13-May-2010 Fairy Tale Part 3 & DirectX Support and Graphics Options

Toad

While the rewards are nice and the graphics are quite good, I'm still wondering that it took over a year for this? Certainly doesn't feel like it.

Well there's the whole graphical update to Zanaris, including the Fairies and the Orks. Adding in some new areas too.

Not to mention it probably won't be a huge team working on it. So yeah, it's possible it took a year, including revisions to some parts, some original concepts can get changed at a later date for example. God..Why do you people think this is so easy?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the rewards are nice and the graphics are quite good, I'm still wondering that it took over a year for this? Certainly doesn't feel like it.

A 30 minute quest? C'mon! It's epic. :unsure:

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Well there's the whole graphical update to Zanaris, including the Fairies and the Orks. Adding in some new areas too.

Not to mention it probably won't be a huge team working on it. So yeah, it's possible it took a year, including revisions to some parts, some original concepts can get changed at a later date for example. God..Why do you people think this is so easy?

And not to mention actually thinking up of the story, getting it approved, finding and fixing any bugs and not to mention code it.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Seems jagex missed a few fairys in the market place :P

The one selling the dragon stuff, and the one by a fairy ring to Al khraid.

Oh well, was a fun quest and i nice way to end a Aging storyline..

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

The quest itself is rather... meh. I agree that the Zanaris Graphics are very nice, but I just don't feel like their time was spent wisely on this. I do know that the graphics for Zanaris were done months ago and they reworked the final battle thing twice to make it better, which is what the delay was. So knowing that and seeing what came of it... just kinda... :-|

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

The quest itself is rather... meh. I agree that the Zanaris Graphics are very nice, but I just don't feel like their time was spent wisely on this. I do know that the graphics for Zanaris were done months ago and they reworked the final battle thing twice to make it better, which is what the delay was. So knowing that and seeing what came of it... just kinda... :-|

No I agree. I was trying to be sarcastic...or something. It sucks that they spend so much time on this type of thing for the game. People are going to play through this quest once and be done with it forever...its a shame so much time goes into a short lived part of the game that we are only going to enjoy once (and many of us really wont "enjoy" questing at all) The rewards are great, but I doubt a lot of that development time was spent making the rewards.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Fun quest, meh reward. And I think this quest has had more hidden rewards than any other...

Dunno, the portals from the Summer quests were a fair bunch.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Fun quest, meh reward. And I think this quest has had more hidden rewards than any other...

Dunno, the portals from the Summer quests were a fair bunch.

especially the one in rogues castle (the lvl 51 wildy one), I still cant believe anyone found that one tbh

Lord_Beloved.png

Wow. So the big reward for this quest is to not use a staff! Did anyone REALLY care about that? Not as much as they care about having to actually GET to Zanaris to use the rings at all. Are JaGeX really SO stupid that they didn't think of some way to instantly teleport us to the Zanaris ring? That's what everybody wanted. I never use the rings because they are slower than other methods since you have to actually get to Zanaris first which is a waste of time.

HUGE letdown for an update that had multiple dev blogs and high potential. :thumbdown:

Wow. So the big reward for this quest is to not use a staff! Did anyone REALLY care about that? Not as much as they care about having to actually GET to Zanaris to use the rings at all. Are JaGeX really SO stupid that they didn't think of some way to instantly teleport us to the Zanaris ring? That's what everybody wanted. I never use the rings because they are slower than other methods since you have to actually get to Zanaris first which is a waste of time.

HUGE letdown for an update that had multiple dev blogs and high potential. :thumbdown:

It was revealed a few months ago the reward would be staff-less ring usage.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Are JaGeX really SO stupid that they didn't think of some way to instantly teleport us to the Zanaris ring?

Slayer_ring_detail.png

you mean teleing to slayer tower and walk south to the ring? That's hardly faster (if at all) than glory tele to edge and use the ring east.

And neither are direct teles (which he asked for) at any rate...

Lord_Beloved.png

Really, if there's any negative things to point out with this update, it's that some people persist on being negative. The quest was good, the boss fight unique in some respects, and the rewards definitely make up for the long wait. (Fairy rings w/o a staff could've been the only reward and I'd be happy)

I'm loving the new look to Zanaris; now if only they could put the graphics team on gnomes and trolls and we'd be relatively up-to-date with the races. I think I'm relatively safe in saying there really are no negatives to this update, and if there are, they are very small and essentially nothing to talk about. Good job Jagex :rolleyes:

Are JaGeX really SO stupid that they didn't think of some way to instantly teleport us to the Zanaris ring?

Slayer_ring_detail.png

you mean teleing to slayer tower and walk south to the ring? That's hardly faster (if at all) than glory tele to edge and use the ring east.

No, he means teleing to the Slayer Cave and clicking the Fairy Ring there.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Slayer_ring_detail.png

8 steps east of a fairy ring is pretty much the same as an instant tele...

Slayer_ring_detail.png

No, he means teleing to the Slayer Cave and clicking the Fairy Ring there.

ahh yes, forgot about that ^^

(actually never thought of doing that, stupidly :/)

Lord_Beloved.png

"The Barrows has been adjusted so that when stood next to a puzzle door, you will no longer be interrupted by nearby NPCs attacking you."

OHMYGOD. I don't even play anymore and I'm excited for this haha