Runescape + directx = 3D runescape finally!

joker2022

I am playing runscape in 3D finally with direct X support.

Does anyone else play it in 3d? I use the iz3d drivers, which are free.

I play in analgraph mode with red and blue 3d glasses.

What do others use?

Lets discuss this....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My crappy laptop with a "graphics accelerator" won't even support direct X...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm looking more forward to Tessellation as you can see here:

Which is present on the Runescape Dungeoneering trailer (and new water has been confirmed to be coming) this is why Jagex has added DX too if you ask me :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Erm, hasnt Runescape always been in 3D? O_o

Quickly googling the drivers he was on about I think OP is talking about 3D like Avatar/Alice in Wonderland jumping out at you 3D.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Which is present on the Runescape Dungeoneering trailer (and new water has been confirmed to be coming) this is why Jagex has added DX too if you ask me :P

tessellation requires a lot of GPU power, I doubt we'll see it in RS when Jagex tries to keep polygon counts low.

Edit: Forgot to mention Tessellation is already in OpenGL - infact openGL has had tessellation way before DirectX.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Erm, hasnt Runescape always been in 3D? O_o

Quickly googling the drivers he was on about I think OP is talking about 3D like Avatar/Alice in Wonderland jumping out at you 3D.

Ahh. Picture please? :P

tessellation requires a lot of GPU power, I doubt we'll see it in RS when Jagex tries to keep polygon counts low.

I think we will ->

There's a mod reply in comments somewhere saying he can't say much about the water atm, and it's mentioned briefly in the Q&A sessions

I think we will ->

There's a mod reply in comments somewhere saying he can't say much about the water atm, and it's mentioned briefly in the Q&A sessions

Well there are lots of ways they can get water to look good for RS. Why would they use tessellation when most of their target audience isn't going to have the required hardware, and when most of the art is supposed to have a low poly count. Why would you tessellate a cube for example?

I don't know, maybe Jagex will. They do some pretty crazy stuff.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

I think we will ->

Well there are lots of ways they can get water to look good for RS. Why would they use tessellation when most of their target audience isn't going to have the required hardware, and when most of the art is supposed to have a low poly count. Why would you tessellate a cube for example?

I don't know, maybe Jagex will. They do some pretty crazy stuff.

Hopefully they might be prepping for console release in near future or cater for higher end pcs and attract a different audience but as you said can never be sure with jagex :P

Mine plays terribly in HD now...

Mine doesn't even work. And wasn't it 3D before too?

he means 3d with those 3d glasses:

3d-specs.jpg

This would be the dumbest thing ever in the history of RS.

3D glasses are guaranteed to give you a headache and wear the crap out of your eyes.

3D "technology" has been out in movies since the 50s and invented like 100 years ago.

The last incarnation was in the late 70s when I was a little kid. (that stupid meteor movie with shawn connery, JAWs...)

The only question is how clueless the newest generation is if "3D" finally catches on.

Unbelievable, just play the dam rick aston song...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The hell are you going on about? You can make any DirectX game 3D with the proper drivers + glasses. Stop whining if you don't like it. OP was just showing his appreciation for the fact that he can now play Runescape (like any other DirectX game) in 3D.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

3d-specs.jpg

This would be the dumbest optional thing ever in the history of RS.

3D glasses are guaranteed to give you a headache and wear the crap out of your eyes.

3D "technology" has been out in movies since the 50s and invented like 100 years ago.

The last incarnation was in the late 70s when I was a little kid Earlier this year. (that stupid meteor movie with shawn connery, JAWs... avatar, alice in wonderland)

The only question is how clueless the newest generation is if "3D" finally catches on.

Unbelievable, just play the damn rick astonley song...

edits crossed out and in bold.

Also the rick roll'd meme does not even apply in that scenario.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

3d-specs.jpg

The last incarnation was in the late 70s when I was a little kid. (that stupid meteor movie with shawn connery, JAWs...)

Unbelievable, just play the dam rick aston song...

This is completely incorrect. 3D movies are now being produced and viewed using the approach of overlaying two images of different polarizations. additionally, better understanding of the angles to shoot the two images from (or where relative to the subject to render them from), causes fewer headaches.

fishing.gif

Nowadays, you'll almost never see red/blue tinted glasses, for obvious reasons. Instead, you use polarising glasses and a polarising monitor, or alternating glasses (one eye turns black, then switches to the other eye, 120 or more times each second) in sync with an alternating monitor. Neither of those generally give you headaches.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Search for Nvidia 3D

That uses active shutter glasses.

Its 3d in high def. without the annoying red/blue glasses. and it won't mess up your eyes.

The color claritiy on the active shutter glasses is incredible, and looks insane on 1080p.

abkplj.png

Question: How do you get rid of the [bleep]ing wizard? Hint: shift + num * dosen't work. RS apparently eats all keyboard entry when it has focus. And I tried setting the default profile in the control panel to NOT show the wizard, but it STILL shows up. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I wish I had a moniter that could render in 3d, but I don't, so blue + cyan thing is all I can manage. Glad I kept those glasses from that godawful spy kids movie. :thumbup:

Edit: Wait, nevermind, java appeared at the bottom of the list apparently and the box was still checked. My bad. Anyway, pretty interesting playing games like Oblivion and Garry's Mod in 3D

<Image>

Question: How do you get rid of the [bleep]ing wizard? Hint: shift + num * dosen't work. RS apparently eats all keyboard entry when it has focus. And I tried setting the default profile in the control panel to NOT show the wizard, but it STILL shows up. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I wish I had a moniter that could render in 3d, but I don't, so blue + cyan thing is all I can manage. Glad I kept those glasses from that godawful spy kids movie. :thumbup:

Edit: Wait, nevermind, java appeared at the bottom of the list apparently and the box was still checked. My bad. Anyway, pretty interesting playing games like Oblivion and Garry's Mod in 3D

Dude, I used my 3D glasses from my Spy Kids movie with that picture and it looks bad [wagon].

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]