13-May-2010 Fairy Tale Part 3 & DirectX Support and Graphics Options

Toad

While in DirectX its like this.

[hide]2qjaha9.png[/hide]

Am I the only one who sees the tidal wave in the background?

OMG SAILING@@@@@

But really, I think the tidal wave thing was the point.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems DirrectX deffenetly handles lighting differently, but other than that, there are just a few rendering issues. Seems to choke up a bit more for me than opengl, so wont be using it.

Got through the quest.... never emptying watering can is to little to late now, especially with white lily, the only time I water is when prepping a batch of potted trees. Will head back later for additional rewards I suppose, but got a magic level to train, and about 10 separate skills that just need topping off a level, and all out of sacred clay tools.

Has anyone else noticed a MASSIVE increase in the number of altars you get in large dungeons now? Previously, it was usually like 0-3. Now, I haven't gotten a single large dungeon below 3 -- usually there's like 6 per dungeon.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

While in DirectX its like this.

[hide]2qjaha9.png[/hide]

Am I the only one who sees the tidal wave in the background?

But really, I think the tidal wave thing was the point.

Yeah, its just a horizon line using OpenGL but water goes all jumpy and loads differently when using DirectX.

Thats why I was wondering if DirectX11 would make it like OpenGL is.

System Update...

This update fixes several problems players have been experiencing with the latest update.

- Fixed an issue with the world map.

- Fixed Ubuntu so it now works properly with DirectX.

- Increased the framerate for DirectX due to an issue with shadows in some places.

Thanks for your patience,

Mod Nexus.

Jagex fixed Ubuntu? Fix Runescape we pay we say wilderness derp derp derp.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

- Fixed Ubuntu so it now works properly with DirectX.

Hah, gotta' love their phrasing - Jagex are contributing to Ubuntu's DirectX capabilities? ;) Actually quite interesting considering I had to resort to silly methods to get HD working on Ubuntu - will have to see if it's working better soon! :)

I notice that the map circle is always filled in now. Before this update package, I would often see black areas and get the "loading please wait" box while the game loaded the map square I was moving into. Those days seem to be gone.

GJ Jagex.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I notice that the map circle is always filled in now. Before this update package, I would often see black areas and get the "loading please wait" box while the game loaded the map square I was moving into. Those days seem to be gone.

GJ Jagex.

I'm having to wait more often and for longer when I go into a new area and it loads. :thumbdown:

Hameigh.png

Odd, I still get those. :???:

ztdhrd.png

I do think however, that new area loading has been made more frequent after the update.

What I mean is you start loading an unloaded area at a further distance then before the update.

I was runecrafting astrals and before the update, I have never had to load twice from the bank to the alter.

Before I would load by the little waterfall. Now I have to load at the waterfall and right next to the alter itself.

Odd, I still get those. :???:

ztdhrd.png

I do think however, that new area loading has been made more frequent after the update.

What I mean is you start loading an unloaded area at a further distance then before the update.

I was runecrafting astrals and before the update, I have never had to load twice from the bank to the alter.

Before I would load by the little waterfall. Now I have to load at the waterfall and right next to the alter itself.

Its probably to reduce polygons in the area. With the engine update, they had to increase the polygons under DX mode which makes your loaded areas lower to favor the changes.

For example, if they had 2500 polygons in a 100x100 tile area before the update, they might have 2800 now. To reduce the polygon count, the tile dimensions of where you can go without loaded a new area is 96x96.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Might be a noob question, but how do I actually get all my patches to stay unweeded? All the options I try seem to fail.

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

I presume you've talked to Martin in Draynor.Seems you have to talk to one of the gardners(from any patch), then let the patches get weeded.After you weed them, they won't get weeds anymore.

That's what I understood from the whole thing.

lol.... DirectX isn't the holy-grail of everything you know. Opengl for example has much more support for polygons & models (and is hence faster when trying to render large terrains).. Directx on the other hand has support for voxel graphics, and better dynamic lightning..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Am I the only one who is finding large maps unplayable in Dungeoneering since this update? Even with the lowest possible settings, every door open and every movement in the boss room leads to 5+ seconds of "Please wait..." lag. It's deadly.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Very good rewards for this quest. Kinda sad that I'll never have to use my lunar staffs again. Gonna finish it when I get the chance.

Yes, I've noticed significantly increased lag after the implementation of DivX support also.

Carpe_Deus.png

qkpY.png

Fixed a problem where you'd remove the adjacent item from your bank by mistake.

OH. MY.GOD!

This is the happiest day of my life.

NOOOOOOO!!! I loved that! ;_;

Now I have to click on each individual item when gearing for bosses or slayer or such ;_;

Getting items out is so slow now...

Actually - it's slow if you try to get them from left to right, BUT if you click from the most rightest to left you get them instantly (tho, still slower than clicking at the same item like we used to do)

Fixed a problem where you'd remove the adjacent item from your bank by mistake.

OH. MY.GOD!

This is the happiest day of my life.

NOOOOOOO!!! I loved that! ;_;

Now I have to click on each individual item when gearing for bosses or slayer or such ;_;

Getting items out is so slow now...

I wondered why it was taking me forever to get my gear out of the bank. Spam-clicking was so much more efficient. That wasn't a problem! :shame: