Where you live ...

i_love_burritos

Well, I grew up on a small farm in the West Interlake of Manitoba, Canada. Our family farm is located about 23kms from the small town of Eriksdale (under 1000 pop for the entire municipality, which even living 23kms away we are part of).

It was always, in my opinion, great living out in the country where the land you walk on is yours and there is so much of it that you can't hope to cover it all. The common occurrance of seeing wildlife exist in its natural habitat is an amazing thing, especially when you have become a part of its habitat. The hot days and cool summer nights are definitely something I look forward to. Being able to do an honest days work in the warm summer sun, and party hard during the cool nights whether alongside a bonfire at the beach, in a bush, or just wherever. I always enjoyed being able to drive what seemed an endless distance throughout the fields with whatever girl had my heart at that particular time, and be able to show her the sweet secrets that I had discovered across our land over the years. Whether it's a field that seems to supply an endless amount of wild strawberries, despite our best attempts to eat them all or a small creek bubbling in a glade who's only inhabitants seem to be the songbirds and wild deer.

Although, autumn is my favourite time of year around the farm. The landscape adopts a reddish tinge, and the old beaten dirt roads are covered in a blanket of leaves. I can smell the smoke from the chimney as I pass by a house, and know that it is so warm inside despite the crisp cool air outside. I like the nakedness that takes over the large forests that seemed to be impenetrable walls during the summer months. Now I can see through them, I can see what was hidden on the other side. That musky smell of the leaves decomposing beneath me mixes with the cool breeze coming from the cold north and fills my lungs with a scent I know too well, triggering memories of years past. I just can't entirely describe the feeling that I get in the late autumn months.

Winter, albeit too cold for man or beast at times has its own amazing qualities as well. Some cloudy nights are so dark that when you walk out to check the cattle you're unsure if your flashlight will work, or if the darkness will just overtake the measly light it offers. Yet, other nights when it is especially cold, the nights when it's so quiet the whole world seems to sleep and even your own breath is shallow because you are scared of waking the world.. those are the nights that the stars shine so brightly that the flashlight stays in the house. The snow glistens as though made up of millions of tiny gems and you can see almost as well as you could during the middle of the day. It's these nights that I would wander aimlessly through the fields, staring straight up into the sky. Eventually my neck would get sore enough that I'd just fall backwards into the snow, just so I could keep looking. Nights like these are the ones that really makes a person wonder what's out there, and what am I in comparison.

In all honestly I love where I've grown up. I could ramble on about hard times and various things that I feel have made me become a better person, but I'm not too keen on writing a novel just yet. I've been shown throughout my life that hard work and a good head on one's shoulders pays off in the end. Be confident, friendly & fair and you can expect to go far. I wouldn't have it any other way.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i grew up in a depressingly small town in pennsylvania, about a half hour south of turnpikes.

i moved to california a little while ago, and im living in san diego right now.

i dont particularly like the exact area i live, but it could be worse.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I live in Wellington, New Zealand.

It's the capital of our country, around 650k people.

I recently moved up (from the South Island, actually) and am definitely enjoying it; I was born in Wellington, but my parents moved when I was younger due to inflated house prices etc, etc. It's certainly a very student oriented and cosmopoliton city :smile: .

*edit: small typo

• 2 weeks later...

I can't stand suburbs or country side. I'm sorry, but I'm an Urban cat. I recently spent 3 days in a little tiny isolated town with my father. ALMOST DIED OF BOREDOM. No cars ever pass, no one ever uses the sidewalk, some streets didn't even have a sidewalk! All those three days we spent indoors because the sun could kill you and we went out to a little insignificant, sorry of an excuse creek just to have a small, mosquito filled bar-b-q.

I have to be in a place where I can lose myself in a crowd, there must be people or I will freak! I wouldn't mind living in a big city like New York, infact I would prefer it. I must surrounded by the noise of cars and the chatter of people. I must surrounded by the great expanse of self expressed artist and unique architecture.

There's this little street dedicated to urban artist called Artist Village in which is full of art stores and galleries. There's a little fountain which over looks the busy street in which there will be someone blasting music or people sitting around the fountain having a good time. Adjacent to the fountain is a small restaurant where they sell very unique food and the coffee is to die for. Chances are you will find someone either painting, taking a photo, or making a big fashion statement in this village. Scattered about the sides of the streets are stairs leading down, in which there's an underground utopia of galleries and large rooms with many activities to do. Fliers are scattered about, advertising dances or night clubs that are near or underground, there's even a theater ,called the Rude Gorilla Theater, in which amateur playwriters can express their plays and showcase vivid colors . Even the bathrooms are vividly decorated, with the faucets are comically colored and the urinals are left with funny messages spread all over the walls.

The city I live in, Santa Ana, is a city with a pop of 355,662. The Highschool I go to has a pop of 25k, very close to lots of attractions like theme parks. Close to the beach, close to universities, close to restaurants, you can pretty much find anything here.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

You're already in a good position for uban life and entertainment if you live in the LA metropolitan area! :P. I love this place so much, its literally the crossroads of the world with every nationality and religion you can think of, a great diverse of financial classes, places to buy luxories and nessesities close by in every direction.

The downfall? Traffic jams and earthquakes. Traffic jans are easy to avoid if you know the streets as well as the freeways, and earthquakes rarely ever happen so that's claered.

Even the weather is great. You get three months of pure heat but the rest of the year you'll have no problems.

That's enough rambling for now. :)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I demonstrate with a picture

Picture1-7.png

I lie though. I wish I live there. I live in the middle of the tiny state of Connecticut (my town is close to the exact middle of Boston and NYC)

But next year Im going to be living in Bean-Town as a college student!!!! (Boston)

Btw cookie for anyone who can guess where pic is from? :D

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Picture1-7.png

I lie though. I wish I live there. I live in the middle of the tiny state of Connecticut (my town is close to the exact middle of Boston and NYC)

But next year Im going to be living in Bean-Town as a college student!!!! (Boston)

Photobucket.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Picture1-7.png

Photobucket.

I ment what game its from. But it is from photobucket. So half cookie for you? :?:

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Which college? I live around Boston so that sort of justifies my creepiness.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Grew up in a small Wisconsin town of about 2,500. Going to University in St. Cloud, MN. About 17,000 students.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Lived my whole life in South eastern VA, I hate this place. L

Everything here is so expensive because everyone here is richhhhhhh, also, it's suffocatingly humid 24/7, really ruins the summers. Ruins them so much.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge