exactly as before, as that was faster for me.

DirectX*

I am running max graphics and the load times are slightly faster under DX then OGL.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Still one un-updated otherworldly being. Irksol in the market is still his old empty robes self.

A fair few shopkeepers haven't been updated, and it detracts from the whole thing. They should have just picked and applied generic but updated models instead of just not changing them.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

How come we didn't get Bloom with this graphics update?

Looks like Bloom is gonna come with the upcoming engine update (Water reflections, dynamic shadows, particle effects)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like Bloom is gonna come with the upcoming engine update (Water reflections, dynamic shadows, particle effects)

Thanks for the reply. :)

Anyway, hopefully that comes soon.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Anyway, hopefully that comes soon.

I read somewhere that they said it was using too much resourses off the pc so they were going to release it once thy were happy with the amount it would take.

it is now pretty much impossible to withdraw an item to the left or right of an item you've just withdrawn, without waiting a second or more. how can they not see this as a serious programming fault?

fishing.gif

it is now pretty much impossible to withdraw an item to the left or right of an item you've just withdrawn, without waiting a second or more. how can they not see this as a serious programming fault?

they don't seem to play their own game, so they wouldn't know.

Because they purposely did it?

It was suppose to be a "fix", but many people preferred it the previous way.

(though, clicking from right to left offers less delay)

I am nice. . .

"impossible to withdraw an item to the left or right "

Works just like before. Did you even try it ?

Because they purposely did it?

It was suppose to be a "fix", but many people preferred it the previous way.

(though, clicking from right to left offers less delay)

I feel kind of bad for saying this, but I miss the days of the old tabless but absolutely 0 delay bank setup

"impossible to withdraw an item to the left or right "

Works just like before. Did you even try it ?

yes. i tried to withdraw 17 single seeds of different types in piles next to eachother.

Before the update that took me 2 in-game ticks, going left to right (i have many of each seed), now it takes anbout ten seconds the most rapid way i've found. if you have a faster method, please do show me a short video-clip, or outline the technique of how to do it :)

apologies, i meant to type that it is impossible to withdrawn from to the right, or below an item you've just withdrawn. dunno why i typed left.

if you withdraw an item, you must wait until it shows up in your inventory and your bank is redrawn until you can withdraw anything at that position or beyond. it's idiotic.

fishing.gif

apologies, i meant to type that it is impossible to withdrawn from to the right, or below an item you've just withdrawn. dunno why i typed left.

if you withdraw an item, you must wait until it shows up in your inventory and your bank is redrawn until you can withdraw anything at that position or beyond. it's idiotic.

You can withdraw items from the left then click the items one by one to the left.

Not as fast as the old way, but faster then waiting for every item.

The Barrows has been adjusted so that when stood next to a puzzle door, you will no longer be interrupted by nearby NPCs attacking you.

<3:

Doesn't 100% work for me.

Doesnt work at all for me.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

The Barrows has been adjusted so that when stood next to a puzzle door, you will no longer be interrupted by nearby NPCs attacking you.

<3:

Doesn't 100% work for me.

Doesnt work at all for me.

Oh I know what it is now: You still have to kill the monster that is after you when you enter the room where you puzzle door is, however, after you killed that one, and you stay standing next to the door, no NEW monsters will target you. So all in all it doesn't help that much.

You can withdraw items from the left then click the items one by one to the left.

Not as fast as the old way, but faster then waiting for every item.

Okay, so all we have to do is relearn how to scan a page with our eyes. Let's punish the people who are used to reading the conventional way.

fishing.gif

Okay, so all we have to do is relearn how to scan a page with our eyes. Let's punish the people who are used to reading the conventional way.

Well, there are people who do read from right to left allready. :P

I agree it was better before though.